E3 2017

accies1874

It was EA's conference yesterday. Battlefront 2 looks to be taking on board the criticisms that the original got and released footage of a match on Naboo with some heroes:

There was some new stuff regarding their sports titles and a new IP from Bioware (which will be shown more of in Microsoft's conference), but the thing that really stood out was "A Way Out". A new IP that is exclusively co-op, as you break out of a prison with another inmate:

A Way Out, Sea of Thieves and Anthem all look excellent.

The xbox one x is impressive... the specs, the size of it, everything. It's even going to cost less than I had expected.

Original xbox backwards compatibility... im hoping for fifa street and crimson skies. 

The Xbox presentation was the first E3 show I've ever watched live.

£449.

Impressive hardware.

Good reel of games with little filler.

However there was nothing of note in terms of genuine exclusives, most are 'launch exclusives' i.e. timed and will go on PS4 after the contractual period.

I thought there would be a lot more games by Microsoft Studios, where are they?  Forza does nothing for me anymore (although I'm keen to try Horizons out).

I haven't had an Xbox since 360, but there's no way I'm going to sink that kind of money into a console that doesn't have anything shown beyond Spring 2018.

Bethesda taking the c**t out of gamers once again. 

MASSIVE NEWS - flogging Skyrim again this time for Switch! Also paid mods but you don't buy them with actual money this time since we realised we shit the bed with that one, so now you buy mods with credits (which you need to buy with actual monAHEM anyway moving on). So now you can pay for stuff the modding community has always done for free! Thanks for joining us for 40 minutes of insulting your intelligence, til next time folks!

New Assassin's Creed looks pretty good and this is coming from a big critic of the games, it looks fresh. It doesn't look like the same formulaic pish that has been spoon fed to gamers over the past few versions.

Can't go wrong with a new Evil Within, felt the first one was under rated at the time and forgotten because it released alongside Alien Isolation.

Overall id say the Microsoft conference was good, they actually seem to be trying hard to regain gamer confidence and for the industry as a whole that can only be a good thing. 

Some free  stuff by watching the replays at 11pm this week apparently. Think you need to watch or at least pretend to watch them live i.e not the youtube repeats.

Was really looking forward to Spider-Man but that's put a dampener on it. To be fair, I'm not really sure how you innovate a Spider-Man game in terms of gameplay, but this just looks like it was "press to win" a lot of the time. The environmental takedowns look pretty interesting though.
The amount of QTEs was a bit shit and I really didn't think it looked like it flowed. I did get a massive Uncharted vibe off the big chase ending, though I'm undecided on whether that's good or not.
The ending was just completely wanky fan service too.

God of War looks quite good and Detroit Become Human (really needs a colon) looks interesting, though it was a bit too fast-paced to really understand what was going on, especially given the lack of gameplay. Other than the massive zombie hoards, I didn't see anything different in Days Gone. As generic as generic can be.

ETA: No Last of Us Part 2 either :(

Other than Spider-Man, the two games I was interested in seeing were The Last of Us Part 2 and Death Stranding. They both would've been on Sony's conference and neither were. A disappointment for me then.

Archived