The Celtic All Seasons thread

17 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Reo Ratate

The 25-year-old Japan international, a key player for Celtic since joining from Kawasaki Frontale in January last year, has been linked with rejoining former boss Ange Postecoglou at Spurs this summer.

In an interview with Goal.com,, external Hatate said: “If there is a chance to step up, I would like to play in various leagues. “As a football player, I think everyone wants to play at a high level throughout the season.

“It's really big there [in Scotland]. When I was in the J League, I thought it was impossible to want to play in the five major leagues.

“However, because I was able to achieve a certain amount of results throughout the season with Celtic, I started to think that I would like to challenge myself next time.

If there is a chance, I would like to take on the challenge.

“Of course, if I stay with this team, I can have a lot of good experiences and next season there will be Champions League. I think that by always standing at the top and fighting I will be mentally stronger, so there are many good points even if I stay.

“However, since I was able to experience it properly, I have a desire to play in another league.”

A player from the other side of the world having the audacity to leave Celtic to progress his career at a higher level, what a rat.

19 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Reo Ratate

The 25-year-old Japan international, a key player for Celtic since joining from Kawasaki Frontale in January last year, has been linked with rejoining former boss Ange Postecoglou at Spurs this summer.

In an interview with Goal.com,, external Hatate said: “If there is a chance to step up, I would like to play in various leagues. “As a football player, I think everyone wants to play at a high level throughout the season.

“It's really big there [in Scotland]. When I was in the J League, I thought it was impossible to want to play in the five major leagues.

“However, because I was able to achieve a certain amount of results throughout the season with Celtic, I started to think that I would like to challenge myself next time.

If there is a chance, I would like to take on the challenge.

“Of course, if I stay with this team, I can have a lot of good experiences and next season there will be Champions League. I think that by always standing at the top and fighting I will be mentally stronger, so there are many good points even if I stay.

“However, since I was able to experience it properly, I have a desire to play in another league.”

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Bit harsh on Hatate that mate. 

4 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

Major doubt's over the transfers the rat made the first time around.

Dembele, Sinclair were the first 2 he signed who were outstanding. It went a bit to shit when Congerton came in as head of recruitment the following March.

He won’t be anywhere near us this time around, Mark Lawell will stay in charge of recruitment 

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Dembele, Sinclair were the first 2 he signed who were outstanding. It went a bit to shit when Congerton came in as head of recruitment the following March.

He won’t be anywhere near us this time around, Mark Lawell will stay in charge of recruitment 

I don't want to see fecking loan signings again.
Ange has built a very good squad just the same as Delia did, if it stagnates under the rat with false promises again we could find yourselves in a worse position again.
I like the football he wants the players to play not as direct as Ange more possession based plus his in-game management is better than Ange was.

Edited by willywastecoat

14 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

I don't want to see fecking loan signings again.
Ange has built a very good squad just the same as Delia did, if it stagnates under the rat with false promises again we could find yourselves in a worse position again.
I like the football he wants the players to play not as direct as Ange more possession based plus his in-game management is better than Ange was.

I don’t think we are in the same position as we were then however we have had quite a number of loan signings when Ange was in charge too. CCV, Jota, Maeda, Jenz, Iwata and Abilgaard all initial loans.

The squad imo is better, the recruitment philosophy is also different. I think his biggest job initially is to try retain as much of the squad as he can especially Hatate and Abada

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The squad imo is better, the recruitment philosophy is also different. I think his biggest job initially is to try retain as much of the squad as he can especially Hatate and Abada

Sorry M8 maybe I didn't make my point clear he didn't make the squad better the last time the rat was in charge, again the squad is in place this time he needs to make it better not stagnate and leave another manager to pick up the wreckage.
My main worry would be McGregor, Abada can be replaced agree with Hatate.

Just now, willywastecoat said:

It's very hard to give him credit for any decent signings, Sinclair is the only one for me,Dembele and Ajer were already on their way.

I wouldnt be so sure about Dembele being over the line by that point. He was hot property so doubt he would have signed for a team not knowing who was coming in.

Anyway fantastic news today, has definitely softened the blow of Ange leaving.

24 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I wouldnt be so sure about Dembele being over the line by that point. He was hot property so doubt he would have signed for a team not knowing who was coming in.

Anyway fantastic news today, has definitely softened the blow of Ange leaving.

The rat has timed it perfectly again you could say Celtic have already hit their glass ceiling after the Ange treble, the invincble season was his first season under the rat and his glass ceiling it was down hill after that M8.
We all want Celtic to do better in Europe and continue the great work Ange has put in place, I have my doubts he can keep us at the top after he rides on the previous success.

10 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

The rat has timed it perfectly again you could say Celtic have already hit their glass ceiling after the Ange treble, the invincble season was his first season under the rat and his glass ceiling it was down hill after that M8.
We all want Celtic to do better in Europe and continue the great work Ange has put in place, I have my doubts he can keep us at the top after he rides on the previous success.

It would be well nigh impossible for Brendan to do worse than Postegoclu as Celtic manager in Europe. I think Celtic are set fair after a fantastic summer. They've lost Postecoglu and replaced him with an upgrade. 

10 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

With the level of investment he is rumoured to be being backed with he has to keep up as the top. £35 mil + potential top ups from the sales of KT and Frimpong while Rangers are fishing in the EFL free transfer pond?

For me it’s quite an exciting time, the foundation is solid, the squad is good, the money is there and this time we should be aiming as high as we can which has to be Europe

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

With the level of investment he is rumoured to be being backed with he has to keep up as the top. £35 mil + potential top ups from the sales of KT and Frimpong while Rangers are fishing in the EFL free transfer pond?

For me it’s quite an exciting time, the foundation is solid, the squad is good, the money is there and this time we should be aiming as high as we can which has to be Europe

Postewho?

Seriously, will 35M quid be enough to ensure you beat Forfar if you get drawn against them in a cup?

Or enough to beat RossCo or Motherwell or Aberdeen in the league?

Gonna be a tough season for you guys, anything less than 10-0 wins weekly will be a failure.

37 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You have made good points M8, the rats best attribute is his in-game management the ability to change a game when it is going against him plus he has the squad to do that this time,this squad also has the experience of champions league football which will make them more aware to what is required at that level.
Celtic should be able to take a scalp or two next season but it's not because we appointed a rat it's because of what has been built over the last two seasons to get to this point.
My point is what can the rat do to improve that,his recruitment was fecking shockingly bad the last time around, no improvement was made and we regressed.
We also know the rat is only out for himself, left through the back door with the board taking the rewards.
The success is already been built what state is he going to leave us in this time.