Work colleagues

It was a few weeks ago now but someone walked past a radiator in the office and noticed it was on, when it was a pretty warm day. They checked the next couple of radiators which were on as well. However, instead of just turning the knob on each radiator they decided to switch the boiler off.

This meant the kitchen had lost its hot water and when the boiler was switched back on a couple of days, the hot water didn’t return. Weeks later and that still hasn’t been fixed.

2 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

We had a double delivery of milk on Tuesday, which has led to Armageddon in the office, anyway, got this email last night. 

She signs off every email exactly the same. Not sure if she forgets she has a signature, or just likes thanking herself. 

Email.png

That sign off though! Get her to change it ASAP. It's a travesty. It's like she thanks herself at the end (Thanks Gem). Learn punctuation ya daft hoor. Then 'Many Thanks' has both words capitalized, but 'Kind Regards' doesn't. Then a double break until 'Gemma' (despite her mentioning her name earlier).

It's a disgraceful mess of poor punctuation and a syntax nightmare.

Absolutely roasted due to ‘health and safety’ putting locks on the fire exits so we can’t open them without breaking the glass thing inside them.

Is it f**k safe, they were put on to stop people nipping out for a fag or fresh air.

Tried to open another door to let a draft through, was shut within minutes. The guy who fitted them can go outside any time, nice one.

We had a wifie round complaining about the heat in her office and wanting to be sent home today. Newsflash, hen - it's hot in your house as well...

Strangely enough, she was also round complaining about how cold her office was and wanting to be sent home just over three months ago...there seems to be an acceptable temperature range of about five degrees either way before she thinks we should let her away.

7 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

We had a double delivery of milk on Tuesday, which has led to Armageddon in the office, anyway, got this email last night. 

She signs off every email exactly the same. Not sure if she forgets she has a signature, or just likes thanking herself. 

Email.png

"Thanks", "Many Thanks" and "Kind Regards". In front of the firing squad for that one.

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

We had a wifie round complaining about the heat in her office and wanting to be sent home today. Newsflash, hen - it's hot in your house as well...

Strangely enough, she was also round complaining about how cold her office was and wanting to be sent home just over three months ago...there seems to be an acceptable temperature range of about five degrees either way before she thinks we should let her away.

Girl in the office was allowed away early yesterday by the boss, it was well over 30 degrees. I soldiered on, manfully.

6 hours ago, Girth said:

My new work crew are generally okay except for one absolute Chris Brunt. 

Is there one absolute twat in every office!?

Some of them aren't exactly 'fun' though. 

The more staff the bigger the chance one of them will be a twat. However, we had two in one of my previous employments, and there were only 7 of us!

16 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

The more staff the bigger the chance one of them will be a twat. However, we had two in one of my previous employments, and there were only 7 of us!

I've switched jobs recently and so far at the new place I haven't come across any of these types at this job yet but at my previous few jobs there has always been one or two, usually a middle aged man and/or someone who has a Masters degree in Business (MBA)

20 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

3 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

I've switched jobs recently and so far at the new place I haven't come across any of these types at this job yet but at my previous few jobs there has always been one or two, usually a middle aged man and/or someone who has a Masters degree in Business (MBA)

One of them was a middle aged man, the other one was just your run of the mill c**t

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

One of them was a middle aged man, the other one was just your run of the mill c**t

Yeah, probably the worst I have dealt with wasn't middle aged, probably in his late 30's with a MBA, let's call him Ron.  Ron was probably the most arrogant c**t I have ever dealt with in a work capacity, he was constantly talking down to people he perceived to be weaker or less intelligent than him, sometimes even flashing his Mercedes keys just to prove his point.  Worst of all he would not bother to share critical information with other people because he was "too busy" and "too important" to hit forward on a fucking email!!

Edited by senorsoupe

19 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

18 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Girl in the office was allowed away early yesterday by the boss, it was well over 30 degrees. I soldiered on, manfully.

Aircon was broken in here for a few weeks last summer, office temperature hitting 40c for 2 weeks solid at one point. Only concession they made was that we could come into work in shorts and a t-shirt. Managed to get away with clocking off a little early on a few occasions, but that simply meant half 4 rather than half 5.

Had a laugh at the milk email on the page before and delved into my emails to find this gem from November last year - 

"Paula, Graham and I have just emptied both fridges of out of date items dating back to April, 2015! From cartons of milk/ orange juice, honey to a very black absolutely stinking what we think was a sandwich.

If you have anything in the fridge I suggest you put your name on it or it will be put out in the bin whether it is out of date of not.

BE WARNED!!!"

:lol: They tried to come up with a rota for people to give the fridge a clean and tried to get me to join up.  I've never once stored anything in the fridge in the 4 years I've worked here.  I live 2 minutes away and go home for lunch everyday.  

3 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Had a laugh at the milk email on the page before and delved into my emails to find this gem from November last year - 

"Paula, Graham and I have just emptied both fridges of out of date items dating back to April, 2015! From cartons of milk/ orange juice, honey to a very black absolutely stinking what we think was a sandwich.

If you have anything in the fridge I suggest you put your name on it or it will be put out in the bin whether it is out of date of not.

BE WARNED!!!"

:lol: They tried to come up with a rota for people to give the fridge a clean and tried to get me to join up.  I've never once stored anything in the fridge in the 4 years I've worked here.  I live 2 minutes away and go home for lunch everyday.  

BE A WEAR OF BLACK SANDWICHES!

18 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Yeah, probably the worst I have dealt with wasn't middle aged, probably in his late 30's with a MBA, let's call him Ron.  Ron was probably the most arrogant c**t I have ever dealt with in a work capacity, he was constantly talking down to people he perceived to be weaker or less intelligent than him, sometimes even flashing his Mercedes keys just to prove his point.  Worst of all he would not bother to share critical information with other people because he was "too busy" and "too important" to hit forward on a fucking email!!

I have met lots of people who would talk down to me.  I wouldn't describe any of them as intelligent.