The Celtic All Seasons thread

Just now, kennie makevin said:

Regardless, he is bored of playing for Celtic.  As any properly ambitious player from overseas who hasn't had to endure from infancy the lie of how 'massive' Celtic are would be after a year or two of predictably beating the same 11 teams again and again and again.  And that isn't a criticism of Celtic. Nothing they can do about and not their fault,  just the way things are for a club that actually aren't very 'massive' at all.

Didn’t realise you and Jota were so close. 

2 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Crazy money, fair play.

He goes and gets loaded at a jiyners league and gets to be a show pony all his days.

Even if he went to the Premier League I couldn’t see any club paying him a 6 figure a week salary so this sort of money is nuts and the climate will surely appeal.

Hopefully we get a decent fee back, he’s only 1 year into his contract so we should be pushing them for as much as we can, we know they have it. 

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

I'm not usually arsed about kits but what in the hell is this. Adidas must be conducting a social experiment to see if anyone will actually buy it.

20230630_083628.jpg

Celtic must be one of the easiest home kits to appease the fan base, just basic green and white hoops, f**k knows what adidas were thinking because that's awful.

54 minutes ago, ahemps said:

Is the consensus that Jota is going to a lower level by going to the Saudi league????

47 minutes ago, gannonball said:

They are hoovering up players left right and centre so I wouldn't say so.

I'm probably fairly ignorant to the standard of the Saudi League, but I don't think I'd be adding too much weight to the expectation that the standard is going to increase significantly. Players are going there for an easy pay day and won't be under the same pressures to perform like they are in other leagues, IMO.

As I said, maybe it's an ignorant view of mine but I'd still think it is a drop in quality for the majority of players heading there, including Jota.

11 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Celtic must be one of the easiest home kits to appease the fan base, just basic green and white hoops, f**k knows what adidas were thinking because that's awful.

Maybe they've done their market research and they're going to shift millions of these things in Kyoto and Osaka.

12 minutes ago, AJF said:

I'm probably fairly ignorant to the standard of the Saudi League, but I don't think I'd be adding too much weight to the expectation that the standard is going to increase significantly. Players are going there for an easy pay day and won't be under the same pressures to perform like they are in other leagues, IMO.

As I said, maybe it's an ignorant view of mine but I'd still think it is a drop in quality for the majority of players heading there, including Jota.

I would agree they won't be playing under the same pressures but they are signing alot of top players in their prime. A bit like the Chinese league though the local players won't really be anywhere near them. It's going to be very strange.

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Look at the players that have moved there in the past fortnight alone.

56 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Saving this gif for when we sign Duk 

As if you'd pay the fee 🤣

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Look at the players that have moved there in the past fortnight alone.

Totally get that, just don’t feel their obviously quality will be supplemented enough by the quality of their team mates to warrant any significant rise in the standard.

For example, I’d be surprised if Jota’s new side would beat Celtic in a competitive tie.