Shopping Thread

for that, my carhartt jacket is £5 more expensive and a far superior article of clothing

I must have missed the boat when Carhartt became a big make. I genuinely know nobody who wears it at all and what i've seen of it has not made me a big fan, although your jacket is okay.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must have missed the boat when Carhartt became a big make. I genuinely know nobody who wears it at all and what i've seen of it has not made me a big fan, although your jacket is okay.

Jammy, as i think you know, i do not care if other folk where a make i have on. I like to wear makes that i like the clothing not that everyone else wears.

I Like my jacket and that is it, it is gortex, nice design, you pop and SI badge or something on it and the price increases by £200/300

Cruise sale started today (well Newcastle anyway) i'll pop in tomorrow and see if theres anything worth while buying.

As per usual there was nothing that caught my eye, apart from a grey stone island puffa jacket, reduced from £600 to £200, could'nt make my mind up about it, might go back tomorrow and purchase it. There was loads more ladies stuff there, so i ended up buying her these.

photo0026cx4.jpg

Fake London jeans down from £125 to £24

photo0027ys4.jpg

Dolce and gabbana jeans down from £100 to £25

photo0028ds8.jpg

Another pair of Dolce and Gabbana jeans down from £100 to £20

I've been told i'm not allowed to show you's the next photo's, so here's a wee hint ;)

photo0030ec5.jpg

This is what i did get for myself

photo0029ob8.jpg

As per usual there was nothing that caught my eye, apart from a grey stone island puffa jacket, reduced from £600 to £200, could'nt make my mind up about it, might go back tomorrow and purchase it.

Don't get a puffa jacket fella, they looked hideous in the 90's and still do now. The casualclothing site Section 4 has their sale on (most stuff now gone) and there are some SI puffa jackets in that if you are that interested. But for £200 you can get alot better, especially if you are willing to part with a little bit more.

£117.

You get what you pay for

Nope, that isn't worth £117. You could have got it without Armani written on it for a fraction of the price, and better quality.

DSCN2143.JPG

Got this from Jim Ures tonight, beige side is the best my someway.

Alot of new stuff in, in particular the FJall Raven jackets look cracking.

You went ahead with said purchase i see, good man!

I think that the black Fjallraven jacket on the website was smart in particular and i'm looking forward to having a look. I might take a little trip to Sly Ure's next week.

Just bought and started reading...

:)

but I'm still waiting for...

to come out in paperback! :(

Im on his 14th book at the moment. And I hav bought those. But itll take me a bit to get to the end of the series, especially with all the other books Im reading just now.

Pratchett is class though.

Edit- Thudd is out in paperback. Saw it in Asda the other day

I've never read any of his stuff - is it any good? Which one should I read first?

Read his Discworld series. It my favourite of his.

I started with - The Thief of Time. (But thats late on, 26th book)

The Colour of Magic is his first in the series, so would be a good place to start.

But "Mort" is probably one of the best Ive read so far. (Its 4th but would be ok to read first as it doesnt tie in with the previous 3)

Or you could also go with "Guards Guards!" as its his most famous and 8th in the line. It also would be ok for first reading as it doesnt tie in with the previous few)

But its entirely up to you. Theyre all really good./

Archived