Work colleagues

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That can't be the whole story, nobody, as far as I know, has the right to work from home unless it's specifically in a contract. Is he claiming disability or something?

not that i know of, but i was so incandescent as she was telling me the story that i probably missed some important bits !

i get the impression that he's just fucking with the semantics of the contract, but then her whole working environment leaves me speechless most of the time - you cannot begin to imagine the waste, inefficiency, bureaucratic bollocks and red tape that leaves the whole operation hamstrung on a day to day basis and haemorrhaging money - it's just staggering...

story from Mrs H this week - she works in the payroll dept of the local council
there's a bloke who applied for, was offered, and accepted a job as a classroom assistant at one of the local junior schools
he has insisted on "being able to work from home" as it does not say - specifically - in his contract of work that his work as a classroom assistant has to be done in a classroom - clearly this renders him completely fucking useless
they will end up paying him just to f**k off, rather than going through the courts to fight him, as it will work out cheaper; all the time his is "in situ" there is no budget to replace him (to employ two people to fill the same position) , so the school is short-handed, the kids suffer and the workload spread amongst fewer staff than it should be; the payout will come - obviously - straight out of the public purse, thus diminishing the available funds for other services
what a complete, utter and absolute fucking c**t of the highest order he must be - i have offered to simply go round and kick the b*****d up and down the road which has thus far, unfortunately, been declined... 

Surely they created a job description? Mad.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Although this guy does sound like a Class A c**t, sounds as though the council are learning the hard way never to assume anything and write clear job descriptions to avoid thundering cockwombles like this guy from taking advantage of the situation

Guy in my place's last day before going away on holiday today - you'd genuinely think no-one had ever finished up for a fortnight before. Unfortunately he's one of those ones who thinks the place will fall apart without him, and kept on saying he was away for about an hour and a half before he actually left

Just as he was - finally - leaving, he pointed at his computer and asked:

"Would you prefer if I shut off or logged off?"

"To be honest at this point we'd prefer it if you fucked off"

story from Mrs H this week - she works in the payroll dept of the local council
there's a bloke who applied for, was offered, and accepted a job as a classroom assistant at one of the local junior schools
he has insisted on "being able to work from home" as it does not say - specifically - in his contract of work that his work as a classroom assistant has to be done in a classroom - clearly this renders him completely fucking useless
they will end up paying him just to f**k off, rather than going through the courts to fight him, as it will work out cheaper; all the time his is "in situ" there is no budget to replace him (to employ two people to fill the same position) , so the school is short-handed, the kids suffer and the workload spread amongst fewer staff than it should be; the payout will come - obviously - straight out of the public purse, thus diminishing the available funds for other services
what a complete, utter and absolute fucking c**t of the highest order he must be - i have offered to simply go round and kick the b*****d up and down the road which has thus far, unfortunately, been declined... 

He can be dismissed so long as the dismissal isn’t based on any discriminatory grounds, which presumably it isn’t. No need for a payout of any kind.

17 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The Job Title "Classroom Assistant" would already be enough to defeat his argument even without a Job Description.  I can only assume there is more to this than meets the eye.  

On 24/08/2018 at 15:53, Herman Hessian said:

Her whole working environment leaves me speechless most of the time - you cannot begin to imagine the waste, inefficiency, bureaucratic bollocks and red tape that leaves the whole operation hamstrung on a day to day basis and haemorrhaging money - it's just staggering...

Mainly folk sitting around the HR department tweeting bollocks I assume.

I was sitting with a couple of Celtic fans in my work the other day, one maybe about 21, the other one a bit older.  The older guy plays in goals with an amateur team and, during their conversation, he started to slag the young one about the "goalkeepers union".  I was intrigued by this and asked the older guy what he was slagging him for? 

The guy who was the goalie explained  "I was talking to someone in here one day about a goalkeeping error and backed up the goalkeeper.  The guy I was talking to said thats exactly what you would expect of a fellow goalie as part of the goalkeepers union.   The younger fan, lets call him Tim, had overheard this chat and said "whats this about a union".   So, me and the other guy I was talking to, realised we had an opportunity for a bit of a laugh and basically told Tim that there was a separate union for goalkeepers away from the normal players union and that, because goalkeepers weren't as common as outfield players, this union had a fair bit of power with managers.  He told Tim that when Craig Gordon was making a few mistakes at Celtic Park and was going to get dropped/sold that the Goalies Union contacted Brendon Rodgers and basically pressured him into continuing to play Gordon or they could make it very difficult for Rodgers to sign another keeper.  Tim completely bought this and we forgot about it only for Tim to pop up a few months later to say he'd mentioned it to someone on his supporters bus who confirmed it was indeed a load of shite".

I laughed.

I have a foreman that I cannot tolerate, ex forces, has his own wee daft routines. He is also a c**t when it comes to holidays and covering saturdays for me. He is salaried, and doesnt get paid for them, even though his contract states he must do them if required. He also does race marshalling (voluntary) at either knockhill or east fortune every weekend, for which he marks on the yearly planner the minute its put on the wall. He's got a fair few bob in the bank as well from his navy pension, and a brand new audi TT, he pretty much doesn't need to be working full time.

I have a foreman that I cannot tolerate, ex forces, has his own wee daft routines. He is also a c**t when it comes to holidays and covering saturdays for me. He is salaried, and doesnt get paid for them, even though his contract states he must do them if required. He also does race marshalling (voluntary) at either knockhill or east fortune every weekend, for which he marks on the yearly planner the minute its put on the wall. He's got a fair few bob in the bank as well from his navy pension, and a brand new audi TT, he pretty much doesn't need to be working full time.

Tesco employed?