The Celtic All Seasons thread

30 minutes ago, AJF said:

Another instance of not being able to have an opinion on something because “x, y or z happened with you guys”.

If you prohibit everyone from holding an opinion about something because they/their club/their fans have done something similar in the past then this forum would be an awfully quiet place.

In what way have I prohibited you, or stopped you having an opinion? You seem to value the right to express your opinion, rightly so, but seem a little less keen that I should also have the right to express my differing opinion.

The problem I have with your philosophy is that it demands that we should all desist from commenting on Rangers' liquidation, just to suit you and your fellow supporters, as it still makes you so uncomfortable, poor wee souls. I for one, intend bringing it up at every available opportunity, so I suggest those who are offended by any reference to the death of your old defunct club should stop reading my posts, or ask a mod to remove them. It remains the most seismic event in Scottish football history, a matter that affects every club in our nation, and a topic that shouldn't be shut down just because you and your fellow fans are agitated to be reminded of it eleven years later.

10 minutes ago, Squonk said:

In what way have I prohibited you, or stopped you having an opinion? You seem to value the right to express your opinion, rightly so, but seem a little less keen that I should also have the right to express my differing opinion.

The problem I have with your philosophy is that it demands that we should all desist from commenting on Rangers' liquidation, just to suit you and your fellow supporters, as it still makes you so uncomfortable, poor wee souls. I for one, intend bringing it up at every available opportunity, so I suggest those who are offended by any reference to the death of your old defunct club should stop reading my posts, or ask a mod to remove them. It remains the most seismic event in Scottish football history, a matter that affects every club in our nation, and a topic that shouldn't be shut down just because you and your fellow fans are agitated to be reminded of it eleven years later.

You are way off. I have no intention of prohibiting anyone talking about any event in Scottish football - that's the sole purpose of this forum in the first place.

I just find it tedious and hypocritical when people suggest that me giving my opinion on something should be disregarded or is somewhat diminished just because something happened to do with Rangers previously.

You're essentially saying I lack awareness and am hypocritical in calling Rodgers a liar and saying he embellishes, just because of events that happened over a decade ago (your initial post wasn't even clear that's what you were referring to).

Similarly, it was also recently implied that I lacked awareness for poking fun at Celtic's recent loss to Kilmarnock in the cup just because Kilmarnock also happened to beat us on the opening day.

Like, where do we draw the line? If I'm told I "lack awareness" for calling someone a liar due to events that happened at Rangers a decade ago, could I suggest a Motherwell fan is lacking awareness for celebrating their 1-0 win over Hearts on Sunday because Hearts happened to beat Motherwell 1-0 on the 21st of October 2012?

Is a Dundee Utd fan lacking awareness for slagging Rangers for getting beat 7-2 on aggregate against Dutch side PSV because they got beat 7-1 on aggregate against Dutch side AZ Alkmaar?

Is a Celtic fan lacking awareness for slagging Rangers for losing the Europa League final last year when they themselves lost a UEFA cup final in 2003?

No, it's not lacking awareness, it's just simply poking fun at rival fans in the moment due to certain events that happen.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Like, where do we draw the line? If I'm told I "lack awareness" for calling someone a liar due to events that happened at Rangers a decade ago,

You should maybe draw the line at calling a manager a liar when your own manager bullshits on a weekly basis. 

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rodgers would be off like a shot to Saudi Arabia if he had the chance, surely nobody doesnt believe that?

He had the chance, had a couple of interviews with the team that eventually signed Gerrard, and knocked them back.  

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

You should maybe draw the line at calling a manager a liar when your own manager bullshits on a weekly basis. 

On 04/09/2023 at 08:28, AJF said:

His managerial ability aside, he really needs some media training badly. He talks nonsense far too often and leaves himself open for things coming back to bite him.

Too many times already he has been caught contradicting himself and making false promises.

Why can't I have an opinion on both of them? I've already called Beale out for talking nonsense. Why should I draw the line with Rodgers?

17 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

He had the chance, had a couple of interviews with the team that eventually signed Gerrard, and knocked them back.  

And whos claimed that?

The fact that every player/manager linked with a move has it leaked weeks before, and theres not a single mention of Rodgers to Al-Ettifaq, surely makes you realise hes waffling again?

Hes got a huge history of juat flat out lying to make himself look better, claiming a club wanted him then had to settle for Gerrard is quite obviously an attempt at "winning" over something Rangers related.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

And whos claimed that?

The fact that every player/manager linked with a move has it leaked weeks before, and theres not a single mention of Rodgers to Al-Ettifaq, surely makes you realise hes waffling again?

You know for a fact that no one has ever had interviews with clubs and it hasn’t been leaked to the press? 

42 minutes ago, AJF said:

I just find it tedious and hypocritical when people suggest that me giving my opinion on something should be disregarded or is somewhat diminished just because something happened to do with Rangers previously.

You're essentially saying I lack awareness and am hypocritical in calling Rodgers a liar and saying he embellishes, just because of events that happened over a decade ago (your initial post wasn't even clear that's what you were referring to).

It's only natural that your opinion on lying and embellishment is going to be diminished, not to mention hypocritical, if you've indulged in them yourself regarding Rangers surviving liquidation. As for me being tedious, I'm proud of that one, although I much prefer the word tenacious.

Edit: I'll leave it there so as not to clog up this thread, but reserve the right to bring the subject up again any time anywhere.

Edited by Squonk

13 minutes ago, Squonk said:

It's only natural that your opinion on lying and embellishment is going to be diminished, not to mention hypocritical, if you've indulged in them yourself regarding Rangers surviving liquidation

Feel free to have a look through my posts to provide proof of that assertion.

18 minutes ago, Squonk said:

It's only natural that your opinion on lying and embellishment is going to be diminished, not to mention hypocritical, if you've indulged in them yourself regarding Rangers surviving liquidation. As for me being tedious, I'm proud of that one, although I much prefer the word tenacious.

Edit: I'll leave it there so as not to clog up this thread, but reserve the right to bring the subject up again any time anywhere.

This is up there as one of the biggest VL comments I've ever read on this forum. 

17 minutes ago, AJF said:

Feel free to have a look through my posts to provide proof of that assertion.

If you're confirming that you believe Rangers Football Club did not survive liquidation as the same club then I sincerely apologise for my false accusations and for casting aspersions on your opinions.

46 minutes ago, Squonk said:

12 minutes ago, Squonk said:

If you're confirming that you believe Rangers Football Club did not survive liquidation as the same club then I sincerely apologise for my false accusations and for casting aspersions on your opinions.

9 minutes ago, Squonk said:

Then I guess you don't do sarcasm, humour or self-deprecation.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Tbf most celtic fans that I know were fed up with Brendan Rodgers lying/telling tall tales and found it embarrassing.  I'm sure that a few PnB celtic fans also said the same.  

There are Celtic fans that don't just blindly defend anything Celtic related regardless of what it is?

Sorry don't believe that.

15 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

To come out with a statement about morality officers when the women and homosexuals of Saudi live under the tyranny of genuine morality officers is disgusting.

Perhaps the interviewer should’ve asked him what he thinks of the tyranny both women and homosexuals of Saudi have to live under. 
That is way he could’ve answered that specific question. 

21 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Perhaps the interviewer should’ve asked him what he thinks of the tyranny both women and homosexuals of Saudi have to live under. 
That is way he could’ve answered that specific question. 

Not really relevant. He was dismissive of peoples concerns presumably because he knows and likes Jordan Henderson.