The Celtic All Seasons thread

14 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s not the support forcing him out at all, he was welcomed back with a huge ovation. It’s the pressure put on him and his family from back home that’s forcing him to evaluate his options.

The pressure is being put on him because of your fanbase. So you can't glibly say that it's not down to your wonderful fans.

28 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The pressure is being put on him because of your fanbase. So you can't glibly say that it's not down to your wonderful fans.

Of course it's not down to Celtic's wonderful fans. Celtic don't have any wonderful fans.

29 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I wonder what the ovation would have been like if the mentalists had been losing to rangers at that time. Very different I'm sure. Good luck to Abada, a very good player.

49 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

16 minutes ago, well again said:

I wonder what the ovation would have been like if the mentalists had been losing to rangers at that time. Very different I'm sure. Good luck to Abada, a very good player.

I know @Hoose Ricehas made a rip roaring arse of himself (again) over this yesterday but people are really clutching at straws here over the Abada situation with takes like this. The majority of our fans base like a lot of the world  do not agree with the IDF's actions of late, but it would be ridiculous to single out someone who just happens to come from the country who's government/army are carrying out these atrocities. Having said that I understand why Abada doesn't want to play for us at present but has stayed pretty quiet on the matter to probably avoid giving morons any further oxygen over it.

Edited by gannonball

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

I know @Hoose Ricehas made a rip roaring arse of himself (again) over this yesterday but people are really clutching at straws here over the Abada situation with takes like this. The majority of our fans base like a lot of the world  do not agree with the IDF's actions of late, but it would be ridiculous to single out someone who just happens to come from the country who's government/army are carrying out these atrocities. Having said that I understand why Abada doesn't want to play for us at present but has stayed pretty quiet on the matter to probably avoid giving morons any further oxygen over it.

"Clutching at straws"? If Celtic fans hadn't come out with their political views about Palestine, no one with Abada's well-being at heart would be pushing for him to leave the club. 

Just now, kingjoey said:

"Clutching at straws"? If Celtic fans hadn't come out with their political views about Palestine, no one with Abada's well-being at heart would be pushing for him to leave the club. 

People shouldn't speak out about genocide/occupation etc because it might upset a player? Some take this.

36 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

What do you disagree with @LuboMoravcik?

The pressure on Abada is not down to our fan base. It's part of a number of variables which includes the wide support for Palestine, but specifying our fan base as the only reason like you have is inaccurate.

Always found it strange that people find the football as the perfect place to express their political views.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

People shouldn't speak out about genocide/occupation etc because it might upset a player? Some take this.

Great way to change the subject. The point I’m making, which you know very well, is that Abada would almost certainly be happy to stay at the club were it not for your fans. Folk saying that the fans haven’t forced him out are completely wrong. You know I’m not saying that people shouldn’t speak out about what they perceive to be happening in case they upset a player, but when the fans do that they can’t turn round and say they haven’t forced the player out. 

28 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

The pressure on Abada is not down to our fan base. It's part of a number of variables which includes the wide support for Palestine, but specifying our fan base as the only reason like you have is inaccurate.

Aye, ok. Nothing to do with us, squire.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I mean, I literally said the opposite. 😂

14 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Always found it strange that people find the football as the perfect place to express their political views.

Not something I'm into myself but historically football and politics have often intertwined.

2 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

The pressure on Abada is not down to our fan base. 

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

2 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

I mean, I literally said the opposite. 😂

1 minute ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Quote the full post next time and you won't look like such a fanny. Cheers.

Your first full sentence was "The pressure on Abada is not down to our fan base."

Just now, kingjoey said:

Your first full sentence was "The pressure on Abada is not down to our fan base."

The first sentence isn't the full point, but you knew that already. I'm certain you don't struggle with reading comprehension as much as it's coming across right now, trying to focus in on one sentence as if the rest of the point wasn't made.