Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

It's a club statement, not my own and had no part in it's formation. Those who know me personally are aware of my thoughts on the whole debate and i'm reminded that just because you don't like what something is saying or it doesn't meet your confirmation bias, doesn't mean it is wrong.

1 hour ago, Killiepiyo said:

"

SCOTTISH FOOTBALL PYRAMID

Following the decision of the Lowland League & East of Scotland League not to support the recommendations of the Pyramid Working Group, for the Scottish Junior FA to Join the Pyramid System, Auchinleck Talbot FC wish to confirm that we will support the SJFA in their efforts to find a solution to this matter.

In the meantime ATFC will continue to work towards achieving Club Licensing in preparation for any possible future changes to the structure of our game, we can assure our fans that they will be kept informed at the earliest opportunity of developments, and that we will consult with them before any decision is made on the future of the club."

So do you think this will have any influence on the LL decision on whether to push towards at WOSL?

It's a club statement, not my own and had no part in it's formation. Those who know me personally are aware of my thoughts on the whole debate and i'm reminded that just because you don't like what something is saying or it doesn't meet your confirmation bias, doesn't mean it is wrong.
Appreciate its not a personal statement from you, but let's be clear, in this case what has been said is absolutely wrong and there are plenty who can point that out from a position of knowledge, not bias.

36 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

lol Killiepiyo, its like being given a piece of paper and pushed to the front of the balcony and told to read it to the masses and you just don't wanna lolololol

I think its really the wording of it that's will probably stink with a lot of people.  if Talbot are going to stick with the junior association then good for them and there is nothing wrong with that in my eyes, but for them to make up a statement that we know aint true trying to insinuate its all down to two other leagues that the juniors are not in the pyramid when we know it aint.  I think the person who made the statement up should be looked at. If I was  a fan and my club was allowed to misrepresent details knowingly not true then I would want him out of office.

I seriously wouldn't blame the SFA deciding to stop any junior club from entering the proper Scottish Cup, just on reading that statement alone

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
spelling

Think the club have showed their class, and refusing to be drawn into mud slinging on social media.
Didn't you read the part about the LL and eos without mention of the sjfa role?

Its like lurker wrote that [emoji1787]

22 minutes ago, santheman said:

From what I’ve heard today talking to various people,Talbots statement will be the first of many in a similar vein by West Region clubs

Wouldn't surprise me. I'm sure a couple of East clubs came out with statements that never moved around the time of the moves to the EoS. Tayport in particular. Admittedly some of them were meant more as fan updates on the situation over general public announcements.

And I would say the Junior identity is a lot stronger in the West.

From what I’ve heard today talking to various people,Talbots statement will be the first of many in a similar vein by West Region clubs

If they are anywhere near as factual as Talbot’s there’s no need to publish them, just have them read out on Jackanory or get Boris to stick it on a bus.

Just in case anyone doesn't get what's happening by now what they are probably referring to was the directive from the SFA board to faciltate SJFA entry. There is no solution to be had on that. The EoS and LL are opposed, and the SFA have walked away from the PWG process.

What directive?show me it please.

The LL and eos have never been opposed to sjfa entry in the north or the west. Just the east and south where there are already pyramid leagues functioning pretty well.

The sfa have walked away because the sjfa (mr tj) chose to be intransigent and refused to accept any other proposal than the one that guaranteed the juniors remaining out of the pyramid.

You are trying hard to spin this but continue to fail miserably over, and over, and over again whilst trying to sound like you know what you are talking about.

Keep going though, it has now went from frustrating to a fun read.

If this is the case (and it's a big 'if') then so be it.

Those clubs will have to accept whatever comes their way, or lack of it, thereafter.

To remain junior right now wont change a thing in terms of licensing etc. Talbot cant get licensed if they aren't in a pyramid league, that won't happen by following TJ blindly down the road into the force 5 hurricane.

38 minutes ago, santheman said:

Are they using a template from TJ and just filling in their name?   It's an exercise in shooting yourself in the foot.

I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

7 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

What directive?show me it please.

The LL and eos have never been opposed to sjfa entry in the north or the west. Just the east and south where there are already pyramid leagues functioning pretty well.

The sfa have walked away because the sjfa (mr tj) chose to be intransigent and refused to accept any other proposal than the one that guaranteed the juniors remaining out of the pyramid.

You are trying hard to spin this but continue to fail miserably over, and over, and over again whilst trying to sound like you know what you are talking about.

Keep going though, it has now went from frustrating to a fun read.

The only person that ever uses the "SFA directive" line is TJ. In April 2018 when the moratorium on licensing was imposed and the SJFA were saying they were guaranteed entry at Tier 6 at a "minimum". The SFA actually came out with clarification email as they were obviously being chased for a comment by their members of all these guarantees the SJFA supposedly been given.

There's no mention of a directive in it.

image.thumb.png.2d24992af9c632ffac0d8baf274b7103.png