The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I don't doubt that if you get him in a non football senario he is a great guy, and I do really mean that.

Aye. A guy who cheats on his wife, and mother of his children, with two women half his age, and then threatens one his mistresses with a knife if she talks, sounds like a really great guy.

Any abuse he gets for being an absolute dickhead is because we're all massive bigots and not because, you know, he's an absolute dickhead.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

The Celtic fans on here have just been given a myriad of reasons that fans of other clubs don't like Neil Lennon, but they don't accept that because in their eyes everybody hates him because he's a cafflick. They just can't get their heads round that, for all the reasons given by various posters on here, he is a dislikable character when it comes to football. I don't doubt that if you get him in a non football senario he is a great guy, and I do really mean that.

There was no need to bring religion into the debate,Lennon is a living legend at Celtic with the time hes spent and the trophies hes won.
Judging his character on 90 minutes of football can be a positive or a negative, hes never played the victim and because he doesn't back down it gets fans back up.   

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye. A guy who cheats on his wife, and mother of his children, with two women half his age, and then threatens one his mistresses with a knife if she talks, sounds like a really great guy.

Any abuse he gets for being an absolute dickhead is because we're all massive bigots and not because, you know, he's an absolute dickhead.

This is new information to me. 

2 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

This is new information to me. 

Don't worry, I'm sure all the Celtic fans will criticise him for it and not just round the wagons.

Apparently cheating on your wife, pumping other women in the bed you share with her, and threatening folk with knifes is all fine as long as you win a trophy as a Celtic employee. I'll get more abuse for this from Celtic fans than Lennon, somehow.

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I’m not sticking up for him, sounds a bit of a scumbag from what you say, but you’ve twisted this story for maximum effect.

He threatened her with a "knife to the throat", how have I twisted that?

Turns out he had previously cheated on his wife before, while she was pregnant, and actually got his mistress pregnant at the same time.

He doesnt deserve any abuse though, as he's really a nice guy deep down.

Met Neil Lennon once down Ashton lane when out one quiet afternoon with the Mrs. Place was dead.

He was having a quiet pint with his mrs and I assume his kid.

Didn’t really have a high opinion of him at this time.

We ended up going to the bar at the same time for some beers. Started chatting and he was an absolute gentleman.

Chatted about the thistle mostly him telling me that he thought Archie was doing a great job.

Spent about 10 mins chatting before going back to the table.

Can’t remember if he was out of work at this time or with hibs.

Felt a bit bad for thinking was was a tosser before I met him.

and then threatens one his mistresses with a knife if she talks

threatening folk with knifes

He threatened her with a "knife to the throat", how have I twisted that?

Mainly because you make it sound like he threatened someone with a knife, cause that’s what you said. There wasn’t a knife involved or a direct threat of a knife. I think he, unlike you, chose his words carefully as to not incriminate himself. I agree, though, he does sound like a c**t of a man.

CELTIC chief scout Nicky Hammond watched David Turnbull in Motherwell’s closed-doors warm-up against Kilmarnock last week.
he Scotland Under-21 midfielder saw a £3.2million switch to the champions collapse last summer after a medical examination detected a knee problem.

The deal was forced to be ditched as the 21-year-old went under the knife and he made his comeback for the Fir Park outfit in February before football went into cold storage the following month due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Now, though, it looks as though the Hoops could reignite their interest with top talent spotter Hammond watching the Fir Park encounter on Friday, according to a report in the Daily Mail.

Turnbull played for a full hour in the match before being substituted by Chris Long as his side eventually lost 3-2 to the Rugby Park men.

Neil Lennon remains an admirer of the youngster who agreed a new deal with the Lanarkshire side last season.

Turnbull knocked back an offer from Norwich City, who had just returned to England’s top flight last season, to agree a deal with the Hoops.

My ex girlfriend used to work with one of Lennons bits on the side during his Celtic playing days and I was dragged along to meet him and a few of his mates in a boozer. He seemed like a cock and his mates were absolute cocks but so are most lads on nights out, I lasted less than a pint before I legged it. 

Lennon gets abuse for several reasons IMO

1. Anyone who says he doesnt get abuse because hes Irish Catholic is a numpty. He clearly does but only from certain sections of society. Celtic fans claim this is the only reason he gets abuse which is clearly bullshite.

