Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

34 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Update on the Junior only forum :)

image.png.f78979bdb9f803b74bfacfdbe232a90b.png

I seen this and have to say it took half an hour for me to stop laughing, what a divvy.  I see he has went back to protecting his tweets :lol: pure raging 

Justice? I'd say common sense has prevailed rather than justice being done

This does make more sense, justice would have been done properly from the start.

Update on the Junior only forum [emoji4]

I like the end of that tweet. ‘This is a forum’. Except it won’t be cos forums involve discussions and debate, which they’ve made clear will be banned.

Imagine the threads.

‘Good game between my team and the opposition two great JUNIOR teams’

‘Aye mate, loved visiting your team, JUNIORS alive and well’ ...

‘What a pleasure to have player A playing today great JUNIOR player’

‘Aye, many more like him...’

No disagreements, no disputes, nothing that isn’t fully ‘mon the juniors’, otherwise it’s a ban for junior bashing.

4 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

F*cking hell that's tragic :lol:

It's not though...it's a good laugh. I really hope he's not serious but you never know.

Please remember that a lot of you chaps do indulge in "Junior bashing" and you should be more careful about that nowadays.

16 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

It's not though...it's a good laugh. I really hope he's not serious but you never know.

Please remember that a lot of you chaps do indulge in "Junior bashing" and you should be more careful about that nowadays.

Define "Junior bashing", because most stuff on this particular thread is pretty constructive, and generally speaking it's the Junior trolls who come on and attempt to derail the debate, some openly admit it. Who is bashing who exactly?

As for the person who is promoting this new forum, he is renowned for blocking anyone of twitter who is positive about the pyramid, so good luck, you'll need it to survive.....

Edited by Burnie_man

6 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Update on the Junior only forum :)

Taking this as a sign of significant weakness by the JFA at a time when nine 2018/19 EoS League clubs emerged with Full SFA Membership and Flood-lit grounds. This can only get worse if the JFA retreats into a defensive shell.

It will be interesting to hear what feed-back there is from Junior clubs following tomorrow's Junior AGM at Perth, which is no longer within the area covered by the SJFA.

I hope that those Junior clubs which have been seriously considering their futures will have seen and heard enough, now, to move into the Pyramid. We shall see!

Holy lumping moley...junior "trolls" in the junior section of a forum ?In a topic that you started when your club played in the juniors ? The cheek of them ! The upstarts !

Listen,...the guy seems to have started a page, forum, website, or whatever for himself & his chums and is doing no harm to anyone else. It's not exactly life or death. Why the constant nit-picking about something you clearly feel is beneath you ?

Maybe just leave him be (at least for a wee while) and return to your lofty perch to preen your superior feathers, eh ?

You were right to start this kind of discussion and I'm glad you did but some of the contributors are getting a bit triumphalist now.

Have a nice weekend folks,..it's only fitba.

Holy lumping moley...junior "trolls" in the junior section of a forum ?In a topic that you started when your club played in the juniors ? The cheek of them ! The upstarts !
Listen,...the guy seems to have started a page, forum, website, or whatever for himself & his chums and is doing no harm to anyone else. It's not exactly life or death. Why the constant nit-picking about something you clearly feel is beneath you ?
Maybe just leave him be (at least for a wee while) and return to your lofty perch to preen your superior feathers, eh ?
You were right to start this kind of discussion and I'm glad you did but some of the contributors are getting a bit triumphalist now.
Talking of trolls [emoji23]

7 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

You are right but, as you say, it's only football so why keep the divisions within Scottish football, especially the "us against them" approach from the SJFA?

People do seem to forget where the whole east and west juniors are in tier 6 2019/2020 came from.

Certainly TJ and co peddled it.

But without digging through all my paperwork it was to all purposes a "done deal"

The problem with said done deal was it was done by the wrong people and needed ratification by those who had a fully reasonable argument and in the end power to stop it.

My problem was that the done deal that was never a done deal stood up for more than half of last season.

I still say the eos is culpable of not raising its objections vociferously enough early in the day. The LL which then backed the eos position did never object at anytime.

If the juniors in tier 6 proposal had been thrown out in September when it should probably have been then we probably would have had something else on the table long before now.

Imo that would have been an agreed merger of the eos and ersjfa with a boundary shift to include tayside. Lochee being phased into the premier league.

A great opportunity to have 4 conferences with all of the other clubs on level footing to further develop said organisation into future tiers.

I think it is fairly safe for me to say the tayside teams would have agreed to this.

The west get started and the north do the nothing which is what they want.

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

People do seem to forget where the whole east and west juniors are in tier 6 2019/2020 came from.
Certainly TJ and co peddled it.
But without digging through all my paperwork it was to all purposes a "done deal"
The problem with said done deal was it was done by the wrong people and needed ratification by those who had a fully reasonable argument and in the end power to stop it.
My problem was that the done deal that was never a done deal stood up for more than half of last season.
I still say the eos is culpable of not raising its objections vociferously enough early in the day. The LL which then backed the eos position did never object at anytime.
If the juniors in tier 6 proposal had been thrown out in September when it should probably have been then we probably would have had something else on the table long before now.
Imo that would have been an agreed merger of the eos and ersjfa with a boundary shift to include tayside. Lochee being phased into the premier league.
A great opportunity to have 4 conferences with all of the other clubs on level footing. I think it is fairly safe for me to say the tayside teams would have agreed to this.
The west get started and the north do the nothing which is what they want.

The EoS have been consistent in their stance on this issue with regards to ERJFA, indeed when Maxwell and Petrie attended an EoS meeting in August they were told that having 2 competing leagues in the east was unacceptable.  That was clearly ignored as they sought to push it through, and TJ (and others) kept up the "done deal" BS.

The EoS have been consistent in their stance on this issue with regards to ERJFA, indeed when Maxwell and Petrie attended an EoS meeting in August they were told that having 2 competing leagues in the east was unacceptable.  That was clearly ignored as they sought to push it through, and TJ (and others) kept up the "done deal" BS.

The voting thing that finally killed the plan. Why could that not have been done back then ?Kinda lost track of what prompted that.

Do you agree my plan would have been a acceptable back then ?

13 minutes ago, superbigal said:

...Imo that would have been an agreed merger of the eos and ersjfa with a boundary shift to include tayside....

...or Tom Johnston played everybody on this by getting an inexperienced CEO who didn't understand the limits of his role yet to push an agenda that the EoS and LL were always going to ultimately block. End result SJFA still doing its own thing and he still gets a regular pay cheque. If the associate membership thing had been more restrictive he could have said, "look they don't even want us", and it probably would have looked reasonable to most SJFA members. They could have retreated back into a juniorfitba forum cocoon and lived happily ever after at that point. Think the SFA Board are very much wise to him now after meeting directly with the ex-junior EoS clubs and hearing their perspective and the timing of yesterday's new full memberships and Bonnyrigg's promotion makes it very difficult for the SJFA blazers to spin that narrative. 

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Just now, superbigal said:
6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The voting thing that finally killed the plan. Why could that not have been done back then ?

Because the SFA didn't ask for it before then.  Why the need for a vote when the EoS are already saying it's members don't want a competitng league, all the vote did was confirm that view, comprehensively.