Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Just now, Killiepiyo said:

Would be nice to some sort of evidence that either is inaccurate

It would be nice to see some sort of evidence that either is accurate.  The Chairman of the LL tweeted;

Jan 31    It’s amazing how good some people are at creative writing

Not hard to guess what he is referring to.

Then you have;

"Following the decision of the Lowland League & East of Scotland League not to support the recommendations of the Pyramid Working Group"

Can you tell me what that actually means, what recommendation and who recommended it?

Just now, Burnie_man said:

It would be nice to see some sort of evidence that either is accurate.  The Chairman of the LL tweeted;

Jan 31    It’s amazing how good some people are at creative writing

Not hard to guess what he is referring to.

Then you have;

"Following the decision of the Lowland League & East of Scotland League not to support the recommendations of the Pyramid Working Group"

Can you tell me what that actually means, what recommendation and who recommended it?

So speculation he's tweeting about that? Imagine it would be fairly easy for them to say what they did and didn't support.

14 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Would be nice to see some sort of evidence that either is inaccurate

6 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

So speculation he's tweeting about that? Imagine it would be fairly easy for them to say what they did and didn't support.

Four west region committee men of four different west region teams at the recent meeting stated to me that they were told by a member of the west region association that the west region was going to go with Option Z if they back it as  the Lowland league were one of the associations who backed this option, (Option Z). This is utter lies to get these four men of four different west region clubs to go with option Z and then to misrepresent those clubs under false information.  I have spoken to one today and he confirmed this is true

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Just now, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Four west region committee men of four different west region teams at the recent meeting stated to me that they were told by a member of the west region association that the west region was going to go with Option Z if they back it as  the Lowland league were one of the associations who backed this option, (Option Z). This is utter lies to get these four men of four different west region clubs to go with option Z and then to misrepresent those clubs under false information.  I have spoke to one today and he confirmed this is true

I'm not doubting you spoke to one person I'm saying it's not a hard thing for them to confirm if there was indeed misrepresentation. 

5 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

If it's all TJ and Talbot lies i'm more than sure they'd would be chomping to show them up? For the liars they are? Unless of course what TJ and Talbot are saying is the truth>?

Well its not Talbot's lies. Are either Tom Johnston or Iain McQueen Auchinleck Talbot representatives? I don't believe they are and they were the only two SJFA representatives at the PWG.

2 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

If it's all TJ and Talbot lies i'm more than sure they'd would be chomping to show them up? For the liars they are? Unless of course what TJ and Talbot are saying is the truth>?

It doesn't really matter much at this point how the impasse in the negotiations was reached. What is important is that the SFA have now ended the PWG meetings. What's important for people to grasp is that now that the SFA have done that there is zero chance of the SJFA having any role within the pyramid. The LL and the EoS won't agree to it and the SFA board won't do anything to force them to because there's nothing in their constitution that enables them to.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Well its not Talbot's lies. Are either Tom Johnston or Iain McQueen Auchinleck Talbot representatives? I don't believe they are and they were the only two SJFA representatives at the PWG.

They represent the association, Big claims require big evidence and to call people liars, I'd like to see some evidence as that is shocking if true. Otherwise it's just speculation i heard this blah blah stuff 

13 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Although the Fraser tweet is believable it isn't actually evidence though.

There is no "evidence" though because there are no official minutes, so you choose who to believe.

I'm still waiting on this PWG recommendation that apparently the LL and EoS (as part of the PWG) are supposed to have turned down.

13 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Alternatively, as the Chairman of a club with its biggest ever game this weekend, and the elected head of a league looking to help progress the pyramid, George has decided to ignore pointless arguments and fallout in public.

There is no way that he uttered the words that TJ has claimed. I can guarantee you that personally.

14 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

I'm not doubting you spoke to one person I'm saying it's not a hard thing for them to confirm if there was indeed misrepresentation. 

Auch gee me a break.

When after the meeting was finished later that day I spoke with a few of them, one face to face, one on a call and the others the same. They all said the same thing.
I didn't stand in a huddle with these four men as they all said the same thing lol, I spoke to them all separately, two face to face and two on phone calls
They were told by a west region management official that best to go with Option Z as they have been backed by Lowland league on the option Z route, ffs, how more blatant do you want it.  There is only two reasons you wont believe me, is either you think I'm a liar,making up these four men or your too blinked for your love of your own team to see the truth.

