Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Bunker mentality or what....snipers of the grade FFS [emoji4]
That forum's going to be a must read:
"So everything's fine then?"
"Aye"
"Suppose so."
"That's good then...."

I was at game x today, bit scrappy, crowd was sparse, good pies tho...

NO JUNIOR BASHING, perma-ban

Bunker mentality or what....snipers of the grade FFS [emoji4]
That forum's going to be a must read:
"So everything's fine then?"
"Aye"
"Suppose so."
"That's good then...."

Also expecting a 'positive' pyramid discussion from junior diehards. Might be few snipes or twelve at those pesky seniors.

Hearing that the sfa are looking to limit access to the pyramid/licensing anyway so perhaps they are right to think f**k it and bury their heads.
From what I can gather of it thus far any clubs licensed from next season onwards will be associates rather than full members & can only gain full member status by promoting to tier 5. The only difference between associate & full membership is voting rights with Scottish Cup entry & share of the sfa kitty being unaffected.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Thats quite a significant difference imo. I dont want my club to be a member of an organisation it doesnt have a voting right in.

Reach the LL and you become a full member, that's my understanding.

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Why should members joining say this year not in the LL be full members and a west region club that couldnt do anything to prevent the pyramid debacle be denied the same rights as a club at the same or lower tier. Utter shite.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just clarifying that clubs in tier 5 will be full members, but new applicants will be Associate members until they reach that level.  Details still sketchy though.

The most surprising vote of the day goes to Tom Johnston, who I am told from a very reliable source also voted for it. I wonder what his members will make if that?

I have no way of veryifying this but if true TJ is in effect shafting his own members who may in future pursue licensing by voting for the proposal.

7 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just clarifying that clubs in tier 5 will be full members, but new applicants will be Associate members until they reach that level.  Details still sketchy though.

Not saying it's right either

Think if this is true it's easy to work out why.
The SFA wouldn't want too many new clubs with the same view coming into their association and have a full vote as teams that have been here a long time or are higher up.
You are talking about 130 odd votes if more juniors from the east and all west joined the pyramid ranks.

If they are going down this route or working one out why not clubs should have a vote no matter, so if you are club is not classed as a 'full member' then 'half a vote' it should be until they reach the relevant tier then a full vote shoudl be allowed.

7 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

I have no way of veryifying this but if true TJ is in effect shafting his own members who may in future pursue licensing by voting for the proposal.

To protect his salary and enable him to go to the AGM on Saturday having ensured it went through while claiming “I told you so, they don’t want you anyway. I am the messiah, the sfa is a naughty naughty boy”

TJ will stoop as low as it takes to protect his salary and discourage his members to take a punt on joining the pyramid. Remember clubs would have had floodlights years ago if it was encouraged and allowed to use them. Why would clubs have spent money on something they aren’t allowed to use? Instead they spunked it all on wages for players.