2. Hes a bad loser and a greetin faced c**t when he loses and seems to have a very bad temper, not  endearing qualities.

3. Hes seen as Mr. Celtic....supporter,player, captain, manager. Celtic win most things in Scotland and none of us like this or Celtic for that matter.

4. As Random guy has eluded ta, some of his off field or personal activity is questionable, I dont know much about that so I leave that there.

All in all it doesn't make for a very likeable person in fairness but does it justify the levels of abuse he gets sometimes, probably not. He does seem to have chilled since his return to Celtic but I'd imagine it's only a matter of time before he blows a gasket when something doesn't go his way.

I was happy when he was appointed Hibs boss but also happy when he left. Again all this is just my opinion and not fact 😂

Edited by Bohemian

5 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

My ex girlfriend used to work with one of Lennons bits on the side during his Celtic playing days and I was dragged along to meet him and a few of his mates in a boozer. He seemed like a cock and his mates were absolute cocks but so are most lads on nights out, I lasted less than a pint before I legged it. 

Lennon gets abuse for several reasons IMO

1. Anyone who says he doesnt get abuse because hes Irish Catholic is a numpty. He clearly does but only from certain sections of society. Celtic fans claim this is the only reason he gets abuse which is clearly bullshite.

2. Hes a bad loser and a greetin faced c**t when he loses and seems to have a very bad temper, not  endearing qualities.

3. Hes seen as Mr. Celtic....supporter,player, captain, manager. Celtic win most things in Scotland and none of us like this or Celtic for that matter.

4. As Random guy has eluded ta, some of his off field or personal activity is questionable, I dont know much about that so I leave that there.

All in all it doesn't make for a very likeable person in fairness but does it justify the levels of abuse he gets sometimes, probably not. He does seem to have chilled since his return to Celtic but I'd imagine it's only a matter of time before he blows a gasket when something doesn't go his way.

I was happy when he was appointed Hibs boss but also happy when he left. Again all this is just my opinion and not fact 😂

There's plenty of reasons to dislike Lennon as a football fan and give him some stick at the football.

It however strikes me as a waste of energy to genuinely hate someone you've never met, even if there is rumours around his personal life. Lennon is one that seems to attract genuine vitriol from people. 

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

There's plenty of reasons to dislike Lennon as a football fan and give him some stick at the football.

It however strikes me as a waste of energy to genuinely hate someone you've never met, even if there is rumours around his personal life. Lennon is one that seems to attract genuine vitriol from people. 

Again this probably should also be a discussion on how much abuse at the football is acceptable. You are correct there is plenty as a football fan to give his stick about but the incident like at Tynecastle and death threats etc..suggest it's not only about football and boarders on absolute hatred.

Edited by Bohemian

The Celtic fans on here have just been given a myriad of reasons that fans of other clubs don't like Neil Lennon, but they don't accept that because in their eyes everybody hates him because he's a cafflick. They just can't get their heads round that, for all the reasons given by various posters on here, he is a dislikable character when it comes to football. I don't doubt that if you get him in a non football senario he is a great guy, and I do really mean that.

"He celebrates too much"

4 minutes ago, Romeo said:
3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

"He celebrates to much"

Not IMO..

0_1.jpg

I think it’s very understandable why football fans hate him, due to the reasons many have mentioned in the past couple of pages. You also have to acknowledge the ridiculous amount of horrible staff that has happened to him with the bullets, bombs, death threats etc, I’m not saying that justifies some of his other behaviour but I think it is definitely a factor, if all that stuff didn’t happen he’d probably be a nicer guy. Obviously we’ll never know if that’s true or how different he would be. So basically, it’s fine to dislike him but I think it’s also daft to not acknowledge some of the reasons he’s unlikeable.

21 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Again this probably should also be a discussion on how much abuse at the football is acceptable. You are correct there is plenty as a football fan to give his stick about but the incident like at Tynecastle and death threats etc..suggest it's not only about football and boarders on absolute hatred.

Indeed, regardless of Lennon's personality I generally think if you're stood in a stadium going apoplectic at the man or feel the need to assault him, you're probably best not to be passing judgement on him or his character.