The Celtic All Seasons thread

7 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Is Gamboa away? Was he a loan?

No he's still with us, under contract for another year.  Really don't understand why Rodgers doesn't rate him, he's looked good in the world cup and he didn't look all that bad when playing for Celtic so there must be something there that Brendan doesn't see

Quick rumour roundup,

1. Everton are the latest club to be linked with Kieran Tierney.  The fact that he recently signed a 6 year deal would mean the toffees will have to stump up well north of 20 million pounds, probably close to 30 I would think

2. Lille are linked with Simunovic.  He's been on the fringes lately but I still think he's a good defender.  If Lille offer 5M then Celtic should take it, otherwise keep him

9 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Quick rumour roundup,

1. Everton are the latest club to be linked with Kieran Tierney.  The fact that he recently signed a 6 year deal would mean the toffees will have to stump up well north of 20 million pounds, probably close to 30 I would think

2. Lille are linked with Simunovic.  He's been on the fringes lately but I still think he's a good defender.  If Lille offer 5M then Celtic should take it, otherwise keep him

£30m for Tierney, £40m for Dembele, £50m for boyata....

Succulent churnalism as they say...

4 hours ago, bennett said:

£30m for Tierney, £40m for Dembele, £50m for boyata....

Succulent churnalism as they say...

30M for Tierney  is more realistic than 6M for Morelos....

Edited by senorsoupe

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

How has Jack Hendry performed for you lot since he signed? 

So so, I dont think we would have signed him in January had our other winter signing Compper stayed fit but hes done ok when required. We have had both Simunovic and Boyata linked with moves away so he could get more opportunities yet. We tried him at right back for some reason which I didnt agree with but at least thats better than not playing at all I suppose. Our best defender now though IMO is Ajer where Hendry is some way off him yet is several years older than him. Many fans moan about our central defence but going by Rodgers comments this summer he is content with what hes got, however nobody is currently head and shoulders above the rest yet so positions are very much up for grabs.

5 hours ago, Dee Man said:

For me Hendry opens up the possibility for Celtic to play 3 at the back,he has good composure on the ball plus his pace is also an asset still needs to work on his positional sense, big season for him at Celtic. 

6 hours ago, Dee Man said:

OK but needs some work to do.  He was played at right back a couple of times which didn't go particularly well but he has done decently at centre back or as part of a back three.  Most of the negatives I could see were mental/composure related mistakes which is something that can still be worked on but he seems to have the natural ability.

Celtic are currently playing a friendly against Bohemians Prague and are losing 1-0.  Goal did not really cover our defence in glory, Prague player powered down the left and crossed into the box and Ajer tripped leaving a Prague player to stab it home

On 30/06/2018 at 04:51, senorsoupe said:

30M for Tierney  is more realistic than 6M for Morelos....

Seems to be widely reported down South that Everton have offered £25m and Tottenham are seeing how Celtic react to that before bidding. 

He needs out of Celtic to continue progressing, and Tottenham seems a really good, obvious, next step for his career. 

I'd hope he's got the guts to try it. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seems to be widely reported down South that Everton have offered £25m and Tottenham are seeing how Celtic react to that before bidding. 

He needs out of Celtic to continue progressing, and Tottenham seems a really good, obvious, next step for his career. 

i don't think it's guts.... it's about motive....

Tottenham would probably be interesting for him, Everton should not. - unless of course money is his goal, then who knows where he would end up.

To keep him developing (and at Celtic), i think we have to push him into midfield or try him in one of the winger positions.

9 minutes ago, Booker-T said:

i don't think it's guts.... it's about motive....

Tottenham would probably be interesting for him, Everton should not. - unless of course money is his goal, then who knows where he would end up.

To keep him developing (and at Celtic), i think we have to push him into midfield or try him in one of the winger positions.

Yeah, Everton wouldn't be a good move, they're little more than a top half team and are unlikely to ever better that. Tottenham/Man U should be no brainers though. 

Your suggestion about him progressing by changing his position is a bit bizarre. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I agree. That would be a good move for him. It’s all about how ambitious the lad is though. He is very comfortable at Celtic and does not have to properly apply himself to look good.

Playing with better players daily can only be good for his career. 

I think it’s time for the lad to better himself. Does not want to get to 30, still be in Scotland, and regret it.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looks as though Celtic are going to reject 25M from Everton so Spurs would need to stump up more than that.  Tottenham could be an interesting location for Tierney but it would be a big risk as they already have good depth at left back in Danny Rose and Ben Davies so he would face stiff  competition for playing time there.  Everton would have a much quicker route to the first team with only the aging Leighton Baines as an established first teamer.  Another good place for him (should then renew their interest) would be Man United who are looking for a Left Back

23 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Looks as though Celtic are going to reject 25M from Everton so Spurs would need to stump up more than that.  Tottenham could be an interesting location for Tierney but it would be a big risk as they already have good depth at left back in Danny Rose and Ben Davies so he would face stiff  competition for playing time there.  Everton would have a much quicker route to the first team with only the aging Leighton Baines as an established first teamer.  Another good place for him (should then renew their interest) would be Man United who are looking for a Left Back

Good money decent player but think he will get swallowed up down there.

From listening to him, I don't think Tierney would have any regrets if he chose to stay at Celtic for the rest of his career.  He's a big Celtic fan, as is his family, he's adored by the supporters, he'll probably end up being the next captain and he'll still end up a very wealthy man by his mid 30s. 

It's whether he wants to challenge himself at a higher level.  I personally think he'll stay at Celtic for another three years at least.  If there's still interest in him then, from a Top 6 club in England, I think he may just take it.

He'll know that if he does move on, it'll be very difficult for him to return (certainly in the short to medium term).  That'll play a big part in it for me.  If he goes, it'll be for £30m or so.  It's not like Celtic will pay £20m+ to bring him back up the road if it goes tits up after a year.

57 minutes ago, Desp said:

From listening to him, I don't think Tierney would have any regrets if he chose to stay at Celtic for the rest of his career.  He's a big Celtic fan, as is his family, he's adored by the supporters, he'll probably end up being the next captain and he'll still end up a very wealthy man by his mid 30s. 

It's whether he wants to challenge himself at a higher level.  I personally think he'll stay at Celtic for another three years at least.  If there's still interest in him then, from a Top 6 club in England, I think he may just take it.

He'll know that if he does move on, it'll be very difficult for him to return (certainly in the short to medium term).  That'll play a big part in it for me.  If he goes, it'll be for £30m or so.  It's not like Celtic will pay £20m+ to bring him back up the road if it goes tits up after a year.

Thats my thinking really. I think he will stay for the 10 in a row charge then leave, Rodgers will probabky do the same. Assuming we get it he will only be 24 by then so not as if hes going to miss the boat now.