The Celtic All Seasons thread

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ok.

So which other games should be adjusted based on gate receipts?

Should Hibs, who are losing out on their big gates against Hearts be allowed to manoeuvre a few fixtures to compensate?

Dundee Utd will be without the Dundee Derby, maybe they can stack up their games agaisnt the arse cheeks since it will get them a few quid more.

Yep Scottish football is a hard sell with fans like you.

29 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Hmm, not so sure that’s what I said in full. Mind you, you have illustrated beautifully the art of taking something out of context, so well done for showing people how to do that. Masterful.

You got the story from the media where context means nothing yet you still believe in what was said and not the manipulation that's fecking poetic.

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You got the story from the media where context means nothing yet you still believe in what was said and not the manipulation that's fecking poetic.

"Neil Lennon expects

Taken out of context"

That's almost poetic.

3 hours ago, Romeo said:
6 hours ago, Spring Onion said:
emoji2359.png
Do you work for The Sun?
Want does not mean "Expecting"

Ask kingjoey, it made him lose the plot

I don't have a plot to lose as I have my own garden. 

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Ok.

So which other games should be adjusted based on gate receipts?

Should Hibs, who are losing out on their big gates against Hearts be allowed to manoeuvre a few fixtures to compensate?

Dundee Utd will be without the Dundee Derby, maybe they can stack up their games agaisnt the arse cheeks since it will get them a few quid more.

Remember, it’s not about money. It’s about football knowledge m9.

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Apparently thats another one away from the youth team, Josh Adam to Man City. Was meant to be quite a few clubs after him.

Not surprising really. Not much chance of breaking through in either team but a boatload more money if he signs down the road.

45 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Not surprising really. Not much chance of breaking through in either team but a boatload more money if he signs down the road.

Think Lennon has shown he gives youth a chance if your good enough but cant blame the lad if he's offered life changing money before his career has even really began. We lost a lad to Bayern last year as well so shows we must be doing something right.

12 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Assume you'll be in the market for a keeper with Forster's loan ending & Gordon rumoured to be off back home to Hearts? Can't envision you going with Bain as a starter.

I think there is hope we can get Forster but back personally I  can see another EPL team hoovering him up. He did come back for training however the other day which shows he must have some interest In staying. Bain for me us a capable enough deputy but I wouldn’t be comfortable as him being number 1. We were linked with some greek keeper the other day also.

44 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Think Lennon has shown he gives youth a chance if your good enough but cant blame the lad if he's offered life changing money before his career has even really began. We lost a lad to Bayern last year as well so shows we must be doing something right.

It's not just an issue of being good enough at Celtic. You have to take in to account the wages of the player he's hoping to replace. Lawell has shown he isn't happy to have someone on a massive wage in relative terms sitting on the bench.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

It's not just an issue of being good enough at Celtic. You have to take in to account the wages of the player he's hoping to replace. Lawell has shown he isn't happy to have someone on a massive wage in relative terms sitting on the bench.

Im not sure I follow you on that one? One of most recent academy players (Johnston) has been getting game time way ahead of a Ukrainian internationalist (Shved).  I do accept though when a manager splashes our a fee on a player they will most likely persevere with a olayer a bit more when a hefty fee has been paid.

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Im not sure I follow you on that one? One of most recent academy players (Johnston) has been getting game time way ahead of a Ukrainian internationalist (Shved).  I do accept though when a manager splashes our a fee on a player they will most likely persevere with a olayer a bit more when a hefty fee has been paid.

Maybe I'm being a little naive, but if there is the expectation that a manager should persevere with a player relative to the amount has been paid for them, then it could be argued they are not entirely free when making their team selections? 

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Don't mean Shved. I'm talking about the Sinclair, Lustig and Simunovic type players. The moment these young players are in about competing for places the manager is under pressure from Lawell to get rid of the player on higher wages.