The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

• 2 weeks later...

Next up:

Saturday 24th February LL v Bo'ness United home 3pm k-o
Admission Adults £11, Concessions (OAPs, Students, People not in work, 14-17 year old) £6, Under 14 £3, Carers free
Season tickets valid - voucher 12
Pay at the gate cash or card

The club assisted by the Supporters Trust will be running a bar for this game.

There will be one turnstile open from 1300 to allow those wishing to partake in a pre match beverage.

Entry to the lounge will be via the door in the main stand adjacent to the pitch. The bar will be open from 1300 until 1445 and then again after full time until 1800.

Prices will be as follows:

Selection of canned beers, ciders and lagers £2.50
Wines by 125ml glass £2.50
Selection of 25ml spirits £2.50

The bar will open to those aged 18 and over to both home and away fans alike and it's cash only. In line with current legislation, no alcohol will be permitted to be consumed in view of the pitch.

Albion Rovers Match Day Post (Flyer (A4))-1.pdf

Getting Callum Hannah on a loan from Raith...a big laddie with very little experience. Has looked promising when we've seen him play, natural LB, but has the size to perhaps cover CB too. Will he be able to get time with you?

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Getting Callum Hannah on a loan from Raith...a big laddie with very little experience. Has looked promising when we've seen him play, natural LB, but has the size to perhaps cover CB too. Will he be able to get time with you?

If he's a natural left back, I reckon he'll go straight in. Our only natural left back is just back from injury, and actually has played further forward since he came back.

Is he coming out to us as he's likely to be released in the summer and we're his level, or is he on a longer contract?

2 hours ago, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

If he's a natural left back, I reckon he'll go straight in. Our only natural left back is just back from injury, and actually has played further forward since he came back.

Is he coming out to us as he's likely to be released in the summer and we're his level, or is he on a longer contract?

Signed in late August until June 2025, from Kirkcaldy and Dysart F.C. (EoS), so new to “professional” football. Had an appearance for a half versus the Accies in the Challenge Cup quarterfinal and a short run out versus Montrose the game before that.

Honestly, he’s a big, mobile laddie from what little we’ve seen. Ian Murray kept him around the club till now on the principle of getting him adjusted to this level of football, but now we’ve got cover he can get some experience. I’d expect some mistakes, but I think you were picked because you had a need for a LB and have a decent rep for handling young players. I would have expected a team closer for the loan, since he’ll keep training with us other days of the week, but I would assume you lot said he’d get playing time so it worked out.

Wouldn't surprise me if he’s a pretty decent player for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all, a wee bit of a last minute one here. I'm looking forward interviewing your former manager Darren Young on Monday in the latest episode of my podcast "Today Wheelenterview" and I want to get as many supporters connected to him as possible.

That being said, are there any questions you would like me to pose to him, or any stories or insights to share that will benefit my preparation and help me understand the context of the situation in Coatbridge during his reign from your own perspective in the stands? I've loved having supporters' questions feature and they've worked a charm so far. All the best for the rest of the season, and hopefully we see Rovers back in the SPFL where they belong soon!

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

bambi.jpg.aa7cfeb23ccd05c5b0587a7e0f6b7ecc.jpg

Footlights College won, alas. 

... and deservedly so. We were abysmal, but the Uni played really well and dominated large parts of the game. The winner did look well offside, but these things happen.

That's nine points for the season now, four of them from Rovers. We really are pish against underdogs.

44 minutes ago, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

... and deservedly so. We were abysmal, but the Uni played really well and dominated large parts of the game. The winner did look well offside, but these things happen.

That's nine points for the season now, four of them from Rovers. We really are pish against underdogs.

I haven't been for a while. Nevertheless, wonder if your post was two words too long?

We only ever get to know the finances as they were 9 months ago - then as the season progresses they are even more out of date. Fan ownership plans bogged down in infighting and the reluctance of the club and shareholders to engage (nothing new there). Word is that Rovers are going for promotion or bust next season - so probably bust.

45 minutes ago, Rover77 said:

We only ever get to know the finances as they were 9 months ago - then as the season progresses they are even more out of date. Fan ownership plans bogged down in infighting and the reluctance of the club and shareholders to engage (nothing new there). Word is that Rovers are going for promotion or bust next season - so probably bust.

Will they be able to match the cash the others will chuck at it? EK will try again if they don't go up. Clyde will abandon any financial strategy, Stranraer and Bonnyrigg might take a more measured approach.