Work colleagues

8 minutes ago, philpy said:

I've been getting a couple of new guys settled in, and getting them organised to work Saturday mornings on their own, but one of them claims he can only work the same Saturday as his wife (who works at a sister company branch about 5 miles away) so they can use the one car. They both have their own cars and work at different places anyway, so what's the difference for one fucking day??

Got to think of the environment bro, this guy has the right idea.

19 minutes ago, philpy said:

I've been getting a couple of new guys settled in, and getting them organised to work Saturday mornings on their own, but one of them claims he can only work the same Saturday as his wife (who works at a sister company branch about 5 miles away) so they can use the one car. They both have their own cars and work at different places anyway, so what's the difference for one fucking day??

He just wants a drink on a Friday night and to get a lift in the next morning so he can arrive safely , give the lad a break . 

9205BBC8-4C3B-41BA-B876-2D2F8EE9ECAE.gif

Edited by Arthur daley

Got an ex colleague who applies for various jobs, gets the interview (one even flew him down to Leicester, hotels food etc for 2 days), he then gets made the offer then rejects them as he never had any intention of taking the job.

He sees it as getting his name out there and just politely declines.....its utter madness?!?!?!?! i explained to him you are just wasting peoples time and that those companies will NEVER want to touch him with a bargepole ever again, but he thinks nothing of it.

Edited by red23

8 hours ago, red23 said:

Got an ex colleague who applies for various jobs, gets the interview (one even flew him down to Leicester, hotels food etc for 2 days), he then gets made the offer then rejects them as he never had any intention of taking the job.

I worked beside a guy who would apply for the job every time a football manager got sacked. As he had zero qualifications he never got anywhere but he had an impressive stack of reject letters on club notepaper.

We had a suspected thief working in the pub one time. We didn't have secure lockers and folk just hung coats and bags in a cloakroom. The manager photocopied a fiver, put it in the coat nearest door and kept the copy behind the bar. The guy finished his shift and went to change it for the machine. Police called, sacked, called a c**t by everyone. Good day's work for the boy. 

18 minutes ago, coprolite said:

We had a suspected thief working in the pub one time. We didn't have secure lockers and folk just hung coats and bags in a cloakroom. The manager photocopied a fiver, put it in the coat nearest door and kept the copy behind the bar. The guy finished his shift and went to change it for the machine. Police called, sacked, called a c**t by everyone. Good day's work for the boy. 

064D3EA0-7D18-4224-8104-3E0D23309923.jpeg

10 hours ago, red23 said:

He sees it as getting his name out there and just politely declines.....its utter madness?!?!?!?! i explained to him you are just wasting peoples time and that those companies will NEVER want to touch him with a bargepole ever again, but he thinks nothing of it.

Even to this day interviews still stress me out, despite having to do them a lot as a contractor, I don't know why anyone would put themselves through that. Also, if you turn up acting like you don't give a f**k, it's very easy to tell so won't get offered anyway. 

8 hours ago, OneBrianIrvine said:

Colleague was photocopying some professional certificates one day when I mused that their surname was spelt wrong.

No they replied, that’s how it’s spelt. Apparently IT set up their email wrong when they were hired and subsequently everybody else followed suit therefore every bit of paper with their name on it company wide was incorrect.

They didn’t understand why I found it strange they hadn’t requested a correction two years previously.

Genuinely didn’t think it was an issue.

It would have driven.me.mad.

I have more than one student whose name appears officially on the university systems as:

.,Firstname Lastname

The punctuation marks before their first names always put them to the top of any alphabetical list, but that would drive me barmy.

53 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Even to this day interviews still stress me out, despite having to do them a lot as a contractor, I don't know why anyone would put themselves through that. Also, if you turn up acting like you don't give a f**k, it's very easy to tell so won't get offered anyway. 

I generally prefer the interviews to the actual job.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:
2 hours ago, thistledo said:

Some folk must be the absolute dogs bollocks in interviews.

We had a colleague who was worse than useless. We used to joke that he was a minus one FTE as we all had to help out to cover his dreadful work. To give an example, in class a student would ask a question. He would say "give me a minute to find out" and would google the answer in front of the whole class, then read out whatever he found. He did hardly any research either. 

The uni realised this and started negotiating an exit package with him. He took a nice redundancy package, and turned up a month later at Strathclyde doing the same job. As far as I know he is still there. 

5 hours ago, thistledo said:

I was the same, stressed to the 99s. Having said that I was offered three of the jobs which had a formal interview process, took 2 of them. Three of the others were recommendations/casual interview/semi formal interviews. Took all them, too.

One of my colleagues is an incredibly staunch Rangers fan to the point where it is incredibly easy to get her raging and yelling about the blue pound, how everyone hates them but they don't care, how there is a conspiracy against them by everyone in Scottish football, they didn't die in 2012 and anything else going. Had one conversation over the Cinch deal where she claimed they were doing it for the survival of all Scottish football teams but let them all die if they didn't go Rangers way. It gets boring after a while.

20 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
22 hours ago, thistledo said:

How come? 

19 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Some folk must be the absolute dogs bollocks in interviews.

We had a colleague who was worse than useless. We used to joke that he was a minus one FTE as we all had to help out to cover his dreadful work. To give an example, in class a student would ask a question. He would say "give me a minute to find out" and would google the answer in front of the whole class, then read out whatever he found. He did hardly any research either. 

The uni realised this and started negotiating an exit package with him. He took a nice redundancy package, and turned up a month later at Strathclyde doing the same job. As far as I know he is still there. 

There are always people like this, worked with someone who had on his CV that he could do basically everything and in reality he could do nothing. He ended up getting a contract where I was, fucked something up in the space of a month and was out the door a month later. He's in a new job every 3-6 months, I have no idea how he blags his way through interviews.

16 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I was the same, stressed to the 99s. Having said that I was offered three of the jobs which had a formal interview process, took 2 of them. Three of the others were recommendations/casual interview/semi formal interviews. Took all them, too.

I always keep at them, so hopefully I have a choice when it's time for a new contract, in the hope one day they bother me less. Probably my anxiety is the real reason behind the feeling.  

Edited by thistledo

18 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Interviews are fine - you can say whatever shite you want. Either you get the job, and what you’ve said is ok, or you never need to see them again. As long as you don’t set yourself up to immediately fail if you get the job, then you’re fine.

Manager.jpg