Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, virginton said:

When Tony Pulis' Middlesbrough effortlessly leapfrog West Brom and Stoke at the end of the season. 

Related image

Currently 1-0 down to the worst team in the league by a country mile and sitting outside of the playoffs. Would be amazed to see Boro get promoted, but agree it would be hilarious (and unjust).

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

They would have been as well to keep Pardew and give him a crack at the championship tbh. Given the other options

Over the last few weeks, Pardew has given the impression that he was wanted to be sacked, i.e. take his severance pay and get out. 

IIRC, the Chairman and Chief Exec have been replaced recently too. West Brom are this season's Sunderland, a total shambles on and off the park. 

The raging seethe of Adrian Chiles makes their implosion even more enjoyable.

Over the last few weeks, Pardew has given the impression that he was wanted to be sacked, i.e. take his severance pay and get out.

Based on what? He was on about staying on when interviewed on Friday. Said something along the lines of hoping that he could get them promoted with 'his' team next season when/if they get relegated

1 minute ago, Twinkle said:

Based on what? He was on about staying on when interviewed on Friday. Said something along the lines of hoping that he could get them promoted with 'his' team next season when/if they get relegated

That was a change from two  weeks ago.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bournemouth-v-west-brom-alan-pardew-says-he-expected-to-be-sacked-998ldcj3r

"Alan Pardew has said that he expected to be sacked as the West Bromwich Albion manager during crisis talks with the club’s board this week."

Theres a slight difference in expecting to be sacked and wanting to be sacked though mate. Regardless, a terrible appointment which has turned out just as everyone thought it would

31 minutes ago, meanmistermustard said:

Awful manager who will be given yet another managerial job by an idiotic chairman who buys into Pardew's experience and vision. Probably a top Championship idiot as no other PL teams are left to employ the failure.

Would be a good fit at Everton. 

IIRC, the Chairman and Chief Exec have been replaced recently too. West Brom are this season's Sunderland, a total shambles on and off the park. 
The raging seethe of Adrian Chiles makes their implosion even more enjoyable.

I thought that’s been Pardew’s M.O for nearly the last ten years.

30 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Alan Pardew will be a very rich man due to being a very shite manager.

Would be interesting to know how much he's made in severance pay outs.

Several £ million at the very least. As you say, he's a very rich man after being sacked by Newcastle, Palace and West Brom.

Pardew had a 2.5 year contract at the Hawthorns. There was a reported break-clause in his contract that could have been exercised in the summer. 

As Pardew is going now, he gets an extra million quid. If he'd stayed after relegation, his salary would be halved. It seems that his got his contract paid in full.

Give it a few months and Pardew will get a new job. Southampton after Hughes is punted? That's another club in rapid decline.

6 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

You need Google the meaning of upset champ

I just look up the meaning of 'seething' and 'mess' in the dictionary instead and it takes me straight to your permaraging account on here. 

18 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Unsure where to put this. Ray Wilkins passed away today

Very sad Gman. Always listening to him on the radio going to various places. Always well spoken and liked how he was so positive about other players. 

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

That's awful, but not unexpected, news.

I met him - he was very charming and friendly.

RIP Ray.  You will be greatly missed.

Was it at a charity event by any chance?

Archived