Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Prediction with zero inside info: the entire existing West Region will be inside the Senior pyramid as a West of Scotland Football League, levels 6-9 from next season.

Outside chance. I think a repeat of the East Region exodus is more likely. Too many involved are still massively in denial of the obvious.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

Outside chance. I think a repeat of the East Region exodus is more likely. Too many involved are still massively in denial of the obvious.

All it takes is some leadership now that the air has cleared somewhat in the committee room. Kennie Young is clearly a very competent fixtures secretary and rather than start-ups, the best scenario to me would seem to be to port everything over. West Region adjusts its consitution slightly - it already is effectively an FA and already runs leagues, cups, discipline the lot.

As I say, a common sense approach would be that and that (IMO) is what should be pushed for.

But you could be right! What would remain though...? Rump regions clinging onto what exactly? The Junior Cup quarters this past few seasons have been like bad WoS Cup editions. It will only get worse.

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

All it takes is some leadership now that the air has cleared somewhat in the committee room. Kennie Young is clearly a very competent fixtures secretary and rather than start-ups, the best scenario to me would seem to be to port everything over. West Region adjusts its consitution slightly - it already is effectively an FA and already runs leagues, cups, discipline the lot.

As I say, a common sense approach would be that and that (IMO) is what should be pushed for.

But you could be right! What would remain though...? Rump regions clinging onto what exactly? The Junior Cup quarters this past few seasons have been like bad WoS Cup editions. It will only get worse.

Can a club not just put it on the agenda for the next quarterly meeting or even a egm? There are probably clubs that would rather still have the district leagues, but they lost that vote. Some would rather have the Central and Ayrshire Cups instead of the Sectional League Cups but they didn't get what they wanted.

Surely they would rather be 63 clubs together. Rather than split between Junior/Senior.

At the very least all the clubs that want to breakaway could be identified even if they lost the vote. Then go organise something amongst themselves.

All this talk is getting nowhere leaving to those in power is like asking turkeys to vote for christmas so the clubs need to force the hand and move into a wosl this alone will force those sitting on the fence to make a decision one way or another ..

24 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Can a club not just put it on the agenda for the next quarterly meeting or even a egm? There are probably clubs that would rather still have the district leagues, but they lost that vote. Some would rather have the Central and Ayrshire Cups instead of the Sectional League Cups but they didn't get what they wanted.

Surely they would rather be 63 clubs together. Rather than split between Junior/Senior.

At the very least all the clubs that want to breakaway could be identified even if they lost the vote. Then go organise something amongst themselves.

Surely they would rather be 63 clubs together. Rather than split between Junior/Senior. - But why? 
The clubs who want to stay district junior are thinking of themselves and any club that wants to go senior are thinking of themselves and quite rightly so.  There are clubs who wanted to move senior but decided to stay due to many factors by also the junior association’s advice that there will be pyramid moves, it hasn't happened so I don't think those clubs will want to wait any longer. 

(At the very least all the clubs that want to breakaway could be identified even if they lost the vote. Then go organise something amongst themselves)   No matter what, there will always be clubs who don't want to join the senior ranks and that's up to them but I can see clubs with vision don't want to wait on them trying to get all 63 clubs to agree.  All it needs is 10 clubs to apply to join a new WOS league and that's it, more will join the season after, and the season after until it’s just left with the basic district ones so they will either decide to stay where they are or join the district WOS.

I want the best for Scottish football, including the youth football and it needs revamped and personally if all the west clubs joined a new WOS league then I think this would be tremendous for football and youth football but there are clearly teams with committees with no vision, (not a bad thing it’s just the way they are), there are clubs who want to just go with the flow and then there are clubs who have vision.  I don't know any club that joined the EOS stating it was a bad idea and that it has worked out well and I'm sure there are East Region teams who wished they had done the same now but then there are teams in the \East region juniors who are quite happy where they are

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

3 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Surely they would rather be 63 clubs together. Rather than split between Junior/Senior. - But why?  

