The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

1 hour ago, roy of the rovers said:

Niyah is playing in Australia these days for a club called Peninsula Power.

Fourth in the Queensland NPL, 14 points behind top spot with 3 games to play but 8 points ahead of 5th placed club so should make the Finals series. They are from then Redcliffe area a bit over 40 kms north of Brisbane. 

IMG_2157.jpeg

9 hours ago, Eednud said:

Fourth in the Queensland NPL, 14 points behind top spot with 3 games to play but 8 points ahead of 5th placed club so should make the Finals series. They are from then Redcliffe area a bit over 40 kms north of Brisbane. 

10 hours ago, roy of the rovers said:

Oh wow, good on him! That sounds much better than jobbing about the rainy Scottish seaside leagues (as much as I love them).

On August 25th, An Albion Rovers Fans XI will take on JagsForGood (Partick Thistle Fans team) at Maryhill FC’s stadium in a match in memory of former Albion Rovers player and Boxing Champion Willie Limond, with all proceeds going to Scottish Autism and Shelter Scotland
We’ll have more information out soon, including some former players that will be taking part. 

We hope to see as many people there as possible all for a good cause and remembering Willie Limond. 

A go fund me has also been set up for anyone who wants to donate to the charities. 

https://www.justgiving.com/team/arffc

IMG_1585.thumb.jpeg.42dedf9d37a2ffaca0206b500d1c3252.jpeg

16 hours ago, roy of the rovers said:

He now plays in the same team as ex rover and Annan defender Mikey McGowan

Edited by Chris_the_rover

53 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Scored quite a few for under 23's,

He was at cliftonhill watching the pre season friendly v queens park

Good to hear. Nice to see a player move on and do well. Glad he's getting game time too.

7 hours ago, Eednud said:

IMG_2159.jpeg

Michael was a smashing player for the Rovers, especially in our promotion season under Paul Martin. Then he "fell out of love with football", left, and promptly signed for Annan Athletic. I'd suppose both of these guys emigrated to Oz for reasons outside of football?

12 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

Michael was a smashing player for the Rovers, especially in our promotion season under Paul Martin. Then he "fell out of love with football", left, and promptly signed for Annan Athletic. I'd suppose both of these guys emigrated to Oz for reasons outside of football?

Yeah I always remember he started 99 consecutive games and didn't want another contract after he became disillusioned, that lasted a week before he joined annan.

He was a cracking golfer too, played at Easter Moffat,

42 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Yeah I always remember he started 99 consecutive games and didn't want another contract after he became disillusioned, that lasted a week before he joined annan.

He was a cracking golfer too, played at Easter Moffat,

Did he play left-handed?

• 4 weeks later...

Please note that from Saturday the 31st August the refreshed Dishington Lounge within Cliftonhill will be open on matchdays.

With a new bar Installation which opens at 1pm closing at 2 45pm then reopening after the final whistle till 6pm. There shall be a choice of draft as well as bottled/canned drinks.

This will operate on a card only basis

Edited by roy of the rovers

• 2 weeks later...