Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Just now, superbigal said:

Would the pair of you agree to the plan of mine if presented last August?

I thought the east and west superleagues should have been in at tier 6 and was disappointed that there was no such thing as a "board directive" in the SFA constitution to break the logjam. Unless Tom Johnston is a drooling moron (and he clearly isn't to have reached where he has and stay there) he must have been aware that it wasn't a done deal, because he has been involved with the SFA at a high level for a long time.

5 minutes ago, superbigal said:

The voting thing that finally killed the plan. Why could that not have been done back then ?Kinda lost track of what prompted that.

Do you agree my plan would have been a acceptable back then ?

The EoS were fine with Tayside and West leagues dating all the way back to the resumption of the PWG. It was everyone else that kept pushing the idea of East Region as is

image.thumb.png.fa13d9065dd495a00fc443dec13932d6.png

Full merger with more weeding of tiers via conferences.
I reckon the loss of another season makes this more unlikely.
Merger of EoS and ERJFA is probably the only way this will be resolved other than the SJFA remaining seperate outside the Pyramid.

Remember the EoS initiated a meeting a few months back. Whether that will develop who knows.

5 hours ago, superbigal said:

People do seem to forget where the whole east and west juniors are in tier 6 2019/2020 came from.

Certainly TJ and co peddled it.

But without digging through all my paperwork it was to all purposes a "done deal"

The problem with said done deal was it was done by the wrong people and needed ratification by those who had a fully reasonable argument and in the end power to stop it.

My problem was that the done deal that was never a done deal stood up for more than half of last season.

I still say the eos is culpable of not raising its objections vociferously enough early in the day. The LL which then backed the eos position did never object at anytime.

If the juniors in tier 6 proposal had been thrown out in September when it should probably have been then we probably would have had something else on the table long before now.

Imo that would have been an agreed merger of the eos and ersjfa with a boundary shift to include tayside. Lochee being phased into the premier league.

A great opportunity to have 4 conferences with all of the other clubs on level footing to further develop said organisation into future tiers.

I think it is fairly safe for me to say the tayside teams would have agreed to this.

The west get started and the north do the nothing which is what they want.

I fully agree that a merger between the EOS and ERJFA is desirable, but a boundary shift is simply outwith the scope of the PWG. It's the PGB who have to agree with this, including the SPFL. With Lochee as my local team, I definitely want a solution for all clubs, including the Tayside ones. But geographically, having the boundary any further north makes no sense. I think there should be a merger between south of Tay ERJFA & EOS, just like there should be one between north of Tay ERJFA & NRJFA. From here to north region clubs are generally shorter trips anyway than to West Lothian, especially now the roads around Aberdeen have improved.

Edited by Marten

Full merger with more weeding of tiers via conferences.
I reckon the loss of another season makes this more unlikely.
Have you attended an eos AGM superbigal? From your posts it would appear you haven't. As has been pointed out numerous times the eos have voiced there concerns and rejections at every juncture to the ersjfa joining the pyramid.

They had no concerns about the west or North as it didn't impact on their league.

They, despite how you have worded it, did not wait until 2019 to voice their concerns officially, despite what you or others wish to say. They have done this from the outset.

I'm not sure exactly what your end game is in trying to suggest they waited, maybe to apportion some form of blame unto them? I don't know.

What I do know is TJ has failed his clubs, particularly the west. The SFA showed a complete lack of understanding of their own rules, constitution and footballing set up and the eos quote rightly stood by their principles. And we are now 1 year on and no further forward.

On 15/06/2019 at 15:56, San Starko Rover said:

The boundary should definitely not be moved further north as it’s too great an inbalance. Dundee teams should be Highland League feeders and merge with North Caledonian and Northern Junior leagues to form NOS.

Agreed, no need to shift the Highland/Lowland boundary, as the East Region Juniors (north of the Tay), and  North Region Juniors, should merge as one Highland feeder league, with regionalised divisions. The North Caledonian League should become a 2nd Highland feeder league, separate from the merged juniors, as it represents a totally different/vast Scottish region.For travelling and financial reasons, no Junior clubs would wish to play in a league with teams from the North & West Highlands, nor do any of them currently do so. Similarly, no North Caley clubs, are located in the 2 regions populated by the juniors, and the NCL clubs have already signalled their pyramid interest, albeit as a separate feeder league, should a north Highland pyramid be established.

A play-off between the 2 champion (licensed) clubs, would be required to decide who would be promoted. 

Establishing a north pyramid would therefor provide a 'bolt hole' for any HFL clubs relegated in the future  (eg HFL club 17 ?), and may give an incentive to clubs to challenge for promotion. However, it has to be recognised that these feeder leagues would 'take time to bed in' , as the current number of SFA Member clubs, in these regions is :

NRJFA  1,  ERJFA 0,  NCL 1. 

Establishing the pyramid structure below the HFL, is needed.  It is then up to the clubs themselves to take up the challenge of reaching Tier 5, or remaining where they are.

NB The standard of play, its' competitiveness, and the organisation of the NCL has improved considerably over the last 5 years or so.  It now has 10 member clubs, and 2 others that play in some of the NCL cup competitions (only).

On 18/06/2019 at 11:53, G4Mac said:

It will only increase the numbers in the lower division(s). Nothing out of the ordinary I'd suspect.

Have I missed the agreed structure for the East Region Juniors for 2019/20 ?   How has the addition of 4 new clubs and the withdrawal of Kinnoull to the EoSL,  affected the allocation of clubs in the  lower North & South Divisions ?   It's July on Monday : doesn't anybody know ?

Edited by Robert James
additional question added

53 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Have I missed the agreed structure for the East Region Juniors for 2019/20 ?   How has the addition of 4 new clubs and the withdrawal of Kinnoull to the EoSL,  affected the allocation of clubs in the  lower North & South Divisions ?   It's July on Monday : doesn't anybody know ?

It was announced at the agm. The fixtures are even out. Its North Super league and South SUper league. Its leagues of 10 for the south and 10 and 8 for the north

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/06/2019 at 22:23, AlanCamelonfan said:

It was announced at the agm. The fixtures are even out. Its North Super league and South SUper league. Its leagues of 10 for the south and 10 and 8 for the north

Appreciated thank you. I had missed them. 

On 15/06/2019 at 15:56, San Starko Rover said:

Dundee teams should be Highland League feeders and merge with North Caledonian and Northern Junior leagues to form NOS.

Never going to happen, nobody wants it.

Definitely against any sort of pyramid entry. If Talbot are interest in this they will regret it. Joining the pyramid will mean any Junior club will lose their magic; what makes them tic, they will just become another run of the mill Scottish side. The Junior game should not be included in any such promotion system