The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, stressball said:

Most did, but you’re entitled to your opinion.

If ‘most’ fans were against it, why wasn’t it forcibly removed from the pro- Hamas section of your support during the game when it was displayed ?

Why did the other fans in the stadium let it be displayed given the events of the previous day and have an idea of the negative press it would give your club ?

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

53 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If ‘most’ fans were against it, why wasn’t it forcibly removed from the pro- Hamas section of your support during the game when it was displayed ?

Why did the other fans in the stadium let it be displayed given the events of the previous day and have an idea of the negative press it would give your club ?

You didn’t read what he replied to did you? He was taking about Celtic fans on this forum.

And the idea that fans can forcibly remove a banner that is displayed only for a few minutes in a 400/500 strong crowd whilst evading stewards, police and somehow avoiding a riot is a bit laughable.

How would you intend to organise and mobilise such an effort in only a few minutes?

Have you ever steamed into a mob of 100’s before? 

The question you should have asked is how on earth was such a banner allowed in the stadium in the first place

Edited by Jinky67

51 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Whats evident to the majority of intelligent decent people, is that a certain section at Celtic Park don't know what a porcupine is never mind where Palestine is. They just sound kinda similar. Thick, uneducated, ignorant morons brainwashed as young kids by daddy who is equally as thick. A vicious circle of attention seeking idiots. The same applies to anyone who thinks religion or race has a place in football.

I really do pity them.

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You didn’t read what he replied to did you? He was taking about Celtic fans on this forum.

And the idea that fans can forcibly remove a banner that is displayed only for a few minutes in a 400/500 strong crowd whilst evading stewards, police and somehow avoiding a riot is a bit laughable.

How would you intend to organise and mobilise such an effort in only a few minutes?

Have you ever steamed into a mob of 100’s before? 

The question you should have asked is how on earth was such a banner allowed in the stadium in the first place

Thanks for replying but ‘we did nothing about it’ would have been sufficient.

24 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Thanks for replying but ‘we did nothing about it’ would have been sufficient.

😂

Spare us the faux bravado mate, you wouldn’t have done a single thing yourself in that position and nor should you. It’s the police and stewards jobs to police fans not some eejit who has watched too many Danny Dyer movies and now thinks he’s a hard nut.

Clown 

Edited by Jinky67

32 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

😂

Spare us the faux bravado mate, you wouldn’t have done a single thing yourself in that position and nor should you. It’s the police and stewards jobs to police fans not some eejit who has watched too many Danny Dyer movies and now thinks he’s a hard nut.

Clown 

No faux bravado mate. I’ve never been in that position as Falkirk fans don’t support terrorist groups thankfully.

And no need to get personal with the insults. Good night.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

30 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

No faux bravado mate. I’ve never been in that position as Falkirk fans don’t support terrorist groups thankfully.

And no need to get personal with the insults. Good night.

Then you really should have left this discussion alone then. You are asking questions about why fans aren’t forcibly removing banners from other fans who are a few hundred in size and passionate about their right to protest. (This isn’t me saying they have such a right but they believe they do which is the important factor) How do you think that plays out in the real world? 

I’ll tell you, it plays out with fans rioting, mass brawls and lots of people including children getting needlessly hurt or worse. That’s what you are advocating for, it’s stupid, reckless and dangerous.

Leave the policing to the police and leave the fantasy for the movies.

Edited by Jinky67

7 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Then you really should have left this discussion alone then. You are asking questions about why fans aren’t forcibly removing banners from other fans who are a few hundred in size and passionate about their right to protest. (This isn’t me saying they have such a right but they believe they do which is the important factor) How do you think that plays out in the real world? 

I’ll tell you, it plays out with fans rioting, mass brawls and lots of people including children getting needlessly hurt or worse. That’s what you are advocating for, it’s stupid, reckless and dangerous.

Leave the policing to the police and leave the fantasy for the movies.

He's renowned for posting absolute fantasy TBF on Celtic threads, to summarise...

15 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s embarrassing and totally unacceptable.

Sorry @Grangemouth Bairn, absolutely stupid to suggest people should put themselves at risk, and even risk of arrest to intervene at a game of football. 

I’ve seen folk intervene at Aberdeen games over various things and it isn’t really worth ruining you entire day. The Celtic support needs a collective reflection on all of this but expecting folk to do that at a game is silly. 

