The bigger picture

Donathan

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kenny131 said:

I may well be, but as long as we still have a chance I will believe we can do it. A little belief never hurts anyone. Why can't this be the time we actually throw some results together. I've seen a shite NI team on paper go years without a win then same players with a little bit of belief go on to great things. You just never know what's around the corner.

Whilst I don't think that we'll win all of the last games as we need to, and I can understand why others might not think we'll do it, I do like your post. There is nothing wrong with having a bit of faith and some hope.

26 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Forameus exactley we are no pushover at Hampden and our record there is pretty good, slovakia are good team but we have beaten better teams than them at Hampden

If we win away at Lithuania it's not incredibly deluded to think we win our next to home games where we are strong,  Slovenia could be out the running come the last game. 

But we have also lost or drawn to worse teams at Hampden.  

I'm not going to jump to either end of the spectrum.  Talk of "the facts" about how we're going to do in games that haven't even happened yet is pretty ridiculous, but it is going to be an incredibly long shot that could still end in us missing out anyway.

17 hours ago, SlayerX said:

Plus, on the "bigger picture" thing: John McGinn will be in the (Insert what they're calling the top tier of Scottish football, as they change it every year) next season, Burke's club manager has promised him more starts next season, with any luck Gauld will get a move (He will stay abroad) and begin getting games under his belt, Patterson will kick on with Cardiff, Lindsey will either get a move (sorry Thistle fans) or he gets called up, no matter who he's with. Cairney will get a move to the EPL. McBurnie gets more starts for Swansea. Nicholson, Walker and Souttar (All three with Hearts) continue their improvement.

Anybody else care to contribute?

Has Sam Nicholson not moved to a club in Canada?  

10 minutes ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

Has Sam Nicholson not moved to a club in Canada?  

I don't think it was rubber-stamped yet, or at least, I hope it isn't.

I wish more of our players would move abroad (Not the USA/Canada). He reminds me of Alan Johnstone, and he should take the same move as Johnstone did and move to France.

OK. After a quick peruse, it seems like Nicholson is still with Hearts. He did fly out to have talks with MLS newcomers Minnesota United, but he hasn't signed anything. Aberdeen, Barnsley, Bristol City and Minnesota United are all interested in him, but apparently Rangers have also made an offer. If I were to guess, I'd say that he'll go to Rangers.

3 hours ago, forameus said:

While I doubt we will win all games, and that Slovakia will be a very, very tough game, I'm not sure why people seem so aggressively adamant that we won't.   

Probably stems from previous heartache. Or in viking ton's case, ongoing bellendery.

I too think we'll scrape out a good pair of September results then choke in the October fixtures. Still, I'm not throwing in the towel - this type of if-but-maybe run in to a qualifying group is now our regular equivalent to actually being at a tournament.

2 hours ago, forameus said:

But we have also lost or drawn to worse teams at Hampden.  

I'm not going to jump to either end of the spectrum.  Talk of "the facts" about how we're going to do in games that haven't even happened yet is pretty ridiculous, but it is going to be an incredibly long shot that could still end in us missing out anyway.

Yes I, m trying to blank out our feck ups Hampden lol. Let's hope this is the year we can all be happy to at least make the play offs. The team is starting to develop in my opinion and I still don't think our strongest team has started in the group. 

Everything crossed 2017 is our year

44 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

There's someting not right about you.

Which don't you agree with? That Scotland fans are eternal optimists? If we weren't, Hampden would be perpetually empty.

That optimism can be a bad thing? psychologytoday.com

Try to be a little more open minded. :)

1 minute ago, SlayerX said:

Which don't you agree with? That Scotland fans are eternal optimists? If we weren't, Hampden would be perpetually empty.

That optimism can be a bad thing? psychologytoday.com

Try to be a little more open minded. :)

You just come across as a bit weird.

1 minute ago, kenny131 said:

So you come on to post ignoring the topic, and just go for insult to a poster. That just comes across as a bit wierd

I didn't ignore it. He has been quite prominent recently accross a few threads...and he's weird.

10 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

So you come on to post ignoring the topic, and just go for insult to a poster. That just comes across as a bit wierd

Thanks, but it's alright. It's his opinion and he's entitled to it, as unsolicited as it was. ;)

Besides, I'd prefer to be thought of as weird than normal, so, I take his critique as a compliment.

:)

24 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Thanks, but it's alright. It's his opinion and he's entitled to it, as unsolicited as it was. ;)

Besides, I'd prefer to be thought of as weird than normal, so, I take his critique as a compliment.

:)

By posting, response is not really unsolicited.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

By posting, response is not really unsolicited.

Well, you did come of nowhere with it, as the post that you quoted was directed towards someone else.

And as for calling me "weird", do you know what unsolicited means? It wouldn't have been unsolicited if I had asked you directly for a critique of my character, etc.:

unsolicited
ʌnsəˈlɪsɪtɪd/
adjective

1. not asked for; given or done voluntarily.
    "unsolicited junk mail"
    synonyms: uninvited, unsought, unasked for, unrequested, undemanded, uncalled for, not required, unprompted, unbidden, unwelcome, gratuitous, volunteered, voluntary, spontaneous
    "he did not take easily to unsolicited advice"

2 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Well, you did come of nowhere with it, as the post that you quoted was directed towards someone else.

And as for calling me "weird", do you know what unsolicited means? It wouldn't have been unsolicited if I had asked you directly for a critique of my character, etc.:

unsolicited
ʌnsəˈlɪsɪtɪd/
adjective

1. not asked for; given or done voluntarily.
    "unsolicited junk mail"
    synonyms: uninvited, unsought, unasked for, unrequested, undemanded, uncalled for, not required, unprompted, unbidden, unwelcome, gratuitous, volunteered, voluntary, spontaneous
    "he did not take easily to unsolicited advice"

^^^weird.

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

^^^weird.

Words are weird? You must really freak out when you come in contact with a book, huh? Can you cross the threshold of a Library without bursting into flames? :P

Also, my post that you allegedly addressed, you didn't actually "reply" to it, or "respond" to it. You didn't even have to quote it. You could've just said, "SlayerX, there's something not right about you", or, "You know, there's something really off about you, SlayerX", or even "You know, SlayerX, I've pondered this for a while, I've been wrestling with my emotions for so long now, and now I must say it... SlayerX... I... don't think you're right in the head", In a fresh non-quoted fashion. :)

And I meant what I said about taking it as a compliment, by the way. So, once again, thank you. :)

unsolicited ʌnsəˈlɪsɪtɪd/ adjective  
  1. not asked for; given or done voluntarily. "unsolicited junk mail"
    synonyms: uninvitedunsought, unasked for, unrequested, undemanded, uncalled for, not required, unpromptedunbiddenunwelcomegratuitous, volunteered, voluntaryspontaneous "he did not take easily to unsolicited advice"

7267fe6e33948e13b16b30498a8ad25c.jpg

Archived