• Last Reply
4 minutes ago, The Master said:

Virgil gonna Virgil. 

3 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

That challenge from VVD :lol:

2 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

£75 million for that diddy emoji23.png

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

On second look, the pelanty call was the right one.  What was VVD doing there?

1 minute ago, killie_lad said:

Van dijk is an absolute diddy. 75 million lmfao

That can`t be correct. Good old Jamie Redknapp told us earlier the VVD had been immense.

Lol at Kane getting a 2nd chance to hit a penalty. He is average at best. Surely Spurs actually have a good penalty taker? Kane has a conversion rate of 20/26 or 77%.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/harry-kane/elfmetertore/spieler/132098

There is some good penalty data at this link which shows penalty success rate is declining.

https://www.smartbets.com/statistical-analysis/premier-league-penalty-success-rate-low/

Either goalkeepers are getting better or high profile players are demanding to take penalties to pad their goal stats despite not actually being that good at them.

13 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

That can`t be correct. Good old Jamie Redknapp told us earlier the VVD had been immense.

He had, absolutely strolled it for around 92 minutes. Always was prone to monumental lapses in concentration though, always assumed when he was up here it was because he found it too easy but apparently not.

Both penalties the correct decision according to Dermot Gallacher!!!

Still looks like Kane was offside before the ball hits Lovren!!!

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I'm flabbergasted by Dermot Gallagher expaining how Kane wasn't offside because  Lovren had a swipe at the ball.

What if Lovren put his foot on the ball and then Kane tackled him? It is a ridiculous idea that Lovren swiping at the ball is a 2nd phase or whatever bullshit.

This.

He received a pass that was initially intended for him. I'm not sure how that makes him inactive/not interfering with play/whatever.

9 minutes ago, The OP said:

He had, absolutely strolled it for around 92 minutes. Always was prone to monumental lapses in concentration though, always assumed when he was up here it was because he found it too easy but apparently not.

To be fair he had played well but as you suggest there`s always a big error just round the corner. 

2 minutes ago, Albertlegend said:

I'd say first penalty is offside regardless of whether Lovren touched it but the explanation Gallagher is giving seems to be the conversation the linesman had with the ref. 

And Kane dived still wasn't a Penalty 

Certainly the case that the assistant felt the key point was whether Lovren touched the ball or not.

12 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I'm flabbergasted by Dermot Gallagher expaining how Kane wasn't offside because  Lovren had a swipe at the ball.

What if Lovren put his foot on the ball and then Kane tackled him? It is a ridiculous idea that Lovren swiping at the ball is a 2nd phase or whatever bullshit.

I usually agree Gallagher, but that was absolute nonsense. Lovren goes for the ball as he knows Kane is in behind him. Not sure how you could argue Kane isn't active if he's influencing the decision of a defender. 

Archived