Work colleagues

Considering the massive amount of bullying and mobbing that goes on in workplaces it's actually incredible that it doesnt get more coverage.
Google glassdoor bullying or similar. It's an epidemic. The NHS is rife with it.

Anyone that thinks they are immune to it or too tough are kidding themselves on.

No wonder you hate your work.
There are some places where being overworked and getting bullied is widespread and accepted as part of the toxic culture. I’ve never hung around very long in those jobs.

Thankfully I don’t have that in my current job. I am forthright and say no to extra work when I feel too busy. They just go ask someone else to do it or hire someone else to help me.

After our Regular Friday email quiz I was yapping to the guy on the opposite desk. He Said that there was no way anyone could have got question 7 (how many sides on an isosceles triangle) wrong.  I said that someone was bound to.  He asked what I thought they’d put. I said probably 6.
Cue lassie a few desks away “I put 6”

Ffs

7 hours ago, coprolite said:

After our Regular Friday email quiz I was yapping to the guy on the opposite desk. He Said that there was no way anyone could have got question 7 (how many sides on an isosceles triangle) wrong.  I said that someone was bound to.  He asked what I thought they’d put. I said probably 6.
Cue lassie a few desks away “I put 6”

Ffs

^^^

23 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Guy at work who constantly talks. Utter fucking drivel constantly.
Sometimes its funny but ffs have a break.

10 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Considering the massive amount of bullying and mobbing that goes on in workplaces it's actually incredible that it doesnt get more coverage.
Google glassdoor bullying or similar. It's an epidemic. The NHS is rife with it.

Anyone that thinks they are immune to it or too tough are kidding themselves on.

There’s no bullying in my team, quite the opposite. Generally it’s a fantastic place to work. I’m probably the hardest in the office though so people respect me as they know I’ll kick their c**t in on St Andrews Square if they start their pish. Someone stole my sandwich once, complete with the moist maker, but I soon sorted that. They now call me “Mental”.

Has Muzza had a knock to the head or is he just on a huge drinking binge? 

Out of nowhere he's started taking swings at folk and now resorted to making up stories. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it. It's just strangely out of character. 

Genuinely have never seen any bullying in any work places. If i ever felt it was happening to me then id just get a new job. Although i dont think it ever will happen to me as im hard as f**k

Edited to add. I didnt read muzzas post before posting that

Out of nowhere he's started taking swings at folk and now resorted to making up stories. 

A knock to the head suggests he’s not the hardest in his workplace at all. Add to that folk stealing his pieces. 2 and 2 don’t make 5. Muzza would lose a fight to the serially skelped Dee Man imo

Genuinely have never seen any bullying in any work places. If i ever felt it was happening to me then id just get a new job. Although i dont think it ever will happen to me as im hard as f**k

Edited to add. I didnt read muzzas post before posting that
You're very lucky that you haven't.
Its not really what you think nobody is going to come up and physically assault you or call you offensive names. Which to be honest would be more preferable.
It's more subtle like backstabbing, snidey putdowns at meetings, denial of what you contribute, being left out socially.
I believe it comes from insecurity and previous problems that make managers act like little kids surrounding themselves with yes men or enablers. It's really bad for business. When it happens it takes a while for you to realise as well which makes it hard to stop.
Also it gets passed off as 'banter' and that you're being too sensitive. If you try it in reverse suddenly you're 'being insubordinate'.
If these people tried it in a pub or outside the workplace they wouldn't last five minutes. They know they can push it and get away with it because most hr departments are only there for the company and are probably already in the back pocket of the narcisstic manager who plays a kiss up kick down style so that no senior manager will ever believe that they would do things like that. Plus it also reflects badly for senior management to knowingly employ someone who abuses or bullies staff because its illegal due to duty of care.
So yeah, the target is singled out as weird or incapable despite being a standout employee.
Sorry for the rant but I tried to explain it.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I’m in muzzas team at work and he has just been suspended for being caught wanking in the cleaning cupboard. He’s having a bad time of it at the moment, people should be nice to him.

Grassing c**t. I’ve just found out where you live so I’ll see you soon Chris.

3 hours ago, Dele said:

You got me mate, I made it up. I stole parts of it it from an unknown TV called Friends. Sorry everyone. 

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I don’t have a cleaning cupboard but you can w**k in my downstairs toilet if that makes things any better?

Planned on doing it through your letterbox from the outside. Although, I can imagine you’re one of those creeps with a letterbox at the bottom of their doors.

Planned on doing it through your letterbox from the outside. Although, I can imagine you’re one of those creeps with a letterbox at the bottom of their doors.

We have a letterbox at the end of the drive, if you can leave the little arm up that’d be great.

You talk about it a lot but gave you done anything about it? Presumably your work has harassment, dignity etc guidance? Are you unionised? If it's aimed at you, have you explained why their conduct is perceived as contrary to the above standards? If they've brushed it off have you emailed them a written summary of your conversation and asked them to reply if they have any disagreements with how it went down?

If it's rife and you have a paper trail like this to demonstrate a pattern surely you can take it further.

Spoke to senior management and it was brushed off as a joke. Within a day the same senior manager made a comment to me alongside the manager who I complained about as if it was funny.

I have a paper trail and I can prove that I was threatened with the sack despite asking for comments like that to stop. Others have also complained unofficially.

I also have evidence of manipulation of overtime.

My options are to take it to HR or escalate beyond them to the parent company whistle blowing procedure. Both of which will lead to more hassle and stress and I will be alone up against a bunch of lying cheating fucks all backing each other up.

The senior manager who I believe is the puppet master is leaving soon so I'm holding back until after the new year to see what happens. I've also been told that hr are gunning for the manager and might do something now they're not protected.

Ultimately it's my fault for staying there and not getting out sooner but its local and pays well and also my confidence has been knocked by it.

Edited to add

No it's not unionised. Also what was said is in direct contradiction of the company handbook. It says one instance of bullying is gross misconduct. I can provide evidence of dozens plus violent outbursts like punching walls and doors, making a fool of senior management at meetings all sorts.

6 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

You're very lucky that you haven't.
Its not really what you think nobody is going to come up and physically assault you or call you offensive names. Which to be honest would be more preferable.
It's more subtle like backstabbing, snidey putdowns at meetings, denial of what you contribute, being left out socially.
I believe it comes from insecurity and previous problems that make managers act like little kids surrounding themselves with yes men or enablers. It's really bad for business. When it happens it takes a while for you to realise as well which makes it hard to stop.
Also it gets passed off as 'banter' and that you're being too sensitive. If you try it in reverse suddenly you're 'being insubordinate'.
If these people tried it in a pub or outside the workplace they wouldn't last five minutes. They know they can push it and get away with it because most hr departments are only there for the company and are probably already in the back pocket of the narcisstic manager who plays a kiss up kick down style so that no senior manager will ever believe that they would do things like that. Plus it also reflects badly for senior management to knowingly employ someone who abuses or bullies staff because its illegal due to duty of care.
So yeah, the target is singled out as weird or incapable despite being a standout employee.
Sorry for the rant but I tried to explain it.

I’m sorry but a lot of what you’ve said above is the usual complete nonsense from you. Apologies for the lengthy post but...

1. He’s not “very lucky” to not have been bullied at work, as even this thread shows that the majority (nearly everyone bar you, who’s had the bad luck for this supposed terrible bullying to happen to you more than once) haven’t experienced or even seen this type of thing in their workplace.

2. As you’re not giving specific examples, I’m still unsure exactly what the supposed bullying is that’s happening. You mention being left out socially, do people go out for pints and not invite you or something? Unsure how that’s bullying but please correct me with specific examples.

3. You mention it getting passed off as banter. Again some examples would be good to see exactly what you’re talking about, but in my workplace my team and I do have plenty of banter between us, going both ways. As long as the manager is happy to take the same back then I don’t see a problem. It would actually annoy me a bit if someone tried to grass us in to senior management for having a laugh with each other at work (if someone said to me they didn’t like the banter and it was clear they didn’t want to be part of it, absolutely no issue, but complaining about it happening in their presence and trying to say it’s bullying and needs stopped would annoy me).

4. “most hr departments are only there for the company and are probably already in the back pocket of the narcisstic manager” - are you listening to yourself here? Most HR departments? Take your tinfoil hat off and calm down.

I’m sorry you’ve had some bad experiences at work that have warped your mind a bit, but you are simply incorrect in a lot of the wild generalisations you make. I’m going to sound like your bully of a boss here, but (unless you are able to provide specific examples that show it’s not been banter and is out of order) I think you do need to stop taking things to heart so much and jumping straight to being a victim of severe bullying and you might be a bit happier at work.