European draws

wastecoatwilly

Just now, AmericanFan said:

Why? That's a way better draw than Gothenburg and is a winnable match.

Because I've watched Motherwell. They were bogging against Glens until a man got sent off. Glens had a pile of chances and could have been 2 or 3 up by that point.

This game has all the ingredients for a classic Scottish premature knockout. A team playing awful football, the opponent coming off a high, game is away etc. Seen this match before.

Gifts for Sevco and Motherwell - unless of course Coleraine can pull a rabbit out of the hat like they did in the last round knocking out Maribor.

Much harder for AFC going to our buddies across the water..................if the Energy Cities Cup matches are anything to go by, we'll be fine !

3 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Think it’s a decent draw for all Scottish clubs , the likes of spurs could have had it easier as a seed and it’s the sort of game english sides don’t take seriously

Agreed. Rangers should get through easily, and while it won't be easy for Aberdeen and Well, they should have a good chance to win.

1 minute ago, tarapoa said:

Gifts for Sevco and Motherwell - unless of course Coleraine can pull a rabbit out of the hat like they did in the last round knocking out Maribor.

Much harder for AFC going to our buddies across the water..................if the Energy Cities Cup matches are anything to go by, we'll be fine !

Saw someone call it the Oil Firm, which I thought was quite funny.

7 minutes ago, G51 said:

Because I've watched Motherwell. They were bogging against Glens until a man got sent off. Glens had a pile of chances and could have been 2 or 3 up by that point.

This game has all the ingredients for a classic Scottish premature knockout. A team playing awful football, the opponent coming off a high, game is away etc. Seen this match before.

Well has 3 weeks to turn the tide. Should be interesting, but I like their chances a hell of a lot better than against Gothenburg.

Just now, DAVIDB69 said:

Haven’t Northern Ireland started allowing fans back

All European Qulaifiers are to be played behind closed doors no matter what the host countries rules are. Helps to prevent the home side getting an advantage as these are all 1 legged ties.

5 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Well has 3 weeks to turn the tide. Should be interesting, but I like their chances a hell of a lot better than against Gothenburg.

Coleraine fans also fancying their chances, which tells you something.

All European Qulaifiers are to be played behind closed doors no matter what the host countries rules are. Helps to prevent the home side getting an advantage as these are all 1 legged ties.
Yep, Norwegian league games have had 200 fans allowed in, making a decent old racket to be fair, but that won't apply to the Viking-Dons match.

Guest Bob Mahelp
26 minutes ago, d31 said:

No I don't think Stavanger will be tougher than Progres. They've not been in europe for 12 years and theyve struggled in recent years. Currently 10th in the league

I agree. Progres have a better recent European pedigree that Viking.

It's a tricky tie, but Norwegian football is live on BT Sport and a few games aside the quality isn't great. Viking are 10th in the league and struggling. 

Also, we're not playing this in the middle of July. We have a few games under our belt and are improving every week. If we play to our strengths, we'll win. 

I don't think the draws are too bad tbh. If you ever get drawn against a Northern Irish/Gibraltan teams home or away you can't really complain.

The Aberdeen game is a fair bit trickier but I think they'll squeeze through. 3rd round looks far tougher but with all seeds away who knows what it'll look like in a few weeks.

Also Celtic don't get a bye. They'll be in the 3rd rround draw tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, charger29 said:

I don't think the draws are too bad tbh. If you ever get drawn against a Northern Irish/Gibraltan teams home or away you can't really complain.

The Aberdeen game is a fair bit trickier but I think they'll squeeze through. 3rd round looks far tougher but with all seeds away who knows what it'll look like in a few weeks.

Also Celtic don't get a bye. They'll be in the 3rd rround draw tomorrow.

Celtic have a 1 in 5 chance of getting a bye in the draw tomorrow

2 minutes ago, charger29 said:
12 minutes ago, G51 said:
Celtic have a 1 in 5 chance of getting a bye in the draw tomorrow

It's already been decided. Tirana and Ludgorets got the byes to the playoff round.

Fair enough then.

So that leaves Celtic with possible ties against Astana, Dundalk, Slovan Bratislava, Dinamo Tbilisi, Fola Esch, Djurgardens, Linfield, Buducnost Podgorica, Flora Tallinn and Riga if I'm reading that right, assuming all seeds progress.