The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

22 minutes ago, RJShire said:

What are Albion charging for admission this season? Tried to have a look at prices online but it was last seasons prices 

Pay at the gate Adult £11. Concession £6. U14 £3. Carers £0. 

These were the prices for Hearts B match. So I presume same for tomorrow.

looking forwards to welcoming you to Cliftonhill / Reigart again tomorrow. 

34 minutes ago, teekasule said:

Pay at the gate Adult £11. Concession £6. U14 £3. Carers £0. 

These were the prices for Hearts B match. So I presume same for tomorrow.

looking forwards to welcoming you to Cliftonhill / Reigart again tomorrow. 

Ideal mate cheers. Sadly back at uni but given no student card yet so the joys of the adult pricing tomorrow 😂

It's a bargain at twice the price 👌

It's not easy when you have no money and have to reduce your prices on joining the LL. Haven't seen you lot at Cliftonhill since 2014/15 when we won the league despite losing twice to Shire at home and managing 2 wins at Ochilview.

Overall Rovers have won 106 times against Shire, drawn 42 and lost 68.

17 hours ago, RJShire said:

Ideal mate cheers. Sadly back at uni but given no student card yet so the joys of the adult pricing tomorrow 😂

Explain the situation when you get to the gate. You may get lucky and get someone pragmatic who is willing to take you at face value.

Quite looking forward to seeing the Shire again; your support were always good fun in the days when we were closer rivals

On 14/08/2023 at 07:55, Chris_the_rover said:

I like him

Hes not one who is best starting a game, comming on after 45 or even 65 minutes however he seems to cause a problems, after the defence have already set up a shape

If he starts hitting the target he will score a few

He's not the best player but his physical presence gives him an advantage, could become a cult hero quite quickly, seems like a nice big lad too

Glad to hear he's doing well. I don't think he was ever likely to make it with us, but he was on the bench several times. He became reasonably popular and a bit of a cult figure even without playing, mainly on account of his da' being a lovely guy and a bit of a character, as seen by his appearances on AirdrieFanTV and the Facebook page that he runs on behalf of Bright (where he's compared Bright with Messi, Eto'o and discussed his future international prospects, all with some excellent use of imagery). Bright also got wired into the post-play-off celebrations which was nice. 

I hope he and the Rovers as a whole continue to have a good season. Get back up sooner rather than later. 

On 27/08/2023 at 21:52, airdrieman said:

I hope he and the Rovers as a whole continue to have a good season. Get back up sooner rather than later. 

Echo this.

In an ideal world, Bright and Bevan fire the Rovers back up, we nab Bevan at the end of his deal, and the Rovers sell Bright for £1m. Sorted.

36 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Quite bizarre, two teams in the lower half of the LL.   No rivalry, history between them or anything like that.  

They put Rovers out of the cup at Cliftonhill last season and we beat them 9 years ago in the cup at Forthbank. Rovers have been doing quite well, we’ve played several games less than other LL sides. Add to that SU had a very good season last year and that Rovers are recently relegated as well as the convenience of being at Stirling all combine to have us on TV. 

despite all this I’m surprised!

I don't think the Uni team are the golden team of Tv coverage, they have just been playing Ok in games, still in the cups and the Tv company think out of all the ties that there will be more interest, as the tv coverage want to get the most viewers playing against an established SPFL league team who have just been relegated