Greenday cancel Scottish gig

Terminator 2 > Terminator
Short Circuit 2 > Short Circuit
Erm... that's it. 

[emoji23] In what world are T2 and Short Circuit 2 better than their preceding films?

The correct answer is:
Godfather Part II
Empire Strikes Back
Wrath of Khan
X-Men 2
For a Few Dollars More

I would say Evil Dead II, but it's not really a sequel.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Appropriately, their first single and best song Longview, is about having a w**k.

Loved Dookie, when I were a lad, but it's all been downhill since then. Mind-numbing-faux-rock-masturbatory-Americana-bollocks. 

The gig sounds like a shitey Scottish version of the Fyre Festival f**k up, clown shoe amateurism.

27 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I was half joking about, Short Circuit 2 although it tugged my heart-strings like no film before or since. 

And Terminator 2 is rated 8,5 on IMDB, with Terminator 1 only scoring 8.0. 

Ah, fair dos. For me the absence of The Great Guttenburg sullied Short Circuit 2 a little.

I'm stunned that T2 gets rated better than Terminator though. Edward Furlong is pretty painful viewing. Really what it had going for it was the special effects, and (for its time) the first Terminator film was just as amazing with those imo. Plus the first one is just full-on incredible in the way Arnie is used.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Nope, not having that. They've been consistently great IMO. American Idiot is an absolute masterpiece, far better than Dookie.

I agree that American Idiot is tremendous, but 21st Century Breakdown, Uno!, Dos!, Tre! and Revolution Radio are all shite albums, each one worse than the last. They're done.

13 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Appropriately, their first single and best song Longview, is about having a w**k.

Loved Dookie, when I were a lad, but it's all been downhill since then. Mind-numbing-faux-rock-masturbatory-Americana-bollocks. 

The gig sounds like a shitey Scottish version of the Fyre Festival f**k up, clown shoe amateurism.

I would never have guessed that Longview was their first single, I'd assumed Welcome to Paradise was a re-release from its Kerplunk version. Googled it though, and you're spot on.

I don't really understand why their early stuff was called EPs anyway. For me "Extended Play" should be more than 4 tracks. Surely loads of singles have 3 B-sides, no?

3 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Comparing NOFX to Green Day. :lol:

Minter.

This has all made me want to go listen to I Heard They Suck Live or something else mid-90s. By random chance I was listening to Pinhead Gunpowder, China Drum and Samiam last week, and I pretty much never listen to any of that stuff anymore. Some of it has held up. Some... not so much.

Just now, milton75 said:

I would never have guessed that Longview was their first single, I'd assumed Welcome to Paradise was a re-release from its Kerplunk version. Googled it though, and you're spot on.

I don't really understand why their early stuff was called EPs anyway. For me "Extended Play" should be more than 4 tracks. Surely loads of singles have 3 B-sides, no?

Sorry dude, I completely gave up on understanding music, formats and everything else when they ditched mini-discs. The fucking b*****ds.

33 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

f**k knows where you got that from TA were a shower of shysters, Kelvin was a moron, was just saying that he got me the local crew job.

Apologies I misread your post. Kelvin still is a moron :P

1 hour ago, WeAreElgin said:

What an odd comment, Green Day aren't close to NOFX. About as offensive as a Sunday lunch

American Idiot is like if a bunch of 6th formers were asked to rewrite war on errorism as a high school musical......wait a minute .....

5 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

American Idiot is more like a pop rock band doing a political album. It's nothing like NOFX and comparing them is ridiculous.

"NOFX's mainstream success was signified by a growing interest in punk rock during the 1990s, but unlike many of their contemporaries (including Bad Religion, Green Day and The Offspring), they have never been signed to a major label"

They went out of their way to mock bands like the Offspring and Blink 182 therefore implicitly recognising the pop punk stuff as of a piece with the ska punk/ skate punk scene hardcore punk.

Therefore to describe the music of Green Day and similar bands as an entirely shite version of the decent stuff around that scene at the time as opposed to a direct comparison which you appear to think I'm making is entirely valid.

American Idiot is like if a bunch of 6th formers were asked to rewrite war on errorism as a high school musical......wait a minute .....

American Idiot wasn't that bad to be fair, it's what has followed that has been complete pap.

Cheers for reminding me about War on Errorism though, I'll give it a blast later

44 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Does he still start every conversation, have you got any tickets sold guys?

:lol:

I haven't dealt with him in years, at our first gig he asked that exact question as soon as we walked in the door. We told him we'd sold 120 and he said "just give me all that money then" :lol: Chase yourself.

I know some folk in Glasgow who still see him about and he hasn't changed one bit.

Archived