The Celtic All Seasons thread

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

A percentage is a standard 😉 

It’s a topical subject. There seems to be this desire to reduce allocations as a sort of get it up ye when all it does is more harm than good. We were boasting about our league being the best supported per capita in Europe but with rising ticket prices and reduced allocations that’s going to be undone.

But imagine wanting to see full stadiums and healthy away supports, who’d be that guy eh? 

I’ve already agreed numerous times in the past though that I think it was the wrong decision for Rangers to reduce the allocation for Celtic.

It’s therefore consistent that I think it would be wrong for Celtic to break the rules by not allowing any away fans at all.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’ve already agreed numerous times in the past though that I think it was the wrong decision for Rangers to reduce the allocation for Celtic.

It’s therefore consistent that I think it would be wrong for Celtic to break the rules by not allowing any away fans at all.

I didn’t say you weren’t consistent or that you haven’t said Rangers were wrong. I’ve just told you the reason why they may refuse and you are challenging me as if I have some sort of influence over it, I don’t in the same way you have no influence over Rangers reinstating the old allocations

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I didn’t say you weren’t consistent or that you haven’t said Rangers were wrong. I’ve just told you the reason why they may refuse and you are challenging me as if I have some sort of influence over it, I don’t in the same way you have no influence over Rangers reinstating the old allocations

To be fair the only real reason I am discussing it with you is because you appear to be defending it with the ‘safety concern/Rangers did x, y or z first’ position.

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

To be fair the only real reason I am discussing it with you is because you appear to be defending it with the ‘safety concern/Rangers did x, y or z first’ position.

Churlish to disregard the safety aspect when there has been a notable number of incidents since the allocations were reduced, I’m not convinced that if it was you or I that took one to the napper inside the stadium we would just brush it off as part of the experience nor can I agree that policing 700 Rangers or Celtic fans at an away derby is just as simple as it is policing 700 Aberdeen/Motherwell/Hearts fans etc. They aren’t bringing the same behaviours, they just aren’t. It’s a sad indictment of our fans but it is also the reality, we are bringing more trouble. The fuckwits in our support see just 700 fans as an easier target and as such probably act more cunty and put more pressure on police. 

As for Rangers, well they can end this if they chose to however there seems to be no willingness to move even slightly on their position which is a shame as it puts us at an impasse where we all suffer. 

Edited by Jinky67

40 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Yer trying hard, it deserves some acknowledgment I suppose 

Patronizing Season 5 GIF by ABC Network

Engage or don’t. I am genuinely not getting in anymore tit for tat.

The old firm have manufactured grievances for decade with the real reason being obvious to everyone on the outside. This is such a case, as your own fans have said it’s incredibly tedious. 

If you want to respond on something I will, if you want to do your little GIFs then fine. I won’t react but it also won’t keep me off your threads. Deal? 

24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Engage or don’t. I am genuinely not getting in anymore tit for tat.

The old firm have manufactured grievances for decade with the real reason being obvious to everyone on the outside. This is such a case, as your own fans have said it’s incredibly tedious. 

If you want to respond on something I will, if you want to do your little GIFs then fine. I won’t react but it also won’t keep me off your threads. Deal? 

So you can come on the thread mock, laugh, poke fun at what’s being said etc but don’t want it coming back at you and I have to engage with you on a serious level or else? I’ll give you the polite response to that …. 😂

If you genuinely want me to engage then offer something that is a few levels above tedious trolling which is primarily what your contribution to any Celtic thread is, deal?

Let me answer your serious point, yeah I don’t disagree there probably has been manufactured grievances in the past but there has been as a i said a number of incidents since the allocations have been cut that have appeared on the surface to be a cause for concern, I just think it’s a bit dangerous to disregard that completely

I like everyone else want it to end and we get back to normal but it seems to have started a trend which only hurts the fan at the end of the day. You are quite passionate about the financial imbalances so surely this desire to now cut away allocations only hurts this a little more especially if the home side can’t sell out? 

Edited by Jinky67

For what it’s worth I think Celtic should continue to refuse the paltry away allocation at Ibrox and offer rangers the same paltry amount for Celtic Park (should the authorities agree it’s safe). 
As a footballing spectacle it’s shite, but it’s the fair thing to do.
Always entertaining to see their rid-faced supporters boo their superstars off the pitch. 

CELTIC have suspended the Green Brigade's AWAY ticket allocation.

The fans' group of around 200 will be locked out of the Hoops' upcoming games on the road - pending a review

Celtic insist the ban is due to trouble at recent away fixtures with Feyenoord and Motherwell.

The club copped a £23,000 fine for use of pyro at the Champions League clash in Rotterdam.

A probe is underway after reports of trouble at Fir Park on September 30 - including "rushing" of turnstiles.

But the Green Brigade are expected to have access to Parkhead as normal for the Atletico Madrid match in midweek

And it's understood this ticket ban has nothing to do with the controversy over the Green Brigade's banner display at Parkhead in the hours after the October 7 Hamas attacks in Israel

22 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

So you can come on the thread mock, laugh, poke fun at what’s being said etc but don’t want it coming back at you and I have to engage with you on a serious level or else? I’ll give you the polite response to that …. 😂

If you genuinely want me to engage then offer something that is a few levels above tedious trolling which is primarily what your contribution to any Celtic thread is, deal?

