Football League 2017/18 season

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

A shame they never did make it 7-2 but guess maybe one day their shiny new build will do something for you in between Sky telling you it’s the greatest League in the world. :) 

I may well go to their shiny new stadium should there be a game I fancy. If there isn't, I won't. Strange concept I know but I tend to chose games on their football merits, not their tourist value.  Sky can tell me what they want. 

7 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

When was the last time that Warnock was anything other than a failure in the Premier League? 

Forest equaliser!

2-1 Forest. Bolton have shat the bed. 10 minutes to go.

Just now, senorsoupe said:

Now Burton are behind at Preston.  Looks as though they will join Barnsley in League One next year

Unless Forest equalise in the next couple of minutes in which case Barnsley will survive.

Gotta feel for Burton; they looked to have pulled off the greatest escape in a while, only to have Preston score and Bolton win. Feel quite bad for Barnsley too, but they were on a hiding to nothing, whereas Burton had safety slip through their fingers at the last second.

Mixed afternoon then. From a Boro point of view we've a slightly better record against Villa than Fulham.

I can't stand Warnock so it's a bit of a shitter he's went up though he'll fail miserably as usual in the division above. On the other hand I can't stand Clough, so happy to see him go down.

Credit to Burton for the  way they battled for survivial given their relative stature in this division.  Heartbreak for them but at the end of the day the teams around them got the job done and they didn't.  Also commiserations to Barnsley fans, replacing Yorkshire trips to Leeds and Sheffield with trips to Bradford, Doncaster, and maybe Rotherham

Archived