Jesus, I used to support Benburb but if I was still a supporter and they made statements that I knew wasn't true, id call the person out for making the statement and tarnishing my teams name.

For me, I will never understand why minutes were not taken of the meeting, just sounds so dodgy that anything can be misrepresented and you wouldn't know

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

1 minute ago, Born To Run said:

Alternatively, as the Chairman of a club with its biggest ever game this weekend, and the elected head of a league looking to help progress the pyramid, George has decided to ignore pointless arguments and fallout in public.

There is no way that he uttered the words that TJ has claimed. I can guarantee you that personally.

Or avoiding getting hassle for his veto?

It's not clear that the sosl actually did that. It's only the ll and eosl that are consistently stated by people on both sides of the argument as having said no to the SJFA (no idea why some people still can't grasp that this is different from the west region entering alone) becoming involved with the pyramid and entering fully intact.

Stop pinocchio please before you cant turn your head in any direction.

Not one association has said no to the sjfa. Lets try and rationalise your lies and bollocks:

- Sjfa get an 'all in' mandate from their clubs

- North region don't want involved (end of original mandate)

- Sjfa begin to progress talks for east region and west region (conveniently dropping the north like a hot tattie)

- Sjfa state they have a directive from sfa for tier 6 entry (turns out to be a guide for the sjfa to hold a meeting with other pyramid member associations)

- Numerous pwg meetings held, nothing agreed, no consensus reached, sjfa still looking to get their clubs in regardless of the impact on other leagues. Eos and LL vote unanimously against having another east feeder at tier 6. Happy with a west, even offer to set one up. Taj purports that the eos and LL dont want the juniors in and have blocked any deal.

- North juniors conveniently now want into the pyramid....now it's back to an all in mandate.

- Sjfa ask clubs what option they prefer, option a is the choice. Clubs misinformed. Essentially laughed out the room. Pwg disbanded.

- Taj states clearly the pwg is still functioning and suggests that the LL and eos dont want the juniors and dont like them.

Not sure if I've missed anything but for me the eos and LL were right to reject another east league within the structure at tier 6. It made no sense, makes no sense and would never make any sense (taj knows this and is playing on it to keep what he has). They have though, always supported a west league, offering to help set one up.

The sjfa is all together when it suits and is easily separated when it doesn't.

Lurker please stop your nonsense.

Just now, Killiepiyo said:

Or avoiding getting hassle for his veto?

There was no “veto”.

The SJFA put forward a suggestion, the LL put forward an alternative. That was the whole point of the PWG - to provide a place for the relevant parties to talk and negotiate.

The only promise that I’ve seen was TJ assuring member clubs that it was essentially a done deal, despite not knowing if the others would agree.

It doesn't really matter much at this point how the impasse in the negotiations was reached. What is important is that the SFA have now ended the PWG meetings. What's important for people to grasp is that now that the SFA have done that there is zero chance of the SJFA having any role within the pyramid. The LL and the EoS won't agree to it and the SFA board won't do anything to force them to because there's nothing in their constitution that enables them to.

It really does matter how the impasse was reached though.....

2 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Auch gee me a break.

When after the meeting was finished later that day I spoke with a few of them, one face to face, one on a call and the others the same. They all said the same thing.
I didn't stand in a huddle with these four men as they all said the same thing lol, I spoke to them all separately, two face to face and two on phone calls
They were told by a west region management official that best to go with Option Z as they have been backed by Lowland league on the option Z route, ffs, how more blatant do you want it.  There is only two reasons you wont believe me, is either you think I'm a liar,making up these four men or your too blinked for your love of your own team to see the truth.

Jesus, I used to support Benburb but if I was still a supporter and they made statements that I knew wasn't true, id call the person out for making the statement and tarnishing my teams name.

Taking my questioning a tad personal pal, not my intention. I'm just asking for some evidence outwith i heard this or that as there is very serious implications if folk are lying

Well Kilwinning seem to be believe what was written on here...

Funny reading a comment on Auchinleck's facebook - "The two clubs who have put their heads above the parapet so far are serious under achievers at our level" - I do recall similar things being said when Dalkeith etc made public their intention to move two years ago.

Screenshot_2020-02-03 (13) Kilwinning Rangers FC - Posts.png