The clubs who want to stay district junior are thinking of themselves and any club that wants to go senior are thinking of themselves and quite rightly so.
There are clubs who wanted to move senior but decided to stay due to many factors by also the junior association’s advice that there will be pyramid moves, it hasn't happened so I don't think those clubs will want to wait any longer.  (
At the very least all the clubs that want to breakaway could be identified even if they lost the vote. Then go organise something amongst themselves)   No matter what, there will always be clubs who don't want to join the senior ranks and that's up to them but I can see clubs with vision don't want to wait on them trying to get all 63 clubs to agree.  All it needs is 10 clubs to apply to join a new WOS league and that's it, more will join the season after, and the season after until it’s just left with the basic district ones so they will either decide to stay where they are or join the district WOS.

I want the best for Scottish football, including the youth football and it needs revamped and personally if all the west clubs joined a new WOS league then I think this would be tremendous for football and youth football but there are clearly teams with committees with no vision, (not a bad thing it’s just the way they are), there are clubs who want to just go with the flow and then there are clubs who have vision.  I don't know any club that joined the EOS stating it was a bad idea and that it has worked out well and I'm sure there are East Region teams who wished they had done the same now but then there are teams in the \East region juniors who are quite happy where they are

The East Region clubs you mention, as it stands, will never play their historic rivals ever again in league football, and even cup competition is exceptionally unlikely. That should be enough incentive to realise the only course they are on is one leading to increased irrelevance. The state of those East (South) leagues should be a warning to any West Junior side deciding they'll "just stay put, thank you very much".

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Goodness me chill! We're only a few days from the last PWG which set all this in motion.There's 6 months to get any new league (WoS or LL2) off the ground.

There's stuff happening in the background that neither you or I know the details of, but it's happening.

Will it involve the SoS? Highly unlikely, but it remains an option.

BM, I hope you are right that meaningful  "stuff is happening in the background".  But currently, it is all very quiet on the west(ern) front.

Also, IMO the 'final push' needs to be completed by the end of May, so that everyone can plan accordingly for the new season. One club joining a league late in the day (eg Kinnoul) is one thing, but (say) 10 -18 clubs deciding (simultaneously)  to join an entirely new ('breakaway') league, is something else.

Also, TJ doesn't seem to agree that the PWG process is dead (?), and is no doubt planning a new strategy to prolong the 'fight'.

Yeah, right okay.
Applying to the SoSFL to trigger events that lead to a Tier 6 consisting of EoSFL, SoSFL and WoSFL. While securing clubs entry into the pyramid as a minimum = Creates more issues further down the line.
Creating a WoSFL that creates a Tier 6 consisting of EoSFL, SoSFL and WoSFL = No further issues down the line.
Don't quite see the difference there.
I'm not sure I said anything about a new wosfl consisting of teams from all 3 regions. A wosfl would only consist of teams from the west.

The fact remains that this would have been avoided if TJ didn't misguided and misrepresent his teams.

Now he has though it is wrong to try and find any way into the pyramid for west clubs. (Using the sos). A west league is less messy.

Probably correct, but not for the same reason. West likely to have a good few stay based around wanting to remain junior and not chase the pyramid. I feel that was the case with a few of the east region remainers, but the majority either bought into TJs lies of tier 5/6 as a group, or were worried about HL/LL boundary issues.

26 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Condition of entry for a wosl should be participation in an u20’s league, at tier 6 at least.

Given the excellent U19 team that Bankies have at the moment an U20s league is very important to us, but imposing this condition could possibly put teams off and actually hinder the formation of a WoSL.

Given the excellent U19 team that Bankies have at the moment an U20s league is very important to us, but imposing this condition could possibly put teams off and actually hinder the formation of a WoSL.
It won't be a requirement, although clubs would be able to apply to the Lowland U20 Development League.

As long as there is a pathway, but we need to encourage future generations and ensure the long term of clubs, development teams are an essential component.
I think in time more clubs will embrace it, but even LL teams don't have U20's, and it doesn't come free.