Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The best thing to do is read the constitutions involved, if you want to find out what leagues can and can't do. If the SFA see no need for further PWG meetings that could be interpreted as a green light for something like this. The reason Tom Johnston wants to talk up the idea that the PWG might still reactivate is that he has no role in any of this and zero prospect of ever being involved inide the pyramid once the LL take the initiative on starting a WoS. Seems to me the SFA only has to be involved at the point it gets spun off from the LL as a separate league with its own officeholders.

Given the SFA need to provide services such as registrations and discipline for this league, referees and also agree to the change in play-off procedures, then I think they'll need to give the nod for it to become a tier 6 league.  As I said, perhaps it's just a formality.

37 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Good to hear. Doesn't really matter who they are. Chances are the Lowland League will just put out an advert and they apply. Leaves people guessing if things some how fall through.

Nice that it's meant to be all Premiership teams though. Really forces the issue to make everyone consider what they're going to do.

True but until they confirm it, it's only one poster saying it's reality. This has been the problem here. Smoke and mirrors.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Given the SFA need to provide services such as registrations and discipline for this league, referees and also agree to the change in play-off procedures, then I think they'll need to give the nod for it to become a tier 6 league.  As I said, perhaps it's just a formality.

The playoff procedure rules are worth a read as I tried to explain many pages back. That's the only part that moves beyond what should be a formality. The wording was deliberately future-proofed when it was drafted to provide the LL with lots of flexibility. If the EoS and SoS are on board with what's happening everything should be relatively straightforward as they are the ones that would need to put in an appeal in that context.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The playoff procedure rules are worth a read as I tried to explain many pages back. That's the only part that moves beyond what should be a formality. The wording was deliberately future-proofed when it was drafted to provide the LL with lots of flexibility. If the EoS and SoS are on board with what's happening everything should be relatively straightforward as they are the ones that would need to put in an appeal in that context.

I very much doubt anything was "deliberately future proofed" but I'm not getting into another debate over conspiracy theories.

The chances of the league getting off the ground look good, but it will probably require some form of agreement/nod from the SFA, that's my only point.

10 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

True but until they confirm it, it's only one poster saying it's reality. This has been the problem here. Smoke and mirrors.

I rather suspect that some clubs will be waiting until any prospective new league is formally agreed and announced before publicly confirming their involvement.  At this stage, we don't know if it will happen.

Existing constitutions don't really matter in this. It sounds like a wholly new league body. So it just needs approval from the SFA to be under their wing for disciplinary and registration.

The LL pyramid playoff also needs the SFA nod for changes, but this is something all the existing senior leagues have been asking for and we know the SFA don't rock the boat.

If it was a wholly new league the breakaway clubs would be contacting the SFA directly for sanctioning. If it is being done through the LL as appears to be the case based on what park circus is telling us then initially it will be a new division or set of division of the LL. At that point the LL constitution is very much what matters in terms of whether it can be done quickly.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If it was a wholly new league the breakaway clubs would be contacting the SFA directly for sanctioning. If it is being done through the LL as appears to be the case based on what park circus is telling us then initially it will be a new division or set of division of the LL. At that point the LL constitution is very much what matters in terms of whether it can be done quickly.

Who says its a division of the Lowland League? David was and maybe still is the Secretary for both the LL & EOS. Doesn't make the EoS a division of the Lowland. Caledonian Braves in the LL & SOS have a say in running both leagues. Same some what with Stirling Uni in the East.

Just because people from the Lowland League are setting it up, it's still independent of it.

9 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

We don't know how it will be set-up.  We don't even know if it will be set-up.  The LL may offer to set it up and run it, or they may just be offering logistical support to the clubs who have shown interest. They may even go for LL2 instead, or a LL2 West.  At this point it is all just speculation.

An actual LL2 West would be an easier move to make.  It adds another level to the LL, and in the next 12-24 months they could then decide whether to implement a LL2 East, or hive off LL2W into an independent WoSFL.  We'll see.

Rossvale are now covering all bases. an excellent first team management and committee and academy structure working together and they all know how important a good youth set up structure  is.  They all work together and its the best collaboration I've been at with an academy. Each academy and first teams need the right people involved with the same vision and then knit them together as one unit so that everyone right down to mini kickers are working with the same goal. making it fun for the kids and letting them know that there is a solid pathway there for those good enough or want to take their football to a higher level.

Very similar at gartcairn with some exciting plans for seating etc booked in for the summer

51 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I rather suspect that some clubs will be waiting until any prospective new league is formally agreed and announced before publicly confirming their involvement.  At this stage, we don't know if it will happen.

Yes but the whole thing has been a "wait and see who else goes first" exercise. Good on those who have stated their position instead of furtively making phone calls (assuming the previous poster wasn't just plucking five clubs out of the air).

Edited by jimbaxters

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

A reminder of what we are discussing before this veers any further off track.

A reminder that what appears to be your endless examination of the minutiae of every last piece of procedural documentation you can find has added absolutely nothing to anyone's understanding of the matter, has more often than not been completely wide of the mark and has served to merely further muddy already dingy waters. A little bit of self awareness on your part would be a good thing.

7 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Yes but the whole thing has been a "wait and see who else goes first" exercise. Good on those who have stated their position instead of furtively making phone calls (assuming the previous poster wasn't just plucking five clubs out of the air).

Nobody has gone anywhere yet, and clubs are right to speak to the LL to establish what the situation is, and register an interest without making it public.

Just now, jimbaxters said:

Supporters aren't part of this equation then?

No idea, I have nothing to do with how these clubs are run.  Maybe you should ask your committee if you want to know if the Bot have registered an interest.

However, at this point there is nothing to tell anyone.