Edinburgh Fringe 2018

Review of my first full all day pub crawl round the free fringe? I'm still fucked so this may be hazy, Phil Jupitus was ok, some Asian guy in cab vol in the afternoon was decent, an English boy called Gareth in Whistlebinkies was ok. This American dude doing a show called splosh in Hive(smelliest venue of the day) was just weird, in a very unfunny way. Some liverpudlian in espionage  who looked like sideshow Bob was utter utter garbage and had most folk leaving after 10 mins. Another guy from Middlesbrough in espionage, working class hero type, was ok, I didn't particularly share his views but the laddie thought he was great, partly I'm sure because he was pished.

Gets really hazy after that tbf. 

Time to get ready for another day at it, canny wait.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Shandon Par said:

The Prime Minister is visiting The Fringe today and it’s pishing down. Good work Edinburgh weather gods.

We were sat outside a pub on the Grassmarket having a relaxing drink yesterday when it started raining. You could soon tell who wasn't Scottish, all running for cover while we just sat in our t shirts downing our pints knowing full well it was only a wee shower. Lightweight c***s.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

We were sat outside a pub on the Grassmarket having a relaxing drink yesterday when it started raining. You could soon tell who wasn't Scottish, all running for cover while we just sat in our t shirts downing our pints knowing full well it was only a wee shower. Lightweight c***s.

Was out on Sunday. Ended up buying a new jacket and getting pretty drunk. Bit of a heathen - shows eat into valuable time that could be spent sitting out in the sun/rain with a beer.

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Was out on Sunday. Ended up buying a new jacket and getting pretty drunk. Bit of a heathen - shows eat into valuable time that could be spent sitting out in the sun/rain with a beer.

Aye, I'm planning on just a couple of shows today and more drinking time. 

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Ffs you're better than that.

Surely?

Just to keep the summer drizzle off. Not really had to even thing about a jacket this summer. Looking forward to the winter so the real beauties can get an airing. 

Day two of tams reviews, I'm pissed.

Oh aye, Trevor Lock is a cock and don't go see the 62 year old wifie in Whistlebinkies she's pish.

The boy Dermot O' Hara or O'Hanlon? is decent though, as are a few of the irish lads , I'll  maybe put in some more input when I'm sober.

Just to clarify the above post a bit. Trevor lock is still a cock, never wanted to punch a comedian in the puss so hard for being just a smarmy middle class ungrateful w****r of a human, he's fucking shite too.

The 62 year old comedienne is on in Whistlebinkies during the day, take your mum/gran she'll like it, you go sit at the bar.

The full Irish show is on in several places, showcasing irish acts obviously, and rotates several irish comedians.  I've seen it twice now, once in Dropkick Murphy's  and once in Whistlebinkies, both different acts and both very good. 

Giving the fringe a miss today but should be back down tomorrow for some more weird shit. 

Guest bernardblack
Just to clarify the above post a bit. Trevor lock is still a cock, never wanted to punch a comedian in the puss so hard for being just a smarmy middle class ungrateful w****r of a human, he's fucking shite too.
The 62 year old comedienne is on in Whistlebinkies during the day, take your mum/gran she'll like it, you go sit at the bar.
The full Irish show is on in several places, showcasing irish acts obviously, and rotates several irish comedians.  I've seen it twice now, once in Dropkick Murphy's  and once in Whistlebinkies, both different acts and both very good. 
Giving the fringe a miss today but should be back down tomorrow for some more weird shit. 

Did Trevor Lock pick on somebody and they aren’t taking it well?

11 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Did Trevor Lock pick on somebody and they aren’t taking it well?

Nope. His general demeanour whilst entering was as if he wished he was anywhere other than be there, didn't get any better either. The man cannot hide his facial expressions, he's just not a very nice person imo.

That and there was very little in the way of actual comedy.

10 hours ago, broon-loon said:

Chris McGlade.  Just up from The Grassmarket at (Espionage ?)

Hard hitting comedy, we loved it.

7 pm  for an hour and free. 

If you take away him being a brexit loving labour voting trade unionist who supports Middlesbrough,  then aye, he's ok.

Just to keep the summer drizzle off. Not really had to even thing about a jacket this summer. Looking forward to the winter so the real beauties can get an airing. 

Don’t listen to anyone mate, it’s a belter. A trip to Hanover Street always a necessity when visiting the capital AS YOU WERE

Archived