The Celtic All Seasons thread

Best wishes to him although timing was surprising. Personally I think it isn't a bad time for a change. Been a bit stale this season at times and his European record isn't an improvement on previous managers. A new manager ...strengthen the playing staff and a fresh outlook for next season .

To achieve what exactly?

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

What’s all this nonsense about the ‘timing’ of it? The timing was solely down to Leicester having a vacancy. It’s not as if Rodgers suddenly decided that he’d had enough and fucked off.

I think latter  has a part. Leicester have little to play for this season where as Celtic very much do. If they really wanted him he could have said he would come end of season but Im guessing he didn’t want to risk putting that demand in. 

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I think latter  has a part. Leicester have little to play for this season where as Celtic very much do. If they really wanted him he could have said he would come end of season but Im guessing he didn’t want to risk putting that demand in. 

Seemingly they weren't willing to wait around so it was now or never (never being a subjective term here of course given the nature of football; two months in to next season and any number of clubs in England will be looking for a new manager).

So let's get this right.

Player or manager joins Celtic from Aberdeen/ICT/Dundee, at least doubling his wages, probably more likely on 4 times the money.  Celtic fans:.........................................

Player or manager leaves Celtic for a club in The Barclay at least doubling his wages, probably more likely on 4 times the money.  Celtic fans:  Fucking judas ***, tranny shagging cunt bastard.  Where's the fuckin loyalty in  football byraway!!!!!!!!!!111!!"!!!!!.

The heads gone from some sections of the celtic support is quite hilarious. The best quotes I've read about him creating history around 10 in a row are the best. He created history by winning back to back trebles but it was still all about 10, why, because the 10 involves something to do with 'beating rangers'. The thing is that no one outside of the rangers and celtic supports particularly cares if they reach 10, unless it's someone other than rangers that stops them. Dinamo Zagreb recently won 11 titles on the spin, BATE Borisov are currently on a run of 13, can anyone name me the managers that led those clubs to these historic achievements.

Also a quick question for the Celtic supporters, I know many of you have no self awareness at all, but would there not be a small part of you a little sad that if you won 10 in a row, these teams would be considered historically better than the 60's-70's team that won 9? Or would all that matter be that you beat rangers?

5 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

The heads gone from some sections of the celtic support is quite hilarious. The best quotes I've read about him creating history around 10 in a row are the best. He created history by winning back to back trebles but it was still all about 10, why, because the 10 involves something to do with 'beating rangers'. The thing is that no one outside of the rangers and celtic supports particularly cares if they reach 10, unless it's someone other than rangers that stops them. Dinamo Zagreb recently won 11 titles on the spin, BATE Borisov are currently on a run of 13, can anyone name me the managers that led those clubs to these historic achievements.

Also a quick question for the Celtic supporters, I know many of you have no self awareness at all, but would there not be a small part of you a little sad that if you won 10 in a row, these teams would be considered historically better than the 60's-70's team that won 9? Or would all that matter be that you beat rangers?

Nope, it's about breaking a record in the country we play in.

And also, no this Celtic nor any I'd imagine will ever be considered better than the team of the late 60s -early 70s

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Seemingly they weren't willing to wait around so it was now or never (never being a subjective term here of course given the nature of football; two months in to next season and any number of clubs in England will be looking for a new manager).

According to reports this morning they were willing to wait and Rodgers wanted to go immediately.

Doesn't matter anyway, onwards and upwards.

And also, no this Celtic nor any I'd imagine will ever be considered better than the team of the late 60s -early 70s

In a domestic sense no, you can't on the one hand say that beating rangers 9 in a row is a historically better achievement but beating your own 9 isn't.

Eta. Also its got nothing to do with beating a record. Its all to do with rangers. If rangers hadn't won 9 would there be such a clamour to beat your own 9

9 minutes ago, nsr said:

Upwards in what sense? Celtic have reached the peak of what they are capable of.

In your opinion, we reached the last 16 of champs league under Strachan twice and Lennon once, I'd like to see us at least getting close to competing again! 

Possibly wishful thinking in the current climate, but as football fans I think that's the idea, optimism?

34 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I’m not sure that the Leicester hierarchy would agree that they have little to play for. Before last night they were in freefall and only eight points off the relegation spots. They obviously weren’t wanting to put the future of their club in the hands of a caretaker.

34 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Times today says otherwise

Screenshot_2019-02-27-09-36-14.png

So let's get this right.
Player or manager joins Celtic from Aberdeen/ICT/Dundee, at least doubling his wages, probably more likely on 4 times the money.  Celtic fans:.........................................
Player or manager leaves Celtic for a club in The Barclay at least doubling his wages, probably more likely on 4 times the money.  Celtic fans:  Fucking judas ***, tranny shagging cunt bastard.  Where's the fuckin loyalty in  football byraway!!!!!!!!!!111!!"!!!!!.
Yeah, think that's how it works.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I’m not sure that the Leicester hierarchy would agree that they have little to play for. Before last night they were in freefall and only eight points off the relegation spots. They obviously weren’t wanting to put the future of their club in the hands of a caretaker.

See my attachment above

2 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:
16 minutes ago, RPHG said:

In a domestic sense no, you can't on the one hand say that beating rangers 9 in a row is a historically better achievement but beating your own 9 isn't.

I'm not sure I made that point? I never mentioned Rangers, you did, twice now I think.

To break 9 in a row it's not about 1 team, 1 manager, 1 group of players. Therefore I don't think any individual team acheives it and therefore can claim to be the 'best'

The best Celtic team of all time will always be the Lisbon Lions unless something happens to change the landscape of football and we compete at that level again, which I highly doubt