'Colt Clubs' & The Democratic Principle

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come up tonight and you will see. :thumsup2
It certainly is true of League 1 and 2 which would make it the majority.

When we were in the 2nd and 3rd division police still patrolled the ground at least once. Infact, is there not a requirement based on a crowd size?

Brechin stewards can't even deal with a handful of steaming Morton fans without biting them. What chance would they have against 100 chinged up green brigade wanabes.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

When we were in the 2nd and 3rd division police still patrolled the ground at least once. Infact, is there not a requirement based on a crowd size?

Brechin stewards can't even deal with a handful of steaming Morton fans without biting them. What chance would they have against 100 chinged up green brigade wanabes.

Maybe you guys were red-flagged!  Anyway, I have seen the bobbies at Balmoor a grand total of three times since Sevco left the league.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

No.   It is up to the police to make sure clubs have an adequate stewarding system in place .  

I wouldn't be too critical of other clubs' stewarding  going by Dumbarton's immaculate standards though !  :rolleyes:

That Berwick statement clears something up for me, that either I misunderstood or was misreported, regards the £2500 paid per game.  From the statement, it is actually 250 tickets purchased, that will then be distributed as they see fit (as in then resold to their own fans), so let's say those 250 fans were going anyway - all that's then happening is that those fans give their money to their colt club, who then pass it to the home club, rather than paying the home club directly at the turnstile.

That doesn't really give extra income to the home club, it only guarantees selling at least 250 tickets, and only benefits the home club if less that 250 OF colt fans turn up.

I think.

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It's a bribe and a small bribe at that.

Hope any club that signs up to this is forever shunned by the rest of Scottish football. Gutless, greedy b*****ds.

Instead of just accepting the money, any club in favour should be forced to rebrand as Celtic/Rangers B/C/D etc imo.

13 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

That Berwick statement clears something up for me, that either I misunderstood or was misreported, regards the £2500 paid per game.  From the statement, it is actually 250 tickets purchased, that will then be distributed as they see fit (as in then resold to their own fans), so let's say those 250 fans were going anyway - all that's then happening is that those fans give their money to their colt club, who then pass it to the home club, rather than paying the home club directly at the turnstile.

That doesn't really give extra income to the home club, it only guarantees selling at least 250 tickets, and only benefits the home club if less that 250 OF colt fans turn up.

I think.

You missed that the tickets will be "bought" by the colts team at less than the adult price.  Theoretically, the colts can actually make a profit from the tickets.

18 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I think.

Going by past experience in the challenge cup , that means most , if not all clubs will benefit. 

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

At Saints there are normally no police inside the ground,even at some SPL games

Dunfermline fans - it's our tri-annual meeting with the senior management, so if you have worries about the club supporting "Colt teams" get along and make sure your view is heard, I certainly will be

Good to see Jim McInally coming out and speaking against this. I understand clubs want to consult supporters before officially going against it and that's leading to a lot fence sitting esque statements but there is nothing stopping individuals getting their opinions out there.

On yerself Jim. Hopefully more follow his lead.

Here's his interview for anyone who might have missed it...

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-football/peterhead-boss-slams-colts-idea-from-old-firm-clubs-he-says-are-out-to-bully-way-in/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Anyone cynical like me to think that this has very little to do with developing young players, but instead to give the OF a justification in a few years to continue to field clubs in the SPFL once they finally move into the EFL or Atlantic League or whatever shit League they propose to end up in for their own selfish financial benefit?

Anyone cynical like me to think that this has very little to do with developing young players, but instead to give the OF a justification in a few years to continue to field clubs in the SPFL once they finally move into the EFL or Atlantic League or whatever shit League they propose to end up in for their own selfish financial benefit?

I don’t doubt it. Eventually they’d be bringing in enough cash that they could spend enough that their “colt” team ends up being better than Aberdeen and the Edinburgh clubs, so they’d be able to use it as a backdoor to the champions league

Archived