Champions League 2017/18

lichtie23

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is it when players sign for man united they never improve they generally look much worse . I’m looking at Pogba and Sanchez mainly

Aswell as Lukaku, Mata, Mikyhtarian, Martial....... Seems to be a club/manager that makes player regress!

Guest DAVIDB69
Great result for Man. U.

Jose gets it right at the times he needs to.

I will give the second leg script united lead 1nil defend in depth Sevilla late equaliser out on away goals

23 minutes ago, Nastro said:

Great result for Man. U.

Jose gets it right at the times he needs to.

probably done enough to earn themselves a hiding off liverpool in the quarter finals (or do they still molest the draw at that stage to prevent same-country match-ups ?)

Having not seen sevilla, im not sure if this is a good or bad result. United will have to chase a goal, but they have been shown to be shaky at the back and if sevilla are good enough going forward they could score, and if they score 1st, then united could be in big trouble

3 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

I will give the second leg script united lead 1nil defend in depth Sevilla late equaliser out on away goals

:thumsup2

2 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

probably done enough to earn themselves a hiding off liverpool in the quarter finals (or do they still molest the draw at that stage to prevent same-country match-ups ?)

:P

Guest DAVIDB69
Having not seen sevilla, im not sure if this is a good or bad result. United will have to chase a goal, but they have been shown to be shaky at the back and if sevilla are good enough going forward they could score, and if they score 1st, then united could be in big trouble

There was a stat quoted the other week if united lead in games they win the vast majority usually with the defensive mindset

However if united go behind in games they rarely turn it round , there was a big percentage of losses.

My feeling is they lack real top level quality to take games to teams , or turn them round

11 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

Sounds good to me Herman :) 

No all in. Liverpool could even get Sevilla again.  

There was a stat quoted the other week if united lead in games they win the vast majority usually with the defensive mindset

However if united go behind in games they rarely turn it round , there was a big percentage of losses.

My feeling is they lack real top level quality to take games to teams , or turn them round

I can quite believe that, They also seem to have a lack of cutting edge sometimes. The amount of draws they have picked up over the last season and a half is unreal. If seville are set up properly, then they stand every chance of putting united out.

(After saying that, queue man united being 3-0 up in 20 minutes in the 2nd leg[emoji23])

8 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Bollocks, quality all over the place.  Just the most negative manager in football.

Mourinho ruins attacking players and improves defenders.

I wouldn't say that's happened at utd tho. Lindelof, Blind, Rojo, Bailly haven't exactly progressed or at least maintained their same standards as their previous clubs!

Archived