Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

The SPFL have 0 involvment in the pyramid working group so they don't get a say on the matter. SPFL is only on the professional game body which has main function of setting terms of promotion/relegation between SPFL2 & HL/LL plus the geographic boundry of HL & LL.

Didn’t know that cheers

In terms of that; you would imagine there would be very little movement in terms of junior sides being promoted as you would not have one junior side being promoted from all three premiership divisions; and they would then need to win a playoff final against the lowland side

1 minute ago, KRRAdamslie said:

That makes sense. I’m still not completely comfortable with the idea but if the clubs are in favour of it I will be as well. A playoff system between the East, South and West which would lead to a playoff final between the winner and the lowest places lowland club side could work.

There is no play-off with a Lowland side, they are relegated to be replaced by (currently) the winner of the EoS/SoS play-off).

There is no play-off with a Lowland side, they are relegated to be replaced by (currently) the winner of the EoS/SoS play-off).

In that case there may not need to be any such playoff between the junior sides as all three premiership winners would gain promotion to the lowland league

Just now, KRRAdamslie said:

In that case there may not need to be any such playoff between the junior sides as all three premiership winners would gain promotion to the lowland league

There won't be Junior sides in the Pyramid.  The East of Scotland and South of Scotland are Senior leagues, not Junior.

We won't know what will happen until some form of West League joins the Pyramid.

There won't be Junior sides in the Pyramid.  The East of Scotland and South of Scotland are Senior leagues, not Junior.
We won't know what will happen until some form of West League joins the Pyramid.

The west will join the league when Talbot are fully behind the concept. If Talbot are in favour the league will back them

The west will join the league when Talbot are fully behind the concept. If Talbot are in favour the league will back them

How much do you know of what has gone on these last 12 months?

24 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You said no way would SPFL clubs vote for relegation, that already  happened about 5 years ago.

There wont be Junior teams if you join up with the Pyramid.

Any new West League would play-off with the East of Scotland and South of Scotland Leagues for promotion to LL, although chances are the Lowland League would relegate 2 or perhaps 3 clubs eventually.

As far as I remember is that all the West Junior  clubs voted to go to the seniors and didn't happen this year, so I'm sure a few were peeved off but that's not stopping any team from joining the seniors on their own either to the EOS or the SOS and try and get promoted then and if a year after that they don't get promoted and a new West senior league is formed then the team can leave either the EOS or SOS and join the West of Scotland Senior league.

The choices are

either stay at Juniors

or

Wait for a West league to form and join  all together

or
Apply individually to become a senior team in the South of Scotland league or the West of Scotland League.

I think there were a few teams to join the senior ranks, (EOS) this year but I haven't checked who they are.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

As far as I remember is that all the West Junior  clubs voted to go to the seniors and didn't happen this year, so I'm sure a few were peeved off but that's not stopping any team from joining the seniors on their own either to the EOS or the SOS and try and get promoted then and if a year after that they don't get promoted and a new West senior league is formed then the team can leave either the EOS or SOS and join the West of Scotland Senior league.
The choices are
either stay at Juniors
or
or
Apply individually to become a senior team in the South of Scotland league or the West of Scotland League

Think so mate

Just now, Bestsinceslicebread said:

The choices are

either stay at Juniors

or

or
Apply individually to become a senior team in the South of Scotland league or the West of Scotland League

Alternatively, a new West of Scotland Football League is established this year, and applications invited for season 2020-2021.

The WRJFA could have been in for this season, but that was blocked for some reason.  The LL, EoS and SoS had no objections to the West coming in.

There is no guarantee that the WJRFA will enter intact for 20-21, and as others have said, it may be better to replicate the East and start a new league and provide clubs with a choice, stay Junior or join the Pyramid.

Only other worry would be around how clubs are going to finance club licensing. Many clubs would struggle to do such a thing; which is probably why around 50 clubs weren’t in favour of the move

As I said earlier, you don't need to be Licenced if you don't want to.  Plenty clubs in the EoS are not Licenced.

13 minutes ago, KRRAdamslie said:

Only other worry would be around how clubs are going to finance club licensing. Many clubs would struggle to do such a thing; which is probably why around 50 clubs weren’t in favour of the move

That's just evolution.
I'm sure every and any club considering going to the seniors MUST have a business plan covering every eventuality.

If not, id say hell mend them.  They should always have a business/future plan in whatever level of football they paly anyways.

|If all the West teams joined as one, most wouldn't be changing positions of their leagues, they would be at the level they should be at so there wouldn't be that huge a cost to what they are paying now, only if they have to fork out for floodlights etc... but that would be expected to be in their planning if they want to grow.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

That's just evolution.
I'm sure every and any club considering going to the seniors MUST have a business plan covering every eventuality.

If not, id say hell mend them.  They should always have a business/future plan in whatever level of football they paly anyways.

|If all the West teams joined as one, most wouldn't be changing positions of their leagues, they would be at the level they should be at so there wouldn't be that huge a coast to what they are paying now, only if they have to fork out for floodlights etc... but that would be expected to be in their planning if they want to grow.

Agreed mate. Interesting to see how things shape up

I dont really think its a measure of any leagues ‘magic’ etc when you think that one club will decide what happens. I couldnt give a stuff what Talbot fans want and im sure they feel the same about other clubs. That said it’s their club but away and have a word with yourself if you think everyone’s waiting for Talbot. Any club waiting for another club to decide is absolutely devoid of any ambition.

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I dont really think its a measure of any leagues ‘magic’ etc when you think that one club will decide what happens. I couldnt give a stuff what Talbot fans want and im sure they feel the same about other clubs. That said it’s their club but away and have a word with yourself if you think everyone’s waiting for Talbot. Any club waiting for another club to decide is absolutely devoid of any ambition.

Suppose that's most likely to happen when two clubs have a fairly symbiotic relationship with each other  - it happened the season before last when Linlthgow Rose and Bo'ness United were seemingly playing chicken with each other waiting for the other to blink first and go EoS.

But yeah, once one or two sides show their hand the domino effect will happen just like it did in the East - and it needn't necessarily be one of the big ones either - wasn't it little "mediocre" Dalkeith who set the ball rolling over there?

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

When we were moving we were one of the original 11 to go. But I remember their was people saying we should wait and see what Lithgae and Bo'ness do.