Work colleagues

6 hours ago, ajwffc said:

It is recommended (at the moment) that you have a minimum of 400g of fruit and veg a day.

13 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

What's that in £sd?

3 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

0.88lbs

Thanks. I probably don't eat that in a week, tbqh. and never have done, either.

19 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I believe the often quoted advice is eight GLASSES a day.

Interestingly though, I don't think there is any hard science behind this.  It's only in recent years people started swilling water at their desks or in school classrooms.   I think the first person to come up with this idea was Fereydoon Batmangheldi, an Iranian doctor who claimed most illnesses were caused by dehydration and would prescribe water for most complaints, including HIV infection.  His daughter, Camila, was the chief executive of the now defunct Kids Company, the high profile charity that collapsed following allegations of misuse of funds and exaggeration of services offered.

I think the problem is most people will just drink when they get thirsty without realising that thirst is your body's way of telling you that you're dehydrated. So they tell folk to drink an obscene amount of water in the hope they'll just continually drink it.

21 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I believe the often quoted advice is eight GLASSES a day.

Which is meaningless unless the size of glass is defined. Pint? Whisky glass? It's like Cadbury's saying there's a glass and a half of full-cream milk in every half pound.

Absolutely nothing as far as I know. 

He's not been reprimanded in any way.  An extremely disappointing end to what could've been some gr8 office #goss.

Of course, if anything does happen, ill keep you all in the loop.

18 minutes ago, Steven Mill Out said:

Old bloke that sits in the corner of my office has just received an official warning for farting. Pleasing times.

He's not taking it well.

For what it's worth, he's also an absolute c**t and one of the hardest people to cooperate with that I have come across.

I once let a a silent fart out in the office that was eye watering in smell. A couple of my colleagues (probably the racist ones) blamed the Indian guy in the office, so now I have carte blanche to fart as much as I like without reprimand.