Greenday cancel Scottish gig

I disagree.

Kerplunk and the ep stuff was alright. Dookie was great fun. Pretty much everything since hasn't been great. I respect their reasons for doing American Idiot, and it's good that they're decent folks and all, but it's pretty obvious stuff.

The problem with Green Day is that Kerplunk was loaded with songs about struggles with boredom, adulthood, relationships and alienation. It was so relatable that they soon became multi-millionaires, depriving themselves of their relatability.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

American idiot was the album that got me into greenday. It spoke to me at the age I was at and what was happening in life at that time. Everything before bar maybe nimrod was top quality stuff. Ai was such a good album that 21cb was always going to be a bit of a let down to people although I do think it was still a solid album. The less said about uno, dos and tres the better. Revolution radio is a solid album though with some good songs on it.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

:lol:

I haven't dealt with him in years, at our first gig he asked that exact question as soon as we walked in the door. We told him we'd sold 120 and he said "just give me all that money then" :lol: Chase yourself.

I know some folk in Glasgow who still see him about and he hasn't changed one bit.

I saw him wandering about Argyle St about a week ago - nae hair at all these days, but still wearing a black long-sleeve with some illegible black metal band logo.

As a Green Day fanboy in the early days I can confirm that only 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours, Dookie and Insomniac are very good. Never really got into Kerplunk. Nimrod was decent but most of the stuff since then has been pretty meh IMO.

Just before they went on a show at a festival in Madrid yesterday an acrobat fell 100 ft to his death, Greenday were unaware of this and the show went on as normal, they just scooped up the corpse and got on with it. The acrobat was British as well.

Just before they went on a show at a festival in Madrid yesterday an acrobat fell 100 ft to his death, Greenday were unaware of this and the show went on as normal, they just scooped up the corpse and got on with it. The acrobat was British as well.

They're getting slammed for it too. Whether they knew or not it's been a shocking week for them really.

They're getting slammed for it too. Whether they knew or not it's been a shocking week for them really.

I think the organisers of the event are the ones who should be getting hammered for it but yeah, what a week it's been for them!

I think the organisers of the event are the ones who should be getting hammered for it but yeah, what a week it's been for them!

I think they should be worried that there seems to be a concerted international effort to stop them playing music.

1 minute ago, Jamaldo said:

I think they should be worried that there seems to be a concerted international effort to stop them playing music.

That acrobat must have really hated them.

I may sound harsh here but I think it was right that the show went ahead, people pay good money to go to these festivals and by not seeing the headline act they are going to be obviously disappointed. Considering the stage etc were all ready to go it was right that it went ahead, maybe they should have dedicated a song to the deceased acrobat out of respect though.

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

I may sound harsh here but I think it was right that the show went ahead, people pay good money to go to these festivals and by not seeing the headline act they are going to be obviously disappointed. Considering the stage etc were all ready to go it was right that it went ahead, maybe they should have dedicated a song to the deceased acrobat out of respect though.

Good Riddance?

Archived