Jump to content

The Celtic All Seasons thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

That’s just the members who have declared this to the club. I would imagine a lot of the more, er……, militant members of that particular group haven’t informed the club of their allegiance.

Probably same ones who cover their faces up. 

Blending in with the civilians 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

The Green Brigade plan to hold a "day of action" at Celtic Park if their dispute with the club is not "satisfactorily resolved" in two weeks.

The Celtic fan group say they have waited months for a meeting with chief executive Michael Nicholson, after the club declared 24 hours earlier an offer of dialogue had not been taken up.

The 267 season-ticket holders who registered as members of the Green Brigade remain suspended from Celtic Park and are not receiving tickets for away matches.

The group issued a statement saying there was "little value in continuing this online game of statement-tennis which was initiated by the PLC board, and which it continues to draw out by repeating the same disingenuous claims that we have already addressed".

It added: "We note that the PLC board claims to be open to dialogue and engagement. We remind them that we have been waiting for a meeting with chief executive officer Michael Nicholson since the summer.

"The planned summer meeting was originally postponed until September to allow focus on transfer activity - we await satisfactory progress on both fronts and remain open to constructive dialogue moving forward.

"Should our own situation not be satisfactorily resolved by Celtic v Motherwell [on 25 November] we will organise a day of action at this match. We will liaise with all interested Celtic fans, fan groups and CSCs [Celtic supporters clubs] in the lead up to this date."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Former Italy striker Mario Balotelli, currently with Adana Demirspor, has reignited his feud with Brendan Rodgers, branding the Celtic manager the worst coach of his career during their time together at Liverpool and dubbing the Northern Irishman "a disaster" as a human being. (Glasgow Evening Times)

:lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Part of Fran Alonso’s statement on leaving Celtic Ladies to join a club in the USA. Good luck with the last part of that paragraph.

 

"However, the new opportunity in America is one that I dreamed about since I started coaching in the women's game and I know our Celtic supporters will understand."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Part of Fran Alonso’s statement on leaving Celtic Ladies to join a club in the USA. Good luck with the last part of that paragraph.

 

"However, the new opportunity in America is one that I dreamed about since I started coaching in the women's game and I know our Celtic supporters will understand."

I think you'll find their great granddads all went to America for work as well. They'll get it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

 

Linked with this lad. Looks alright even if highlights don't tell the full story.

He's obviously not tall but seems to have a decent build about him for Scottish football. Some are getting annoyed that we are still probing the Asian market but I see no issue tbh, some have been absolute punts like Kwon who pretty much was a Korean 2nd division player so I'm not going to let that decipher the quality of an entire market. 

Again this probably won't be too popular an  option with some of our fans but I would have been speaking to Kevin Van Veens team to train with us now he is back in Scotland temporarily. Oh,Kyogo and Maeda are almost certainly going to be at the Asian cup next month so with no strikers in our team surely being able proven striker in our league on loan is a no brainer whilst they are all away?

Edited by gannonball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/12/2023 at 06:51, gannonball said:

He's obviously not tall but seems to have a decent build about him for Scottish football. Some are getting annoyed that we are still probing the Asian market but I see no issue tbh, some have been absolute punts like Kwon who pretty much was a Korean 2nd division player so I'm not going to let that decipher the quality of an entire market. 

Again this probably won't be too popular an  option with some of our fans but I would have been speaking to Kevin Van Veens team to train with us now he is back in Scotland temporarily. Oh,Kyogo and Maeda are almost certainly going to be at the Asian cup next month so with no strikers in our team surely being able proven striker in our league on loan is a no brainer whilst they are all away?

I don't care where we buy players from as long as they're good enough. I have no idea why we signed Kwon, I've heard a rumour that it was some sort of agent negotiating when we were doing the Yang deal but obviously can't verify it. We always take random cheap punts for squad fillers.

 

Oh has been called up already, as has Yang and Tilio. Maeda seems likely and Kyogo is the main doubt.

 

I wouldn't mind Van Veen at all, but would hope for a permanent signing rather than a loan (even if it's not Van Veen). What I really want is another left back. Taylor has been a good signing but Bernabei clearly isn't trusted and we can't just keep playing Taylor until he breaks down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Loved Rodgers' post match comments about McGregor. He was outstanding yesterday. Best performance of the season.

 

"Yeah well Callum's on a different level to anyone on the pitch, with the greatest respect. The quality he has, the idea of football he has, how he leads the team... just absolutely incredible. When you need your top players to stand up, he was there. I can't speak highly enouigh of him."

 
Edited by LuboMoravcik
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hatate and Maeda in Japan squad but Kyogo isn't. Great news for us that Kyogo isn't given I was expecting us to not have a striker for a while but absolutely baffling why the Japanese coach doesn't seem to rate him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Feel for Kyogo especially as Mitoma has been selected and he was supposedly out for up to 6 weeks after getting injured a few days before Xmas.

Their loss is our gain and hopefully this doesn’t unsettle him. Ironically Hosoya has been called up

Edited by Jinky67
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Feel for Kyogo especially as Mitoma has been selected and he was supposedly out for up to 6 weeks after getting injured a few days before Xmas.

Their loss is our gain and hopefully this doesn’t unsettle him. Ironically Hosoya has been called up

It’s really good news for Celtic but Moriyasu not picking him in the squad isn’t really a surprise. He outlined his reasons for leaving Kyogo out of the Japan World Cup squad where Japan performed well and clearly his opinion on Kyogo hasn’t changed since then. 
 

Arguably the World Cup decision was slightly more of a surprise given the form that Kyogo was showing frequently under Postecoglu.

Japan are a very strong team and will go into this tournament as the favourites so Moriyasu clearly knows what he’s doing.

Totally agree with your point around Mitoma but he clearly thinks he’ll have something to offer later in the tournament.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...