The Celtic All Seasons thread

27 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Nothing like Sinclair. Rodwell is complete pish.

To me it's about levels,was at the friendly game against Sunderland at the start of the season Sunderland were pish Celtic won the game 5-0.
Don't think rodwell was playing but mcgeady was and he was pish.
If you get caps at every level for England you are not pishImage result for thats your opinion gif

33 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

To me it's about levels,was at the friendly game against Sunderland at the start of the season Sunderland were pish Celtic won the game 5-0.
Don't think rodwell was playing but mcgeady was and he was pish.
If you get caps at every level for England you are not pishImage result for thats your opinion gif

Francis Jeffers? Carl Cort? Remind you of anything?

5 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

The rumour mill has Celtic linked to Jack Rodwell, which would be terrible.

FTFY (from a Celtic perspective). Could prove to be one of Celtic's worst ever January signings. Surely Desmond could spunk his cash on somebody better? 

Edited by jagfox99

9 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Francis Jeffers? Carl Cort? Remind you of anything?

I have no interest in English football stopped watching it about 3 or 4 years ago only remember him bursting on to the scene with everton didn't even know he went to man city.
 Both Rodwell and Sinclair went to man city and they're careers went sideways, Sinclair is enjoying his football again maybe Rodwell can do the same at Celtic.
But it's all just speculation.

Rodwell could be an absolute disaster but it really depends on context IMO.

If Celtic were looking to get him in to replace a key part of the midfield, say someone like Brown or Armstrong then f**k no. That's a terrible idea.

If they're looking to offload/cash in on someone like Bitton, for example, then why not? If Rodwell's contract at Sunderland gets cancelled and he ends up with a pay-off then given the fact that surely no club who are going to pay equivalent wages will touch him, who knows? The sort of package Celtic could offer might be quite appealing. It'd presumably allow the club to build in suitable clauses for when it goes tits up too.

Rodwell's attitude seems to be the main issue tbh. Saint Brendan might be the guy to get the best out him.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I have no interest in English football stopped watching it about 3 or 4 years ago only remember him bursting on to the scene with everton didn't even know he went to man city.
 Both Rodwell and Sinclair went to man city and they're careers went sideways, Sinclair is enjoying his football again maybe Rodwell can do the same at Celtic.
But it's all just speculation.

You said you cannot be pish if you've played through all the  young age levels for England. I gave you 2 names, one of which played for the team you take great interest in. I'll let you into a secret, he was pish.

24 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

You said you cannot be pish if you've played through all the  young age levels for England. I gave you 2 names, one of which played for the team you take great interest in. I'll let you into a secret, he was pish.

Didn't rate jeffers don't remember cort,for me rodwell was a better prospect at his time and a better player than the 2 you have mentioned i haven't see him play for 4 or 5 years so i can only judge the player from his everton days.

2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Liam Henderson is off to Italy!  He's signed a permanent deal with Bari in Serie B.  I looked it up and they are in the promotion race at the moment

http://www.celticfc.net/news/13840

Seen this myself. Was always impressed with Henderson  when we played Hibs in the Championship. Also really impressed that he has the balls to move to Bari. Good opportunity for the lad to learn a new style of football, culture and language.

I sincerely hope it works out well for him and he goes on to have a great career.

33 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Apparently Celtic have put in a bid for another 32 years old, left sided centre-half Dusko tosic from Besiktas 3 million euro.
Sad to see Henderson go hope he makes it.

I like Henderson but he was never able to elevate himself into that top group of midfielders at Celtic, the likes of Rogic and McGregor developed faster than he did and he found himself too far down the depth chart.  I wish him well, this is a high risk but potentially very high reward move.  If he applies himself and gets regular game time in Serie B he will learn a lot and could develop a lot more than he could at say a Hibs or an Aberdeen.  

36 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Apparently Celtic have put in a bid for another 32 years old, left sided centre-half Dusko tosic from Besiktas 3 million euro.
Sad to see Henderson go hope he makes it.

I'm genuinely surprised that we haven't gone in for Steven Caulker.  I know he's had his issues but Brendan could be the perfect manager to get him back on form., plus he's only 26 and a free agent