Let me answer your serious point, yeah I don’t disagree there probably has been manufactured grievances in the past but there has been as a i said a number of incidents since the allocations have been cut that have appeared on the surface to be a cause for concern, I just think it’s a bit dangerous to disregard that completely

I like everyone else want it to end and we get back to normal but it seems to have started a trend which only hurts the fan at the end of the day. You are quite passionate about the financial imbalances so surely this desire to now cut away allocations only hurts this a little more especially if the home side can’t sell out? 

Yeah I suppose I troll the match threads but it’s usually around the issue you raise, the financial imbalance which yes I feel very strongly about. If it veers into trolling it’s down to frustration at the babyish reaction it normally receives from Celtic fans. I do not troll on the cheap tropes that normally get associated with Celtic on religion or any other crass things (unless there’s a specific incident to comment on). I’m not apologising for raising the financial imbalance and I really don’t care if a few men children on here find it boring. 

On the allocations thing, I don’t think it has any relevance to the financial imbalance point. Spare capacity of a couple of thousand seats does not touch the sides of that issue, not even close. I just don’t buy the safety concerns angle at all, nothing has changed from these fixtures from over decades.

and again, I was making a serious point - incidents happen at ibrox with Aberdeen all the time. If Aberdeen started saying they were refusing allocations as a result the Aberdeen fan base would tell them to f**k off. It’s just not what this is about.  

23 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah I suppose I troll the match threads but it’s usually around the issue you raise, the financial imbalance which yes I feel very strongly about. If it veers into trolling it’s down to frustration at the babyish reaction it normally receives from Celtic fans. I do not troll on the cheap tropes that normally get associated with Celtic on religion or any other crass things (unless there’s a specific incident to comment on). I’m not apologising for raising the financial imbalance and I really don’t care if a few men children on here find it boring. 

On the allocations thing, I don’t think it has any relevance to the financial imbalance point. Spare capacity of a couple of thousand seats does not touch the sides of that issue, not even close. I just don’t buy the safety concerns angle at all, nothing has changed from these fixtures from over decades.

and again, I was making a serious point - incidents happen at ibrox with Aberdeen all the time. If Aberdeen started saying they were refusing allocations as a result the Aberdeen fan base would tell them to f**k off. It’s just not what this is about.  

I wasn't going to wade in but there's been a fair few more sinister incidents of late including baseball bats being found hid in bins at the January derby by the police. Tbh it's shite for the fans anyway they have to be in over 2 hours before a midday ko and then keep you in after the match as well.

Edited by gannonball

To me the simple solution to the OF ticket fiasco would be that both clubs agree on a percentage of the stadium to allocate to away fans. Say for example, 5%. That would give Celtic around 2500 at Ibrox and Rangers 3000 at Celtic Park.

Segregation wise it’s probably easy enough to give Rangers fans the whole corner of that away end at CP. Ibrox is a little trickier without having swathes of empty seats as segregation. One solution I think would be to give Celtic fans the top tier of the Broomloan and have a buffer strip of empty seats along the first few front rows, marshalled by police. Before people say it wouldn’t work, it works perfectly fine in England - an example being Sunderland away at Newcastle.

38 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I wasn't going to wade in but there's been a fair few more sinister incidents of late including baseball bats being found hid in bins at the January derby by the police. Tbh it's shite for the fans anyway they have to be in over 2 hours before a midday ko and then keep you in after the match as well.

Not saying the security concerns don’t exist, just that it’s not the motivator here. 

Is it a bigger risk than a trip to feyenoord or lazio? Because they could refuse those too. 

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not saying the security concerns don’t exist, just that it’s not the motivator here. 

Is it a bigger risk than a trip to feyenoord or lazio? Because they could refuse those too. 

Well you get 5% minimum with UEFA along with  more stringent rules for fan control so I would say so. I'm not going to pretend safety is the only driver regarding this decision though but tbh with current allowance they gave and hours your in there those I know who have went would not go again. 

33 minutes ago, gannonball said:
  Hide contents

Penalty To Rangers

14 hours ago, kingjoey said:

x~(2xy)/a+b.

14 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Aye 

I hate maths.

Please take this to a maths thread.

Joe Hart has reportedly been offered a years extension to his contract.

No ins and outs with of it yet but presumably it’ll be a pay cut and maybe some sort of expansion into a coaching role.

2 minutes ago, stressball said:

I hate maths.

Please take this to a maths thread.

Joe Hart has reportedly been offered a years extension to his contract.

No ins and outs with of it yet but presumably it’ll be a pay cut and maybe some sort of expansion into a coaching role.

Aye I'm guessing we will be in same sort of similar situation to the one we offered  Gordon. I would expect him to f**k off back down south though if he's not likely to be first choice. Might as well warm a bench elsewhere for alot more dough. Happy for him to stay however as he's been surprisingly a very good egg.