Film or book titles in pictures

29 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I'm going by the DVD, which is surely the correct title. I've never owned it on VHS (too young for that stuff) so I've no idea what it used to be called.

What does it actually say on screen, as opposed to the cover of the box?

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I'll watch it at the weekend and let you know.

Not sure what that'll prove, TBH. The first 'Star Wars' film was later retitled 'Episode IV: A New Hope' and it now says that on screen but KnightswoodBear doesn't seem to accept that. Presumably he prefers to call things by their original name, even if everybody else uses the new one...

Like Rangers.

1 minute ago, GordonD said:

Not sure what that'll prove, TBH. The first 'Star Wars' film was later retitled 'Episode IV: A New Hope' and it now says that on screen but KnightswoodBear doesn't seem to accept that. Presumably he prefers to call things by their original name, even if everybody else uses the new one...

Like Rangers.

Dick.

Put me right off my Opal Fruits and Marathon.

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

I'm still none the wiser about the rocket one.

Rocky 2, I think. The second photo is a V2 Rocket, while the first is a hard stick-shaped boiled sugar confectionery.

Little known fact: Sylvester Stallone was conceived in a B&B in Blackpool where his father was attending a hairdressers' convention. 

23 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Rocky 2, I think. The second photo is a V2 Rocket, while the first is a hard stick-shaped boiled sugar confectionery.

Nah, it's actually Rocky IV. (The V2 was known as the A-4 while it was being developed, so Rock A-4.)

3 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Nah, it's actually Rocky IV. (The V2 was known as the A-4 while it was being developed, so Rock A-4.)

Ah. I get the impression you've mistaken us for a group of smart people. :)

Anyway, seeing as how I didn't really 'get' it, someone else can have a pop.

Archived