The Celtic All Seasons thread

Let's just say that both sets of fans (collectively, not individually) could do a whole lot more to tackle racism (which sectarianism is) and leave it at that. It's not a competition. Jesus, there's a derby match next week. How about talking about that.

5 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Let's just say that both sets of fans (collectively, not individually) could do a whole lot more to tackle racism (which sectarianism is) and leave it at that. It's not a competition. Jesus, there's a derby match next week. How about talking about that.

I really hate this both side of the same coin argument when it comes to bigotry in Scotland 

Funnily enough some people get upset at Celtic fans pro Palestine and refugee stance

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I really hate this both side of the same coin argument when it comes to bigotry in Scotland 

Funnily enough some people get upset at Celtic fans pro Palestine and refugee stance

I really hate bigotry in Scotland. To all those involved, get a fucking grip. It's the 21st century.

7 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

I really hate bigotry in Scotland. To all those involved, get a fucking grip. It's the 21st century.

The uncomfortable truth is anti catholic bigotry is a normalised part of Scottish society 

Scotland has had issues with its catholic minority for generations now

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

The uncomfortable truth is anti catholic bigotry is a normalised part of Scottish society 

Scotland has had issues with its catholic minority for generations now

Glasgow society, not Scottish society. And 100% of that is because of Celtic and Rangers. I know I'm pissing in the wind here. Bigotry from both sides of the divide won't stop. You need them, like they need you. It is a blight on all of Scotland but, and this may be hard for you to believe, anti-catholic and anti-protestant bigotry is not a thing where I live. 

7 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

We live in a multicultural society the people that don't accept that are the problem, which is probably the majority of this wee country.
The ignorance and the understanding of being multicultural creates racism.

12 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Glasgow society, not Scottish society. And 100% of that is because of Celtic and Rangers. I know I'm pissing in the wind here. Bigotry from both sides of the divide won't stop. You need them, like they need you. It is a blight on all of Scotland but, and this may be hard for you to believe, anti-catholic and anti-protestant bigotry is not a thing where I live. 

It’s 100% a Scotland problem, and that is one of the issues with it people like to pretend it’s not 

What divide are we talking about here?

Reality is protestants don’t suffer from the same kind of discrimination and abuse the minority catholic population does 

Anyone trying to suggest it’s an equal problem is either lying or deeply ignorant 

EDIT: Don’t forget the traditional annual anti catholic marches we have   

Edited by Clown Job

10 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Naive take to suggest it's just a Glasgow issue.

You see this in Lanarkshire in places like Larkhall, West Lothian in places like Armadale, across Ayrshire and Clackmannanshire. 

I don't for a second think it pollutes every town in Scotland but it certainly doesn't begin and end in Glasgow

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Naive take to suggest it's just a Glasgow issue.

You see this in Lanarkshire in places like Larkhall, West Lothian in places like Armadale, across Ayrshire and Clackmannanshire. 

I don't for a second think it pollutes every town in Scotland but it certainly doesn't begin and end in Glasgow

One of the biggest OO marches was in Fife 

26 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

It most certainly is a Scottish societal problem, theres oo marches all over the shop. I can only assume you are nearly as blinkered as them to think otherwise.

Edited by gannonball

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

It most certainly is a Scottish societal problem, theres oo marches all over the shop. I can only assume you are nearly as blinkered as them to think otherwise.

There’s 34 happening in Glasgow on sept 14th. No doubt will pass peacefully 

star-wars-polar-bears.gif

The problem with situations like this is that it quickly becomes a Celtic vs Rangers argument, when in reality it should just be a case of decent people vs racist scum.

The constant whataboutery from Rangers fans, and some of our own fans tagging Glen Kamara (as if he has a personal responsibility to call it out because he was racially abused himself) is cringeworthy.

Kyogo for the hat trick next weekend.

Edited by S7C

The amount of Rangers fan social media posts about how you shouldn’t document what happens on a bus if you’re going to post it really is a tell.

“What happens on the bus stays on the bus.”

”imagine dobbing in your fellow fans”

I’m glad some of the Rangers fans on here that have broached the subject have condemned the actions.