The Celtic All Seasons thread

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

Celtic fans painting a general picture of “you all laughed but now we are vindicated” is an odd one given a large portion of their own fan base voiced their concerns regarding the appointment following the Howe fiasco.

Tom Cruise What GIF

7 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Not seeing it tbh

Well, in it's simplest form, I'd say my point is it seems futile for Celtic fans to point score by making a general observation that fans of other clubs were wrong to be critical of Ange's appointment when a general observation can also be made that a large portion of Celtic fans shared the same feelings (albeit they would be hopeful of Ange's success).

4 hours ago, TheLad said:

Ordinarily I would say moving from  a job in the Scottish Prem to any English Prem top half job was a good move but can't help thinking Spurs might be the exception.  

Such a basket case club. He would be on a hiding to nothing.

He's almost 58 and would be offered a much better salary than he's on to manage a big team in the "best league in the world".

I can imagine he's not struggling financially but this is a set yourself up for life situation. Especially if he's emptied because he'll fall in to another well paid job easily enough. 

30 minutes ago, AJF said:

Well, in it's simplest form, I'd say my point is it seems futile for Celtic fans to point score by making a general observation that fans of other clubs were wrong to be critical of Ange's appointment when a general observation can also be made that a large portion of Celtic fans shared the same feelings (albeit they would be hopeful of Ange's success).

It’s the “but now we are vindicated” comment. Not seen anyone claim that, no one had heard of him. 

4 hours ago, AJF said:

Celtic fans painting a general picture of “you all laughed but now we are vindicated” is an odd one given a large portion of their own fan base voiced their concerns regarding the appointment following the Howe fiasco.

Don’t think there were many Celtic fans claiming he was nothing better than a binman, he would be sacked by Xmas, hasnt managed at a level higher than our championship etc etc etc.

And I suppose the positive is that at one point Howe was odds on and some had suspended betting with the closest then being Roy Keane. How quickly that picture changed. 

Edited by Jinky67

2 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

He's almost 58 and would be offered a much better salary than he's on to manage a big team in the "best league in the world".

I can imagine he's not struggling financially but this is a set yourself up for life situation. Especially if he's emptied because he'll fall in to another well paid job easily enough. 

Granted he’s younger but would that not also apply to Arne Slot? He’s paid a similar salary to what Ange is 

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Don’t think there were many Celtic fans claiming he was nothing better than a binman, he would be sacked by Xmas, hasnt managed at a level higher than our championship etc etc etc.

And I suppose the positive is that at one point Howe was odds on and some had suspended betting with the closest then being Roy Keane. How quickly that picture changed. 

There wasn't, I think I am more getting at the portrayal of those statements as a wider general opinion of him being incorrect.

As has already been pointed out, he was a relatively unknown at the time he was appointed and both Celtic fans and non-Celtic fans alike expressed doubts about it. Some clearly went further than others in doing so.

4 hours ago, AJF said:

There wasn't, I think I am more getting at the portrayal of those statements as a wider general opinion of him being incorrect.

As has already been pointed out, he was a relatively unknown at the time he was appointed and both Celtic fans and non-Celtic fans alike expressed doubts about it. Some clearly went further than others in doing so.

What about the ones claiming they were ‘vindicated’, where are they??

My thoughts at the time of AP joining Celtic was that the **** would have been delighted to take Clark while at the time (and probably still) APs track record was much better. Clark having a bit more experience of the Scottish Game. 

The media were in a feeding frenzy if I recall and lots of **** bought into it and were giving it the point and laugh. They clearly expected AP to fail and SG to flourish and not jump ship at the first opportunity. The **** I would have said were split on AP certainly there were angry **** on phone ins. 

It was a big job and it is remarkable what he's done. 

But like Rodgers I suspect the time for him to try something else has come. Does he really want another treble and a doing in Europe, or does he want to try his hand with a team has the money to compete. 

Like when Goodwin left St Mirren, I could not really blame him if he does but think the EPL might be a stretch to far. 

2 hours ago, Insaintee said:

My thoughts at the time of AP joining Celtic was that the **** would have been delighted to take Clark while at the time (and probably still) APs track record was much better. Clark having a bit more experience of the Scottish Game. 

The media were in a feeding frenzy if I recall and lots of **** bought into it and were giving it the point and laugh. They clearly expected AP to fail and SG to flourish and not jump ship at the first opportunity. The **** I would have said were split on AP certainly there were angry **** on phone ins. 

It was a big job and it is remarkable what he's done. 

But like Rodgers I suspect the time for him to try something else has come. Does he really want another treble and a doing in Europe, or does he want to try his hand with a team has the money to compete. 

Like when Goodwin left St Mirren, I could not really blame him if he does but think the EPL might be a stretch to far. 

Come on now.

He's a brilliant manager but is at the best run club, with the biggest budget and the best recruitment team.

2 hours ago, RuMoore said:

If the gravy guzzler does go does he take Kyogo and Hatate with him, maybe even a CCV renaissance?

Bit ironic that mate when your own gaffer is carrying a decent amount of excess timber himself

3 hours ago, RuMoore said:

If the gravy guzzler does go does he take Kyogo and Hatate with him, maybe even a CCV renaissance?

Don't you worry, he'll not go near the perennial losers. Hall of famer Tav and all his runner up medals won't be on the menu for old "gravy guzzler". What's your favourite Rangers nearly did it moment? Don't think you can beat the Europa League final personally, just wonderful to see your bunch of bottlers shit the bed as usual.