Sturgeon/Barnier Meeting

1 minute ago, McSpreader said:

That wasn't my answer and that answer has no value as the only evidence of opinion is the referendum result and if you extrapolate that across the population as a whole you will get a majority in favour of Brexit therefore I'm entitled to make that claim..

Otherwise no election result is valid unless all 65+million people in the UK are asked, including babies and toddlers.

It's a bit of a dead end conversation tbh.

That was a very large snap poll on what people thought in June 2016. When we have General Elections we don't expect those decisions to remain valid for eternity, neither should referendums. Circumstances and opinions change. Polling would suggest that given a small change to the conditions of free movement, something that other countries including France are considering, a sizeable majority would vote Remain, especially with the hugely wasteful consequences of Brexit finally becoming apparent to soft Leave voters.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

That was a very large snap poll on what people thought in June 2016. When we have General Elections we don't expect those decisions to remain valid for eternity, neither should referendums. Circumstances and opinions change. Polling would suggest that given a small change to the conditions of free movement, something that other countries including France are considering, a sizeable majority would vote Remain, especially with the hugely wasteful consequences of Brexit finally becoming apparent to soft Leave voters.

You might well be right.

If Cameron had secured some compromise on free movement the UK would have voted Remain.

The focus now is these negotiations. So , in theory, any one of the myriad of Brexit options is still available. 

If the Remain camp were to engage with the gov't constructively and if the Gov't and the EU show some willingness to compromise , I believe a softer  more nationally digestable agreement is still possible !

5 minutes ago, Sooky said:

f34b179377d41f16a3b0b02353eea42d.jpg

Someone sent me this last night. It appears as though our First Minister has other engagements with the EU.

Oh aye, the old "someone sent me this" line.  Fucking Tories, always lying.

Oh aye, the old "someone sent me this" line.  Fucking Tories, always lying.

Fine. It was alright, but I think it's highly accepted that the 2nd one was the best in the franchise.

5 minutes ago, Sooky said:

Fine. It was alright, but I think it's highly accepted that the 2nd one was the best in the franchise.

That makes no sense.

ETA you little Tory scumbag.

You might well be right.
If Cameron had secured some compromise on free movement the UK would have voted Remain.
The focus now is these negotiations. So , in theory, any one of the myriad of Brexit options is still available. 
If the Remain camp were to engage with the gov't constructively and if the Gov't and the EU show some willingness to compromise , I believe a softer  more nationally digestable agreement is still possible !

Agree. If Cameron had got traction then UK would have voted Remain. However not in Camerons and the rest of the EUs wildest dreams did they ever really think UK would vote leave; thus you got to really question the effort on both sides pre referendum

3 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Agree. If Cameron had got traction then UK would have voted Remain. However not in Camerons and the rest of the EUs wildest dreams did they ever really think UK would vote leave; thus you got to really question the effort on both sides pre referendum

Well, I said this many moons since.

I dislike how the Leave voters are blamed, castigated as  thickos, racists , xenophobes or whatever else the losing side throws at them when the culpability lies with the politicians of both sides for conducting such a horrendously negative and lie ridden campaign....... We now have to make the best of the consequences and the negativity of the remoaners  is not conducive to that end.

I dislike how the Leave voters are blamed, castigated as  thickos, racists , xenophobes or whatever else the losing side throws at them when the culpability lies with the politicians of both sides for conducting such a horrendously negative and lie ridden campaign....... We now have to make the best of the consequences and the negativity of the remoaners  is not conducive to that end.

Thing is if May had gone for a Norway style deal most remainers and leavers would have been satisfied with the hardliners on both sides being isolated.

Normally, I'd agree.  There are always exceptions though,....
Mcspreader adds absolutely zero to this forum.
Trolling takes many forms and I believe that Mcspreader knows fine well what he's doing.  No-one slips from writing legible sentences to gratuitous insults and gutterall filibustering as seamlessly as he does without purpose.
He craves attention, as displayed in his relentless need to reply to any post that gives him a passing mention, nod or displays exasperation at his wanton disregard for even the basic etiquette that a forum demands.  Which is a very low bar indeed.
I don't think it fair that some posters are put off posting here, or some pass through having read some of the reams of absolute shite going on, because "what's the point with that clown ruining every thread".
I'm not saying that this forum should become some high-brow debating chamber but it surely shouldn't put up with that idiot.
There are other, all be-it smaller, forums on some of the teams fans sites that can have these types of discussions and there's at least two, that I know of, that would simply not put up with his shite.
I'll just add that I accept that my opinion is just that.  If the collective wit and wisdom of P&B disagree then I, more than happily, will accept that I am wrong, that Mcspreader has something to offer the forum and that I just have to put up with it.
My offer to him does still stand though, because I do wish he'd f**k off.

Could you get any further up your own arse, p***k?

3 hours ago, McSpreader said:

It's not an either or though. The negative campaigning was horrendous AND Leave is populated by a huge number of ignorant, thick, racist c***s.

Just now, HTG said:

It's not an either or though. The negative campaigning was horrendous AND Leave is populated by a huge number of ignorant, thick, racist c***s.

So is Remain........Racism isn't exclusive to one side of the debate and this moral high ground bullshit perpetuated by Remainers is tedious and tiresome.

There are thick,   racists on both sides and non-racists on both sides so your point is what exactly.. ?The idea that voting Remain absolves you of all ignorance and prejudice and predisposes you to greater intellect is ........fantasy !

That's probably because you've just made it up in a desperate attempt to further deflect from the fact that your precious Brexit fantasy has already unravelled into a predictably hopeless, humiliating shambles. Unlucky. 

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

That's probably because you've just made it up in a desperate attempt to further deflect from the fact that your precious Brexit fantasy has already unravelled into a predictably hopeless, humiliating shambles. Unlucky. 

Yeah I think a lot of people still think we have the British Empire and manufacture goods that markets all over the world want. 

Sadly we don't anymore. A return to "the good old day" isn't happening anytime soon.

Archived