On 05/03/2024 at 09:26, gannonball said:

I know @Hoose Ricehas made a rip roaring arse of himself (again) over this yesterday but people are really clutching at straws here over the Abada situation with takes like this. The majority of our fans base like a lot of the world  do not agree with the IDF's actions of late, but it would be ridiculous to single out someone who just happens to come from the country who's government/army are carrying out these atrocities. Having said that I understand why Abada doesn't want to play for us at present but has stayed pretty quiet on the matter to probably avoid giving morons any further oxygen over it.

Avi Luzon - Maccabi Petah president on Abada and Celtic.

"On a personal level, Liel felt very bad with everything that was happening, including the indignation of the fans on the street towards him - more than once. The fans treated him disgustingly and left him no choice.”

36 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Avi Luzon - Maccabi Petah president on Abada and Celtic.

"On a personal level, Liel felt very bad with everything that was happening, including the indignation of the fans on the street towards him - more than once. The fans treated him disgustingly and left him no choice.”

Thanks for coming steaming in again but this guy has been talking shite about us and Abada since he's left the club years ago...

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/celtic-90-per-cent-certain-to-lose-key-first-team-star-this-summer-after-new-contract-rejected-4071116

Given we are in the age of faceless keyboard warriors I'm not going to pretend he might at least have had some messages from fans over the conflict but I will take Abada's word over some guy ex president whose tried to unsettle him since he's arrived to get more cash for his club, or people like yourself coming up with a narrative that doesn't really fit with what's happened. The guy always had the support of the fans when he took to the pitch, even at the height of the current conflict where he got a cheer as loud as any other goal when he came on, that was the litmus test. Weirdly some people on here would have been gutted about that, yourself included imo.

Edited by gannonball

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

He's renowned for posting absolute fantasy TBF on Celtic threads, to summarise...

All about opinions Gannonball.

You have your views and I have mines.

You’ll never convince me that terrorist songs and banners have a place on our game though.

Lets leave it at that.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Thanks for coming steaming in again but this guy has been talking shite about us and Abada since he's left the club years ago...

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/celtic-90-per-cent-certain-to-lose-key-first-team-star-this-summer-after-new-contract-rejected-4071116

Given we are in the age of faceless keyboard warriors I'm not going to pretend he might at least have had some messages from fans over the conflict but I will take Abada's word over some guy ex president whose tried to unsettle him since he's arrived to get more cash for his club, or people like yourself coming up with a narrative that doesn't really fit with what's happened. The guy always had the support of the fans when he took to the pitch, even at the height of the current conflict where he got a cheer as loud as any other goal when he came on, that was the litmus test. Weirdly some people on here would have been gutted about that, yourself included imo.

Always someone saying something about the poor wee vic-****. :( 

Your support, supporting terrorists and the abuse he got meant he had to leave Scotland.  That is facts. 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You’ll never convince me that terrorist songs and banners have a place on our game though.

Lets leave it at that.

He puts his hands in his ears and goes "la la la" (in a non terrorist loving tune) to make supporting a scum club more justifiable because they win lots of trophies. 

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Lets leave it at that.

He wasn’t trying to convince you of that, it wasn’t even the point being discussed.

And your opinion is largely based on what you can either make up or what movie you have watched recently.

22 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

He wasn’t trying to convince you of that, it wasn’t even the point being discussed.

And your opinion is largely based on what you can either make up or what movie you have watched recently.

We’ll agree to disagree Jinky.

I don’t think it has a place in the game.

I’m not lowering myself to insulting you personally btw.

Keep the insults coming if it makes you happy. I’ve built up a thick skin over the years.

17 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Clearly you don’t read and just rattle off stuff without bothering to check what you’re replying to.

Don't think that Celtic fans should be responsible for removing banners from other fans but they absolutely should've been writing to the club demanding action be taken against these morons. The fact is the general Celtic supporter enjoy the Green Brigade and whatever pathetic wee groups of neds that gather due to them bringing "atmosphere", the reality is they're terrorist loving bigots preaching and singing pish they don't understand in the attempt to offend the opposition. 

59 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We’ll agree to disagree Jinky.

I’m not lowering myself to insulting you personally btw.Keep the insults coming if it makes you happy. I’ve built up a thick skin over the years.

You literally just red dotted the post you were replying to :lol:

Edited by gannonball