The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, bennett said:

To be fair, some people these days brand you as anti semitic if you dont have a poster of Benjamin Netanyahu on your wall and publicly proclaim that killing Palestinian children should be supported.

Rachel Riley has a lot to answer for.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

This sort of take makes me really uncomfortable and not because this particular attack is at Celtic fans it’s more general than that.

There seems to be a growing appetite to label anyone who has any sympathy or draws attention to the amount of needless civilian loss in Gaza as an anti-Semite and that’s not right. 

On 01/11/2023 at 18:43, Molotov said:

Listen to part of it here:

Cheers

On 01/11/2023 at 18:39, stressball said:

I believe so, I couldn’t say for certain but I know there’s people in the standing section not part of the GB.

From what I’ve gathered north curve are in there too.

Edit: I might be wrong on TNC being an actual group, it might just be the collective name of the entire section but they have an online presence and merchandise.

Cheers

On 01/11/2023 at 18:54, Jinky67 said:

I loathe to use the term separate entity but that’s exactly what it is. The GB are an ultras group where as TNC are a fan collective who stand in that section 

Cheers

20 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

A feature on the bbc Scotland news at 10:30 about a bunch of self-appointed fandans being banned by Celtic says everything about the media in this country.

Makes you feel sick.

Partly , but there is a serious point behind it , IE. the gb ignoring some legitimate requests from " their " board eg. pyros

3 hours ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Cheers

Cheers

Cheers

Partly , but there is a serious point behind it , IE. the gb ignoring some legitimate requests from " their " board eg. pyros

I agree mate. I think pyro needs to be kept away from football. Its not safe for close proximity to people, especially when used en masse.

@Hoose Riceyou okay pal? I see you downvoted a random post of mine.

2 hours ago, stressball said:

I agree mate. I think pyro needs to be kept away from football. Its not safe for close proximity to people, especially when used en masse.

@Hoose Riceyou okay pal? I see you downvoted a random post of mine.

I'm good mate cheers.  Pressed the like button by accident so just cancelled it out as never had an opinion on the post at all.  No offence intended and thanks for the concern :) 

On 01/11/2023 at 12:33, Drew Brees said:

I could be wrong but I was under the impression it was ‘up to our ones in Ayr scum’ or similar. It’s quite Uber sensitive to be offended by your rivals fans calling you scum. I’ve been called a lot worse. 

They call us 'darkies'. 

4 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Really?

We call Morten fans “the great unwashed” and they refer to as “skunks” but those terms don’t have the same connotations as the term you describe. 

It's mental, both sets of fans have a song that is still sung calling the other 'black b*****ds' (black here is meaning dirty or mockit) and both refuse to stop singing it.  

Weird hills folk want to die on.. 

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

It's mental, both sets of fans have a song that is still sung calling the other 'black b*****ds' (black here is meaning dirty or mockit) and both refuse to stop singing it.  

For decades St Mirren fans used to sing a song mocking the OF with the P & Q references but we stopped this at the stadiums following IIRC a request from our club. 

Thankfully very rarely heard these days aside from perhaps the odd young team supporters.  

It was debated mercilessly on Saints forums years ago but I think everyone would agree that there is no place for this at our matches. 

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Aye, the first time I experienced that was once when I visited my great gran who lived in Ayrshire when I was about 13. My cousin and I got into a scuffle with the local youths and we were branded "black b*****ds" and "blacko's". I was very confused.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Aye, the first time I experienced that was once when I visited my great gran who lived in Ayrshire when I was about 13. My cousin and I got into a scuffle with the local youths and we were branded "black b*****ds" and "blacko's". I was very confused.

Shat it imo. ;) 

58 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Not sure who was deflecting but here’s my two bobs worth. 

The banner at the killie game was very ill timed and badly thought out by the GB, by the time of kick off in our game all of them would’ve known the details of the Hamas attack, I can’t recall what I put up on our match thread but in my defence I had no idea about the details surrounding it. Leaving aside the GB’s stance on Palestine, which I hope any decent person would support, kids are now being murdered at a rate never seen since WWII because of that attack. 

We can only imagine what the feeling that you have absolutely nothing left to lose can do to you, but they cannot support that attack and I can't pretend I felt anything but horror when I heard about and read about October 7. The banners that day were absolutely sickening. It wasn’t a brave excursion taking out military targets, and should be condemned by all. 

I support the GB in many many things they do, charity work in Palestine, food drives in Glasgow, the atmosphere they bring and their displays at CP but that a as a huge own goal. 

Very well put, my thoughts exactly.

5 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Not sure who was deflecting but here’s my two bobs worth. 

The banner at the killie game was very ill timed and badly thought out by the GB, by the time of kick off in our game all of them would’ve known the details of the Hamas attack, I can’t recall what I put up on our match thread but in my defence I had no idea about the details surrounding it. Leaving aside the GB’s stance on Palestine, which I hope any decent person would support, kids are now being murdered at a rate never seen since WWII because of that attack. 

We can only imagine what the feeling must be like when you have absolutely nothing left to lose and what it can do to you, but they cannot support that attack and I can't pretend I felt anything but horror when I heard about and read about October 7. The banners that day were absolutely sickening. It wasn’t a brave excursion taking out military targets, and should be condemned by all. 

I support the GB in many many things they do, charity work in Palestine, food drives in Glasgow, the atmosphere they bring and their displays at CP but that a as a huge own goal. 

This would’ve carried more weight if posted on the 9th October or something like that. Instead you’ve spent 3 weeks telling me I’m trolling and, with others,  abusing me for continuing to bring the matter up (which is fine that’s what this site is all about).

Now 3 weeks later and following a statement by your board and the banning of the GB you are now on here saying how bad it was.

Pretty pathetic if you ask me. Too afraid to give a real opinion on it for a few weeks and deciding now to follow your club and hammer the actions on 7th October.

21 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

This would’ve carried more weight if posted on the 9th October or something like that. Instead you’ve spent 3 weeks telling me I’m trolling and, with others,  abusing me for continuing to bring the matter up (which is fine that’s what this site is all about).

Now 3 weeks later and following a statement by your board and the banning of the GB you are now on here saying how bad it was.

Pretty pathetic if you ask me. Too afraid to give a real opinion on it for a few weeks and deciding now to follow your club and hammer the actions on 7th October.

Please give it a break.

There are innocent human beings (many children) being slaughtered unnecessarily. Families ripped apart with anger and resentment that will continue to spread murder and mayhem down to the next generations. 

Nothing is going to be resolved on a scottish football forum through pointless arguments although I’d argue that there are many on here who would make a better case for world peace than the absolute fcuking hypocrites currently fighting one another. 

This will never end unless the guns and the bombs are gone. But there is way too much money, power and control that the few evil cnuts have over the many millions of innocent people caught up. 
Please just take a break from this bitchfest for a while. 

2 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Please give it a break.

There are innocent human beings (many children) being slaughtered unnecessarily. Families ripped apart with anger and resentment that will continue to spread murder and mayhem down to the next generations. 

Nothing is going to be resolved on a scottish football forum through pointless arguments although I’d argue that there are many on here who would make a better case for world peace than the absolute fcuking hypocrites currently fighting one another. 

This will never end unless the guns and the bombs are gone. But there is way too much money, power and control that the few evil cnuts have over the many millions of innocent people caught up. 
Please just take a break from this bitchfest for a while. 

Ok dad.