The Celtic All Seasons thread

9 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Celtic’s board clearly don’t see themselves as a Champions League club.

Their spending, and on who, makes that obvious.

The irony & brass neck of some Celtic-minded pundits etc to cite budgets is laughable & embarrassing. 

I have no sympathy for them but they are not at this level. They would need to double their wage bill to compete for 3rd spot and Europa league but this would be a gamble and not worth the return. That would also mean even bigger humpings in the SPFL for the rest. Celtic as a business are where they want to be, they are making profit while being dominant domestically, a few humpings in Europe isn't going to change this because come May when they are celebrating a double their fans won't care. 

19 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Celtic’s board clearly don’t see themselves as a Champions League club.

Their spending, and on who, makes that obvious.

The irony & brass neck of some Celtic-minded pundits etc to cite budgets is laughable & embarrassing. 

Any gripe about budgets is surely relative the competition you are playing in? We should be doing better against Feyernoord and Lazio for sure but we just have to accept a 150 million + a year wage deficit to Atletico may have some bearing in the same way our massive wage advantage over Aberdeen has a bearing. We just aren’t in their league and likely to get battered more often than not. 

9 hours ago, AJF said:

What on earth is he doing dropping behind his line? Hart is so bad, I knew he would cost them a lot this season.

What has he cost us this season? I mean we are 4-0 down at this point so safe to say the game was gone 🤣

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Any gripe about budgets is surely relative the competition you are playing in? We should be doing better against Feyernoord and Lazio for sure but we just have to accept a 150 million + a year wage deficit to Atletico may have some bearing in the same way our massive wage advantage over Aberdeen has a bearing. We just aren’t in their league and likely to get battered more often than not. 

What has he cost us this season? I mean we are 4-0 down at this point so safe to say the game was gone 🤣

He has made mistakes in, what, 3 out of 4 champions league matches this season? On top of last night, he gifted Feyenoord their opener on the stroke of half time while the scores were level and flapped at Lazio’s equaliser at Celtic Park.

Not to mention his sending off against Livi.

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

He has made mistakes in, what, 3 out of 4 champions league matches this season? On top of last night, he gifted Feyenoord their opener on the stroke of half time while the scores were level and flapped at Lazio’s equaliser at Celtic Park.

Not to mention his sending off against Livi.

You can question his positioning for the free kick but hardly a gift and as for flapping at the Lazio goal it was a redirected header from about 2-3 yards out? 

Oh and we won at Livi

Trying a bit too hard here

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You can question his positioning for the free kick but hardly a gift and as for flapping at the Lazio goal it was a redirected header from about 2-3 yards out? 

Oh and we won at Livi

Trying a bit too hard here

I just feel he has shipped a lot of goals and made it known before the start of the season that I thought it was madness Celtic were heading into the campaign with Hart and Bain as their first choice keepers.

3 mistakes in 4 CL games (I still believe he should’ve done better with each of them) is something that anyone could’ve predicted.

22 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Just as embarrassing are claims I keep seeing from Celtic fans that the dice is loaded against them in the Champions League because the powers that be just want the big clubs to be successful.  Excerpts from a Celtic fans' board during last night's match:

I hate this competition, now. It’s so skewed towards ensuring the elite reach the latter stages, it’s barely competitive any more.

Seems every year we get the "wee team" treatment.

Yeah, [the referees] want to keep their job i..so will always rule in favour of the teams with the most money

Marks for self awareness, as usual, a solid 0/10.

Just found out that the total numbers in the Green Brigade is 267. The way they make statements I thought there must be a couple of thousand. F*ck*ng hell, there were more folk in my Boys Brigade Company. What an inconsequential bunch of wannabes.

32 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Just found out that the total numbers in the Green Brigade is 267. The way they make statements I thought there must be a couple of thousand. F*ck*ng hell, there were more folk in my Boys Brigade Company. What an inconsequential bunch of wannabes.

Eh…..do they not squeeze a few extra thousand bodies through the turnstiles or fire doors to boost their numbers?

Some decent Celtic supporters on here have recounted stories of these wee neds boasting about not having paid to get in and sitting in someone else’s seat. 

As I said earlier - why don’t the GB set up their own club and set the standards that they demand? 

50 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Without them there, Parkhead will be like a library. 

2 hours ago, kingjoey said: