Work colleagues

3 hours ago, Pato said:

just lol'd at that. reminds me of my old boss at our annual all-hands meeting saying it had been a great year and he'd smashed his targets. His target was reducing headcount by 10%.

tenor (3).gif

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Honestly, the vaccine and its acconpanying side effects are a free hit for at least 2 days off work. Unless you dont get sick pay, i

Yup i don't get sick pay for my first 2 days off. So basically if yer going to be ill in my work just take the week off. Ridiculous. So aye with  covid times we have people still going to work when they feel like shite to make sure they are getting paid.  So between all the shite bugs going around and covid we still havnt had a positive test since last December. Quite incredible really 

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

Yup i don't get sick pay for my first 2 days off. So basically if yer going to be ill in my work just take the week off. Ridiculous. So aye with  covid times we have people still going to work when they feel like shite to make sure they are getting paid.  So between all the shite bugs going around and covid we still havnt had a positive test since last December. Quite incredible really 

You must get SSP surely?  Forgive me as I’ve never worked anywhere you don’t get paid if you’re off so have no clue how this works but are you saying you get SSP for 2 days then the company pays you for the rest of the time you’re off?

Just now, Left Back said:

You must get SSP surely?  Forgive me as I’ve never worked anywhere you don’t get paid if you’re off so have no clue how this works but are you saying you get SSP for 2 days then the company pays you for the rest of the time you’re off?

No. You don't get paid for the first two days of being off and then you get SSP.  By then already lost 2 days wages. 

2 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:
1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:
You take time off work for a haircut?

Used to travel a lot and found myself struggling to get a haircut at the weekends, thus a new habit was formed. Quite addicted to it to be honest. Good rush.

The last place I worked in Coleraine, everyone (apart from me) got their haircut during office hours. The barbers was three doors down, I think.

8 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

No. You don't get paid for the first two days of being off and then you get SSP.  By then already lost 2 days wages. 

I just looked it up.  SSP doesn’t legally kick in until you’ve been off for 3 days.  No doubt your employer thinks they’re being generous by making it 2.

What a shower of c***s.

22 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I just looked it up.  SSP doesn’t legally kick in until you’ve been off for 3 days.  No doubt your employer thinks they’re being generous by making it 2.

What a shower of c***s.

No my employer are a bunch of c***s. But it's okay we keep open no matter what. Feed the nation etc etc 

Used to travel a lot and found myself struggling to get a haircut at the weekends, thus a new habit was formed. Quite addicted to it to be honest. Good rush.
I do the same, its technically my lunch break. But then i come home and eat my lunch.

No my employer are a bunch of c***s. But it's okay we keep open no matter what. Feed the nation etc etc 
Food producers are notoriously cvnts in my experience. Driven by major retailers to a degree but still a tough environment.

1 minute ago, V.Aye.R said:
24 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Food producers are notoriously cvnts in my experience. Driven by major retailers to a degree but still a tough environment.

I'm in retail... 

7 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Immediate showers after hair cuts are required. I've lost many a good t shirt to the bin when I've been unable to get home immediately. 

so you shower in the barber's and don't have a washing machine?

14 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

The last place I worked in Coleraine, everyone (apart from me) got their haircut during office hours. The barbers was three doors down, I think.

So next door to this pair then?

2 doors down.JPG