East Cup of (Football) Nations 2017-18

HibeeJibee

Yes was not claiming that he had come through the ranks at the club, appreciate  that  he had been at Jags, more that Billy Stark continuing to give younger players a proper chance by trusting them in big games. A large part of what attracts players of Edin's quality to the club. More in the pipeline, a real win/win for players and club. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He has played with the 18’s and 20’s development teams before making his first team debut last night hence the pathway comment.

Correct, according to what I have seen at K-Park, and surely any player released by pro-youth a year ago who plays SYFA U-19 and SPFL U-20 before graduating to 1st team can be deemed as having benefited from pathway available?

Unless there is a universally recognised timescale a player has to be at a club to be classed a pathway player?

Practically all young players who play at any decent 1st team level have been at pro-youth clubs?

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Postponed due to a "heavy pitch".

As the finals due a week on Sunday will I presume the SF will now be next midweek presume they would move it to AP if Saughton is still unplayable?

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

31st March, 3.00pm ko at New Murrayfield Park, Blackburn.

Interesting venue although they have previously played this cup final at junior ground before when Spartans played EK at Broxburn 2 years ago. Shame its on a Saturday would have popped over for a Sunday match.

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

Interesting venue although they have previously played this cup final at junior ground before when Spartans played EK at Broxburn 2 years ago. Shame its on a Saturday would have popped over for a Sunday match.

Aye we're away to Dunbar that day so it will be the Community Club guys who will no doubt staff the game. Pity not on a Sunday.

22 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

East Kilbride v (Lothian Thistle HV) TBC

now listed the following weekend - Saturday 31st March  - on LL website.

Vale are on South Challenge Cup duty.

41 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

31st March, 3.00pm ko at New Murrayfield Park, Blackburn.

I'm a bit confused here have LTHV got a bye into the final  ? 

Can't see any date/results  for the LTHV Vale semi   ? 

59 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

LTHV v Vale of Leithen in Semi-Final is apparently this Wednesday at Saughton (perhaps the tide's out...).

If LTHV win they play EK in Final a week on Saturday but Vale have a SCC tie that day.

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I think it is maybe just the way the database for the fixtures is set up on the LL website and it couldn't fit in both names. Would probably have been better putting in v Tba.

19 hours ago, gogsy said:

LTHV v Eyemouth league game switched to a midweek game then.

Looking at current listings on EOSL website - LTHV and Saughton are basically in the red zone now.

LTHV have all the Wednesdays used-up and now have a game on Easter Monday (so it'll be EK-Burntisland-Tynecastle or Eyemouth-Burntisland-Tynecastle on Sat-Mon-Wed depending what happens tomorrow)... they're also 1 round behind in King Cup with no date for their home R1 tie v Leith... Saughton itself has a game due for every Saturday & Wednesday up until the end of the season, plus LTHV v Burntisland on Easter Monday, plus Tynecastle v Kelty on Monday 16th.

22 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

LTHV v Vale of Leithen in Semi-Final this Wednesday at Saughton

Pitch inspection tomorrow morning.

Archived