The Celtic All Seasons thread

46 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Also, surely to f**k he has to be on more than 600 a week at Motherwell. I know they are paupers but I'm not a million miles away from that wage.

Why am I not surprised you don't even earn £29k p/a at your age.

You mean, he doesn't want to get a medal and go down in Celtic history as a player who got the club past the group stage in Europe? 
Or he's a young guy who doesn't want to sit on the bench at parkhead and waste away the best years of his career like many others before him, think Allan & Riordan.

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If players prefer a better bank balance to winning trophies good luck to them.

It's great to see Robertson do so well it just proves it can be done,as I said good luck to them.

It's a great living for players with talent but when they finish playing all you here about is the regrets they didn't win many trophies.
Good luck to them for making the choice when they're playing but why moan about it after they're finished.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If he wants more dosh than Celtic are offering him good luck to him I hope he gets it,it's a short career.
He signed a 2 and a half deal with motherwell in January so no loyalty there.

sure.gif

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You said Celtic players are getting paid significantly higher than anyone else in the league.
Yet Turnbull and his agent are wanting more than Celtic are offering are you saying Turnbull is greedy?
Celtic are not getting hold to ransom over a player with a one season wonder.

The reports that I’ve seen are saying that Turnbull is less interested in cash than the likelihood of getting fairly regular first team football at a higher level than Motherwell. So, if that is the case, the opposite of greedy.

23 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The reports that I’ve seen are saying that Turnbull is less interested in cash than the likelihood of getting fairly regular first team football at a higher level than Motherwell. So, if that is the case, the opposite of greedy.

Has Motherwell agreed a deal with any other club?
By a higher level you mean?
Plus is Turnbull not confident he can make the grade at Celtic?

Edited by wastecoatwilly

24 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

At a higher level than Celtic too, I'd imagine.

On 15/06/2019 at 10:50, kingjoey said:

Your first paragraph was really excellent. Your second is the standard “we didn’t want him anyway” rubbish, even though your club was willing to spend £3m plus to get him.

"magnificent" , Shirley?

33 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Has Motherwell agreed a deal with any other club?
By a higher level you mean?
Plus is Turnbull not confident he can make the grade at Celtic?

Higher than Motherwell = A league not owned by the SPFL.  

Edited by Antiochas III

On 15/06/2019 at 13:06, ropy said:

Not sure that there is too much that’s been done that’s wrong

Motherwell have accepted a bid - no blame there

Celtic have made an offer - as is their right

The offer hasn’t yet been accepted, one of the points that the player has to think about is whether he would get first team football

The Celtic fans should be delighted they are on the verge of signing a player who knows he can hold his own in the team

Celtic were possibly a bit trigger happy with the statement that the deal has not yet been accepted, but it is the truth (the wording would suggest that the normal comms folk are on holiday)

Turnbull’s agent will be doing his job to consider all options including Celtic

So everybody doing there bit and us fans scoring points off each other which is what we like to do

Everybody happy then?

Some appear to be less happy than others.

4 hours ago, Romeo said:

Highlight of a diddies year?

Trophies? Promotion? Good cup run?

Nope, Celtic potentially not signing a player.

Diddies gonna diddy.

It was such a magnificent offer too....

3 hours ago, Stevie67 said:
3 hours ago, Dele said:
I don't, no. Much in the same way I don't think the likes Dunfermline reaching Scottish Cup finals is a major success. 

Fair enough...for what its worth Dunfermline getting to cup final is relative success...winning it a major success. What do you consider relative success in Europe for Celtic?

Losing only 6-1 to Paris St-Germain?