Premier League 2017-2018

this is old news, and i am clearly very slow on the uptake, but i've only just noticed this fucking abomination:

Everything's going digital these days... even the flags.

Manchester City have now announced plans to replace fan’s long-standing flags with electronic displays as the Etihad Stadium gets a digital makeover.

The club today revealed it has installed LED screens around the second tier of the stadium for the start of the new Premier League season.

The middle section of the ground is regularly decorated with flags made by fans paying homage to Blues players past and present.

Though as a result of the new screens, the club say it will no longer be possible for fans on that level to hang flags from the stand.

However in a bid to fend off a potential fan revolt, bosses say plans are in place to produce digital versions of the flags to be displayed around the ground.

Digital-Flags.jpg

....if ever i needed any justification for having nothing to do with top flight football and having just spent an afternoon in the world's most appalling uncovered seating, watching the shittest of shit third division 0-0 draws in the freezing cold, in the arse end of nowhere otherwise known as the medway towns which make alleppo look like an extraordinary architectural splendour - digital flags, digital fucking flags !

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have to assume Kompany will be gone from City in the Summer, hes absolutely dire these days

Try again...the guy has come back from a string of major injuries...not the Colossus he once was but still a great defender...and attacking threat

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Steve Walsh has to take a large portion of the blame for this season's fiasco. He failed to get key targets such as a striker and left-sided centre back, and he pissed away a lot of money instead of bargaining with less affluent clubs like Sunderland and Swansea. Koeman's tactics, however poor, can somewhat be apportioned to having a hand tied behind his back thanks to Walsh. 

So you think that Walsh alone recruited Klaasen and Vlasic? Koeman wanted Vlasic after the tie against Hadjuk Split in the Europa League. Keane was the centre-back that Koeman wanted. Don't blame Walsh for Koeman's massive f**k ups. 

Just now, Mastermind said:

He’s having a tremendous season and about to win the league.

Hes a bottle merchant when it comes to one on ones, 90% of his goals are tap ins.

Just now, Bishop Briggs said:

So you think that Walsh alone recruited Klaasen and Vlasic? Koeman wanted Vlasic after the tie against Hadjuk Split in the Europa League. Keane was the centre-back that Koeman wanted. Don't blame Walsh for Koeman's massive f**k ups. 

Koeman blatantly said that he wanted a left-sided centre back :lol: 

Vlasic occasionally looked ok, but he hasn't captured Big Sam's imagination. Klaassen looked like a good signing, but he's largely been poor, especially given that Koeman didn't know how to use him. 

Archived